Super Smash Bros. Thread

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I said it before, and I'll say it again: When it comes to character reveals in Smash (or any crossover fighter), it brings out the worst in us.

Argentus

DMC wannabe? Hard to be a "wannabe" or a rip off when they were both created by the same guy.

Bayo is nothing more than a successor.

But yeah I'm hyped for Bayo, makes me wish I had a Wii U/3DS...
Its in the same vein as BB just being a temporary stand in for GG even though its the same guys.

But seriously I'm starting to get a PlayStation All Stars vibe from smash. they're just throwing ANYONein now.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
But seriously I'm starting to get a PlayStation All Stars vibe from smash. they're just throwing ANYONein now.

Uhm...I wouldn't really call Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man, Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta anyone... Apart from Bayonetta these all sound more like the who's who in gaming history. Bayonetta is the least famous, yes, but she has going for her that she is basically a Nintendo-owned character now, that she's coming from a highly acclaimed series and that she actually was the overall most popular fan choice of all the characters that where possible to implement into the game. So she deserves that spot.

I find the plethora of Fire Emblem characters much more annoying and nonesensical. The series is probably huge in Japan...but in the West...? Welp, I don't own a WiiU anyway, so... But If I did, I would be pissed, that Reyn of Xenoblade Chronicles didn't make it in in addition to Shulk. XD

500px-Reyn_Time.jpeg

Last edited:

LightSonic

Where's Goku. lol But seriously, yeah too many FE characters. We really didn't need Corrin, Robin OR Lucina. I like Lucina and use her pretty often, but she would have been perfect as just a costume and that's it.

I just wish this wasn't the last DLC. But, who knows, they might make an updated Smash 4 for NX with more content. Ice Climbers would be able to come back since they wouldn't have to worry about the 3DS version and probably Wolf too (along with some more Melee stages hopefully). I still want more characters like Vaati and think Hyrule Warriors should have gotten something in Smash 4 (Impa).

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'd like to see more Zelda reps, Midna(full form or imp), Linkle or Impa would be great. maybe the next Link should be Wii U Link instead of OoT/Twilight Pincess

LightSonic

I'd be ok with that. Zelda U Link looks cool. But, honestly why not just make all older Links alternate costumes for Link similar to Olimar/Alph? Add in a Hero's Shade alt while they're at it too.

For other Zelda characters I really just want Impa (HW) and Vaati. They are the next most recurring characters in the series and would be pretty unique.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Wow. People are actually salty about Bayonetta being in Smash?
Like I said: when it comes to character reveals, it brings out the worst in all of us.

I know Corrin and Cloud were not part of the Smash Ballot. However, Bayonetta won the Smash Fighter Ballot in Europe and placed in the Top 5 in North America.

The fans who voted in the ballot really wanted Bayonetta in this game.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Only Bayonetta.

Roy, Ryu, Lucas, and Cloud were planned before the ballot happened, and Corrin is in to promote the upcoming Fire Emblem Fates game.

Kronin

Personally I'm glad to see Bayonetta to become part of the Smash Bros roster: surely in comparison to old mascots it wasn't the character more worhty to be in, but in the recent Nintendo history it's definitely one of the characters able to become so famous to be recognized indipendently from their own series (surely more than Cloud, that maybe anticipates the return of the main series on a Nintendo platform, but it's definitely considered a Playstation character even if worldwide popular).

Now the shame it's that I don't own a Wii U... =(

The best part of the presentation was, without a doubt Bayonetta Kirby. Fabulous af: http://i.imgur.com/OdBUH21.gifv

sample-f1b96385778eecb7c885a3fbba440e8d.jpg

XD

SilverForte

Dont really care for Kamui, we didn't need another fire emblem character.

I dunno about Bayo, her game was good but I don't really care for the character herself, she looks fun to play though.

Jaguar360

Oh that's right, isn't Goku the next character after Bayonetta via polls? Bayonetta is the last character I hear.
We don't know the exact results for anyone outside of Bayonetta, but Bayo was said to be the #1 most voted character worldwide outside of "unrealizable" characters. This means that there was at least someone higher than her that couldn't make it in, so probably Goku/Shrek/possibly Snake because #FucKonami.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD