Super Smash Bros. Thread

LightSonic

Oh that's right, isn't Goku the next character after Bayonetta via polls? Bayonetta is the last character I hear.

Nah we don't know the real results, but I wouldn't be surprised is Goku was up there haha Plus he is a really well known character that casuals would vote for. lol Even if there was a character who could be in Smash above Bayonetta in NA's votes, they just choose Bayonetta because she had the most votes overall worldwide. I still want Goku in Smash 5 though. lol If James Bond could have been consider for Smash, Goku can too. lool

XVideos

Isn't it unfair that Bayonetta gets a free witch time every time she successfully dodges an attack at close range considering how often that happens in a game?

Can she activate witch time during air dodge too?

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Isn't it unfair that Bayonetta gets a free witch time every time she successfully dodges an attack at close range considering how often that happens in a game?

Can she activate witch time during air dodge too?
I'm sure they'll balance her out once she's available.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
nWLCG5z.jpg

XVideos

Bayonetta is like the first ever female character in Smash Bros to have sassy playful attitude.
All the other ones are either airheads, royalties, or have 0 personality.

You would think the over the top sexy type would always have a presence in fighters, but apparently not in Smash Bros until now

Last edited:

Argentus

Bayonetta is like the first ever female character in Smash Bros to have sassy playful attitude.
All the other ones are either airheads, royalties, or have 0 personality.

You would think the over the top sexy type would always have a presence in fighters, but apparently not in Smash Bros until now

I see you haven't met Palutena

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
So Masahiro Sakurai explained the DLC choices for Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta on Famitsu. It was fan-translated, so out of respect for the website's wishes, I'm gonna summarize it.

For Cloud, he mentioned that always wanted a Final Fantasy representative in Smash 4. He talked mostly about the character's playstyle.

For Corrin, Sakurai wanted to use a character from an upcoming Nintendo game. He used Fire Emblem Fates, which is already out in Japan and soon to be released overtime, becoming the prime candidate. He thought having too many Fire Emblem characters was going to be a problem (which I know everyone is sick of), but he decided to make Corrin a fun character that is different from other FE characters. Then, he talked about his playstyle, such as being a long-ranged character and a shape-shifter.

For Bayonetta: Now we all know that Bayonetta is the only character that was part of the Smash Ballot. He mentioned that of the 1.8 million votes, Bayonetta had the most out of them. Also, since Bayonetta 2 is a Nintendo exclusive, the negotiations between him and Platinum were very easy. The problem was that he was trying to figure out how to properly represent this character. The best way of doing that is by making her a combo-heavy character, which he went into detail with the playstyle.

One more thing he put out: he mentioned that it was extremely difficult to go through the rating system for each region because of Bayonetta's sexy antics, which was considered strict for Japan's rating board.

Source: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/12/23/496/

BRG Choy

Never really cared for Smash 4 (I prefer Smash 64) nor amiibos, but Bayonetta might be the first amiibo I'll buy.

XVideos

Never really cared for Smash 4 (I prefer Smash 64) nor amiibos, but Bayonetta might be the first amiibo I'll buy.
Smash 64 was the 1st game I ever played seriously. I know melee is better, but 64's is good in its simplicity and polish.
I kind of want ZSSamus amiibo.

BRG Choy

Smash 64 was the 1st game I ever played seriously. I know melee is better, but 64's is good in its simplicity and polish.
I kind of want ZSSamus amiibo.
I like Smash 64 for its simplicity too, but also for the old school high damage and the longer shieldstun.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD