DOA5LR Steam Version Delayed Until March 30th

The Dead or Alive 5: Last Round store page on Steam was updated today with an announcement of the game being delayed until March 30th. To compensate, Koei-Tecmo will offer the Halloween 2013 Costume set (All 28 costumes) for free of charge ($25 value) to all users who purchase Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam.

Change to Release Date
In order to provide you with the best experience possible, the expected release date for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam has been changed from Feb. 17 to March 30. In appreciation for your patience, we'll be offering the Halloween 2013 Set (28 costumes) free of charge to all users who purchase Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam.

Thank you for your understanding!

Previously, the steam version was set to be released with all other versions of the game on February 17th. Currently, this has not affected the Online Mode patch scheduled for the game within three months of release.

The Steam version marks Team NINJA's first attempt at a PC release for their games, but it appears they are being met with appreciation from fans. The pre-order goals have been met so the NINJA 2015 and Aloha packs will also be coming free to PC users where the console versions require specific retailer pre-order to receive.

steamsmall.png

If it was delayed due to patching in netplay, then it'd make sense. However, TN said that it doesn't affect the netplay being patched in 3 months later.

They're probably afraid PC version will outsell. Or they're bad coders and realized that the average PC won't handle it and they need to optimize a little (in which case, i'm impressed, because most companies take the stance that the customer is always willing to buy new hardware since it's so cheap).

Don't really want the Halloween pack since most of the costumes in it were terrible and I'd rather not get them when I select random...

Guess I'll just enjoy the PS3 version for awhile (ie: 5U with different colored lifebars).

I always assumed that the PC version would be the same as the PS4 and XB1 versions. Otherwise, it would have made no sense to port to PC in the first place.
This is the Japanese we're talking about. Often times, they make decisions that don't seem to make any.

I had a feeling this needed to happen. No netplay at launch tells me they were running into performance issues somewhere. No worries on my end. Console version is proceeding as planned and it gives Team Ninja another month to soak up those pre-orders.

lol im seriously doubting this was delayed because of "quality".

Correct, it was delayed because breaching release date contracts with Valve is fun and makes perfect business sense. I mean obviously any smart business partner has to lead you on a little bit just for kicks. That's the American way. Team Ninja wouldn't want Gabe to think they didn't respect our culture of gently screwing each other over.

Last edited:
Aaaargh and I've already been barely able to live without DOA until feb 17th.. And now more than a month later! This is truly horrible! I am addicted... I need DOA! :(
Only half-joking too.. I guess like people say it's better than releasing broken, but by jove I really really really am looking forward to playing this so much more than a month delay is really really painful :/

I had a feeling this needed to happen. No netplay at launch tells me they were running into performance issues somewhere. No worries on my end. Console version is proceeding as planned and it gives Team Ninja another month to soak up those pre-orders.

Correct, it was delayed because breaching release date contracts with Valve is fun and makes perfect business sense. I mean obviously any smart business partner has to lead you on a little bit just for kicks. That's the American way. Team Ninja wouldn't want Gabe to think they didn't respect our culture of gently screwing each other over.

You're acting like delaying the game because TN wasn't be able to meet the deadline isn't a possibility. Idk how you can comment on breach of release date contract if you don't actually know whats written in the contract or if there is even one for "release date". GTAV is on steam and look how many times it was delayed, I believe 3 times now. Dayz too, its been in alpha for like what, 2 years now? I highly doubt valve has some release date contract but idk.

Edit: TN haven't really been about quality for a while. Thats why I doubt it was delayed for "quality" reasons.

If it has actually been delayed for quality reasons then that's good.

Edit: The thing that bothers me is that its been delayed for about another month but on the steam page it still says online will be patched within 3 months.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD