DOA5LR Team NINJA Debuts Youtube Series

Team NINJA has tried video series before, but now with Master's advanced knowledge of the games, we could expect a lot more out of the productions. You can subscribe to Team NINJA's Youtube page and feel free to share news stories like this to your social media that will help with raising exposure for Dead or Alive and the offline scene.

We're going to mix things up with a series of videos for new and dedicated fans of #DOA5LR. These videos will share gameplay details of the game and will also highlight features that may have been overlooked. Here is the first "Did You Know" video - Tag Match. #ImAFighter What crazy Tag Match combo can you come up with and which tag throw is your favorite? - Master

For more incredible DOA Youtube content, subscribe to @EMPEROR_COW to get some of the best combo videos available for Last Round, and even the other iterations if you want to see how the game has changed since 2012.

Last edited:
I think they need to actually do videos going into the properties of characters' moves, what can beat what, not just combo videos. Actual character guides.

I mean i'm sure there ARE videos like that somewhere, but I've never seen em. Every time I've ever tried to look up how to get better with a character, regardless of game, it's just fucking combo videos, which doesn't help at all.
The guides in Air Dasher (Guilty Gear and Blazblue) games go pretty deep.

Tekken does have in-depth guides but you have to weed through a bunch of stoners doing impractical death combos and EWGF numbers.

I respectfully disagree. Now I don't need something in-depth. But similar to how Street Fighter introduced some characters and had a general overview of how characters play, I feel that would be good for DOA 6. Advanced stuffs in the tutorial, yet some people don't even know how to do it, let alone know of it. Tekken has stuff but it's barebones. Sample combos are meh compared to DOA's Combo Challenges and the Tekken app to me's near worthless considering how I have hwoarang who supposedly has all the frame advantage in the world according to Tekken chicken and I still get beat out (But it's online so I'm over it). And for newbies it's still a war zone learning basic stuff like how to get up or sidestep (I played someone who was jumping so much he didn't bother to try to sidestep anymore). Since Tekken has no online dojo, I can't help out people also which is a big pain. And considering how the first installment talked about Tag and the mode in general, I feel that it'd be good to do other stuff.
I agree with that. A good marketing strat would be after every character reveal they release an overview video as well, showing you the basics and whats good. Like a League of Legends champion spotlight. THEN during the early days of the game release a general tutorial series that goes deeper than the one that's in the game.

As for the Tekken talk, it's always been a learn-it-yourself game, and I think that will be Harada's intention for the longest while. Good to play casually for stoners, but I feel like finding things out yourself in training mode without the game telling you that you can do it is more fun. To each their own I guess xD

Character guides are kind of like combo guides imo, the game developers I think don't do that since they expect you to learn the character and their kit yourself which I myself enjoy doing, I think as a community people should do more move set break downs over combos since anyone can make a combo vid, character guides take time and dedication and can help people know exactly what a specific move does. Anyone can use Mila's tackle mount but we need people for example to explain and break down how it can be used, what's it's properties and when it should and shouldn't be used, that kind of thing

I respectfully disagree. Now I don't need something in-depth. But similar to how Street Fighter introduced some characters and had a general overview of how characters play, I feel that would be good for DOA 6. Advanced stuffs in the tutorial, yet some people don't even know how to do it, let alone know of it. Tekken has stuff but it's barebones. Sample combos are meh compared to DOA's Combo Challenges and the Tekken app to me's near worthless considering how I have hwoarang who supposedly has all the frame advantage in the world according to Tekken chicken and I still get beat out (But it's online so I'm over it). And for newbies it's still a war zone learning basic stuff like how to get up or sidestep (I played someone who was jumping so much he didn't bother to try to sidestep anymore). Since Tekken has no online dojo, I can't help out people also which is a big pain. And considering how the first installment talked about Tag and the mode in general, I feel that it'd be good to do other stuff.
Street fighter I feel can do those easily since 2D fighters tend to be a lot less complex than 2D, plus most of the new fighters in that game are gimmick characters so they can just whip up a video showing off the move set and their gimmick while 3D fighters have alot more to take into account.

The combo challenges in DOA aren't really practical either and are often times just for show while tekken shows more practical combos that can be used as go tos while DOA favors more flashy stuff for bragging rights which is why it's kind of it's own mode, I did all of Kasumi's and Nao's and never use them since KKKKKKKK for example isn't really practical. And that guy doesn't know how to get up or sidestep? 0_o he probably should learn that first since that's legit a basic thing.

I personally would like to see more videos regarding the lore and stuff of the game too so new players can better understand character backgrounds and maybe like a brief summary of how they play and what their styles emphasize, like for say Kasumi they can go over her story, her relationships and ties to DOATEC and then explain her style like "A fast and versatile ninja, Kasumi is good at keeping the opponent on her toes with her speed, versatility, and combo damage output. She's no glass cannon either as she has a backflip, air jump and parries for those who want to play her more defensive and turtle like her DOA2 iteration. She may not be particularly someone you want to mash with or finish strings on block with and she may not be a heavy hitter but when played carefully, wisely and precisely she can quickly become one of the most deadly warriors of the game, as the face of DOA should be!". That would give the player a good idea of what they're getting themselves into with a character

To keep a game active you are required to keep releasing content for it. The offline scene has more big events planned, such as NEC and a lot of time and money has gone into making these enjoyable experiences for the community.

We will get our DOA6, but who knows if it will be announced at TGS? I see the time slot for DOA on their schedule and it says DOA5, not DOA6. Also, a reveal does not mean a release on the day of the reveal. So expect to wait another year after it is announced. There could be an announcement for DOA6, but expecting it is to set yourself up for shattered hopes and unpleasantries in the forum.

I'm disappointed that the game hasn't been revealed, but I also realize there are other games to play and I've waited longer for others.

Well, this video shows they do want people to play Tag mode. And, we might be seeing a return of 2v2 Tag tournaments soon, so it helps.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD