Community Stun Academy #2

The next big European tournament is Stun Academy 2, and @K4rma has a few announcements pertaining to this big tournament:

"As the next Republic of Fighters will take place in the next several months, the french tournament organizers decided to implement a new DoA-only tournament to support the offline scene: The Stun Academy # 2."

"The concept is very simple: one full day of competition among European players in the center of Paris, with a solo tournament, a team tournament, but also lots of show matches and freeplay. The tournament will be played in Bo5, with round robin pools in Bo3. We’re expecting the best french (@Ky Dragon, @Alucardo…) and European players (@Gehaktbal should be here to defend his title). I hope we’ll see more players from Italy, Germany and UK this time."

Where?
64 Rue Orfila 75020 Paris

When?
August 30th, 2014

Registration
- Tournament starts at 9am
- Price: 8 euros
- Maximum players: 64

If you're considering attending the event, please let us know so we can get a good idea of the numbers of players.

Stream
We will post a web link several days before the event.

K4rma - maxime.besenval@gmail.com or
Forum - http://critical-stun.com/index.php?threads/stun-academy-2.309/

Do we have anyone interested in competing overseas!?

I wonder if this will become the next big doa tournament, similar to TFC in America. Hope you guys get a great turnout.

i dont know where you live in germany, but if its close to The Netherlands, maybe you can ride along with me in my car.

Thanks a lot for the offer! Unfortunantly, I'm from Saxony right in the other corner of Germany. While a train ride from Frankfurt to Paris is quite cheap, getting to Frankfurt first is what takes a lot money. It also depends what two nights in a hotel there would cost too, but yeah, I don't want to wail about the money here.

However, I have to see first if I'm able to plan my holiday(s) on that date.

London and UK fighters!

It is easier to make it in Stun Academy #2 DOA5 tournament @ Paris than I thought. It is mainly because this will be an one day only event (August 30th), so there's not need of hotel expenses. Also bus traveling from London arrives just 2 tube stations from the venue!

Rountrip bus costs £55 and journeys would be like this:
  • GOING TO EVENT TRIP
Departure: Friday 29/08/14 21:30
To: Paris (Gallieni)
Arriving: Friday 30/08/14 07:15​
  • COMING BACK HOME TRIP
Departure: Saturday 30/08/14 23:30
To: LONDON (Victoria Coach Station)
Arriving: Sunday 31/08/14 07:30​

Rountrip Paris tube ticket is about €3 (quite cheap). So total expenses from London would basicaly be £55 + €3 + food & drinks ;)

UPDATE 1: Bus booking can be easily online at: http://coach.nationalexpress.com/nx...h-station)&tolocname=paris-(gallieni),-france

UPDATE 2:
Map for arrival @ Paris: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Eurolines - Gare routière internationale Paris Gallieni, 28 Avenue du Général de Gaulle, 93170 Bagnolet, France/64 Rue Orfila, 75020 Paris, France/@48.8639463,2.4063751,16z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x47e66d79c2e4992d:0x6b8c0bcfba7b8d3!2m2!1d2.416687!2d48.864066!1m5!1m1!1s0x47e66d91afedab8d:0xd4a463dae5f143f7!2m2!1d2.3976848!2d48.8669055!3e3

(To my FSD friends from UK @UncleKitchener, @Hurricane Rev, @Capybara UK, @ULTIMa Ivanov and @JKT: please let your friends know this info)

Last edited:
I wonder what one is supposed to do if you are using a 3rd party PS3 controller that is not compatible with converters to Xbox.

I'm sure lending a pad from someone wouldn't be much of a problem.

Well, I don't know how you are able to handle it, but I'm sure I wouldn't do well on a controller I'm not used to. Especially when it's from a different platform. It's like driving with a different car.

Last edited:
Well, I don't know how you are able to handle it, but I'm sure I wouldn't do well on a controller I'm not used to. Especially when it's from a different platform. It's like driving with a different car.
I meant borrow someone's PS3 pad+converter, I'm sure there will be a few people that will be PS3 players.I'm assuming a DS3 pad would be manageable.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD