Community Summer Jam 8 -- Stun Academy 2 -- Fighting Carnival Results

With the hype between tournaments, Nyo's release, and the announcement of Dead or Alive 5: Last Round, here are results for all fantastic tournaments to keep you updated all in one place:

Congrats to RG Kwiggles and FC Blackberry for winning the next road block to TFC, and congrats to Kwiggles for taking Summer Jam 8 in crazy Christie mirrors. Check out the bracket for full results! Summer Jam was an incredible tournament and we had plenty of drama, hype, competition and competitors! Congratulations community!

Stun Academy 2:

1. Gehaktbal
2. Kyo Dragon
3. Alucardo

Check out the archived stream, an final results. The tournament was action packed, full of surprising character selections and intense power launchers that were all successfully completed. Great work, overseas! The stream is definitely worth watching if you missed the early American view.

I almost forgot Team NINJA's: Fighting Carnival! Thank to @splslick for the reminder. All available as of now is the results to my knowledge, and I assume that Youtube replays will be released sometime in the near future:

1. TeruRock (Leifang)
2. Kobm (Hayate)
3. PoPo (Tina)
3. FLACK (Bass)
5. koisi360 (Helena)
5. NCR (Bayman)
5. Hiropon@DoaTele (Tina)
5. Tonjichi@TChichiD (Mila)

9. KOBITO (Zack)
9. A K A (La Mariposa)
9. Yuuichi@Kuruton (Helena)
9. Yukashi (Momiji)
9. Souma (Marie Rose)
9. Test (Zack)
9. NIKY (Ayane)
9. Musen w (Akira)

17. hidetopapa (Ayane)
17. Nasuko (Helena)
17. C Y P H E R (Bayman)
17. Shiorojika (Gen Fu)
17. Katsuninken (Rig)
17. Jawa Curry Akira (Akira)
17. Wasao (Kokoro)
17. MAC (Tina)
17. Souma (La Mariposa)
17. SilverMoon (La Mariposa)
17. suka (Leifang)
17. MiNa (Phase-4)
17. Donpachi (Akira)
17. Qoors (Hayabusa)
17. clubrad (Brad Wong)
17. Yuu (Christie)

Last edited:
Yeah if you guys don't want to see Christie in the finals then you guys need to travel and take one of us out.

Even if someone did that, there'd still be like 3 dozen other people using her anyway. It feels like it's getting to the point where you need Christie to kill Christie. It's getting lame.

Pictured Mind said:
Or you just pick Rachel.
: )

He did at a point. Christie stomped her.

You know I work very hard to get to grand finals with her >.> I'm one of the only three people to use her...so how are y'all tired of seeing her.

I honestly think it's more the mirror match than the character. Similar things happened at TFC when it was Lopedo vs XCal Alpha vs Alpha...

but yeah, I also don't like Christie and I believe a lot of people feel the emphasis of the stun game on her character just tires their brain out too much to care.

I mean ok I can understand the mirrors but to just straight up say they hate seeing Christie win lol it's like they are basically saying they hate seeing me win xD I wanted to switch characters, but I couldn't after win my first match with her.

I mean ok I can understand the mirrors but to just straight up say they hate seeing Christie win lol it's like they are basically saying they hate seeing me win xD I wanted to switch characters, but I couldn't after win my first match with her.

Yeah I don't think it has anything to do with seeing Christie win.

But I think players need to study matchups more, me included.

Sweet Revenge went into the lab to study Alpha/Helena to take down BladeZ and looked on point. He even knew how to maximize juggle damage against Alpha. More people need to do that.

I don't mind seeing a good Christie in action, she's a very technical and complex character. But, it does become tiresome if you regularly see matches being dominated by Christie and hardly any other characters. One thing I enjoyed from watching JP DOA matches is seeing the relative character variety instead of just Christie or Helena. Even with MU knowledge Christie is still a bitch to beat.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD