News Team NINJA Costume Contest

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I really like that Ein outfit but Momiji's in the same picture is amazing also.
doa_costume_contest_discarded_concepts_1_by_tyaren-d7fnw9d.jpg

Thanks for not cutting out stuff in my illustrations...XD

David Gregg

I actually think the new hairstyles (Brad included) will be available for all outfits on current gen. They said they would not be on last gen.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Yes, I would say so. ;)
But it's nice to see someone remembered these old designs and would like them in the game. They are just one year old, but I think the drawings look horrid. Oh, God! XD *hides*

I know, Argentus would like these costumes in the game:

15389769054_605112a787_o.jpg
Ok, I'm never going to crop someone's art again. ;)
They might be a year old, but they still are good, even if you have marginally improved from then.

As for the costumes you did for Leon and Mila. They are sick. I love both of them, but isn't Mila's one her C2 with a sports bra instead of a undershirt? Either way, I would like to see them both in game.

WisperG

People more I analyze my entry, more I think that it's the most stupid thing on the Earth (with choices of design that really don't make absolutely sense) and more I pray TN that they will not include it if not with drastical changes. I don't know how was possible that I submitted it without realizing all this...
Which one was yours? I can't remember exactly.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Dunno, sumo bass made it into a DLC pack at least... most likely they'll just go for pirate bass.

I just need to get an artist to make me a King Bass arcade stick art.

Yours is the better design. I's simple (in a good way) but memorable and Bass looks like a boss in it. It could be one of his defaults in DOA6, it's that good imho. There's also that skull design of his biker costume.

10247487_520432831394140_5500271005345942596_n.jpg

This is the other one:

10247343_520433568060733_7094229265382322518_n.jpg

It's the stereotypical pirate... I wonder, if TN might go for this one instead, just because it is more flashy (most of the Last Round bonus costumes are so far) and because Team Ninja, or someone influential there, seems to be very fond of pirates, lol. But would they recreate yet another pirate design outside of Halloween...? :/

Aspect

I think that a realistic doubt can be on Brad Wong but definitely not for Helena, considering that so far all the new hairstyles for the girls are available on all her outfits.

People are asking a loose option for basicall all the character having long hair, male and females: I hope that TN got this in consideration and that will allow it for all the outfits of Brad and Ryu (and Gen Fu would be great too!)

I might be wrong, but isn't Kasumi's hairstyle for her Warriors Orochi costume only available on that outfit?

WisperG

I might be wrong, but isn't Kasumi's hairstyle for her Warriors Orochi costume only available on that outfit?
I recall Kasumi having one of her regular hair options (loose maybe?) for that outfit. Or were you talking about Ayane, who got the blonde hair?

Aspect

I recall Kasumi having one of her regular hair options (loose maybe?) for that outfit. Or were you talking about Ayane, who got the blonde hair?
possibly, i haven't played Kasumi in a while but for sure Ayane's blonde is only for that outfit

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Yours is the better design. I's simple (in a good way) but memorable and Bass looks like a boss in it. It could be one of his defaults in DOA6, it's that good imho. There's also that skull design of his biker costume.

This is the other one:

It's the stereotypical pirate... I wonder, if TN might go for this one instead, just because it is more flashy (most of the Last Round bonus costumes are so far) and because Team Ninja, or someone influential there, seems to be very fond of pirates, lol. But would they recreate yet another pirate design outside of Halloween...? :/
A lot of these costumes are awesome and should be in game.
TN should do a pirates DLC pack, including ALL THE CHARACTERS!
even Alpha.
And I know a lot of people will disagree with me but it would be KEWWLL

Kronin

Dunno, sumo bass made it into a DLC pack at least... most likely they'll just go for pirate bass.

I just need to get an artist to make me a King Bass arcade stick art.

Honestly your one seems to me fits perfectly the character and it's also very simple: these two things alone make your one already the one with most chances to be selected ;)

Actually Kasumi has just loose hair if I remember correctly, too bad that she get clipping problems with it.

Which one was yours? I can't remember exactly.

Better XD

My entry is this one:
hc2C2l2.jpg

While I like the single elements taken in itself as the ones on the left and the cloak idea, the design not only needed of more details but overall has some stilish choices that don't make completely sense and I don't know what I was thinking while doing them. I know that some people liked it (and I'm grateful for it), but actually I can't hide that more I see it and more I think that it's really badly conceived despite the big mole of work that I put behind (I know that seems incredible but it's the truth).

Maybe Eliot's Halloween design, that was higly changed directly from TN, could hint to a possible future presence of my outfit revaling to use elements recycled from it (or planned for it). But in that case for me would be a personal shame because for the two contests I realized other 3 entries (2 more than the allowed - and this will not happen again - but for one of them I had a good reason to do it and in both the cases I assigned all the rights to other existing people) and even if they weren't really appreciated, honestly I think that they ended to be much more better and at least average taken in themselves.

Of course I would be glad if my design was included but only with drastic changes as happened for Eliot's one, otherwise I would prefer that wasn't included at all: I say this not for being melodramatic but because I seriously believe to have messed with it :(

Last edited:

lotr9690

I happen to be the artist behind that costume even if I originally made that entry for someone else so my chances are pretty slim in comparison despite it being one of the staff's personal favorites (especially since the one who was suppose to claim the prizes backed out on me)

That costume amuses me.
That's awesome! It's a shame it might not get in. She was my favorite! How awesome. It's sexy but not like... weird sexy lol! You know? It's sophisticated sexy. It communicates that she's not a sex object she's a sex subject which is important to me!
If they don't put it in, I'll try to make it when I have the time. :)
If he get's that costume, girls and gays won't have much fun with it, as he will be as flat as...as Marie Rose is elsewhere flat. XD
That's totally fine. The thigh exposure and perhaps some cheek will be great. Either way... If no one else does I will mod it for PC... so. All these could potentially get in now that we have PC. OMG YOU GUYS!? I can't believe I'm going to do this. Come hell or high water, this costume will exist in my game no matter what. I'm so excited! My first actual male fanservice costume. I want to put it on Ein/Hayate though... I have a thing for them. But I mean... don't we all? ahahaha Ahhh... I love DOA. Thank you developers
tumblr_lyf989IhPX1qd2o39.gif
Ok I'm gonna stop fangirling now.

Last edited:

Argentus

This is the other one:

I do see one issue with King Bass, which is a common issue with submission costumes: How it would translate in game.

Bass isn't that well built in game, so I'm a little concerned he would just look like your standard "sits at home watching discovery channel with a beer in his hand and a wifebeater and wont get up for nothing" lol. Be more Al Bundy than King Bass lol. Good comparison is his Rig Worker outfit, which is essentially the same minus overalls and equipment. Just...Bass in just pants and wife beater, all i can think of is "drunk dad" lol when you factor in his in game...STOUT physique lol.

That said, I still love it. Not a fan of pirates just because cliche.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I do see one issue with King Bass, which is a common issue with submission costumes: How it would translate in game.

Bass isn't that well built in game, so I'm a little concerned he would just look like your standard "sits at home watching discovery channel with a beer in his hand and a wifebeater and wont get up for nothing" lol.
It would still look good, because it would be a tight white vest, SHADES (Bass with shades is the shit), a Wrestling Belt and black pants with tassels. TASSELS, homie.

He might not be ridiculously large like the original art, but he'd still look good in the King Bass costume, as he looks great now.
bass_02_by_lord_honk-d6bl3sv.jpg

It'll still look good, bro. Don't feel concerned.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD