Team Ninja details next upcoming patch for Dead or Alive 5

Team Ninja.jpg

A few short moments ago, director Yohei Shimbori tweeted a flurry of tweets with info on the next upcoming patch for Dead or Alive 5, shedding light on what we can expect.

He offers up some exciting details on what we can look forward to, but did not confirm an exact date as to when the next patch will be rolling out. Nonetheless, some pretty nifty stuff awaits.

Here are the patch details that Shimbori noted:

-[D-YS] I've finally had a chance to check out a few of the tweaks, so here are a few bits of info about the next patch.

-[D-YS] First, it looks like we can clear up the huge lag that happened on some stages for online fights.

-[D-YS] Now you should be able to fight without worrying about what stage you're on.

-[D-YS] Next, you'll be able to view opponent information before the start of a ranked match.

-[D-YS] You'll see their name, connection speed, grade, etc. all before you actually accept the fight

-[D-YS] And good news for IPL, NEC, Season's Beatings, DID and all the other tournaments out there! We're adding an Exhibition Mode!

-[D-YS] You can unlock all the characters, (almost) all costumes, and all stages for offline versus matches

-[D-YS] There's still more in the works, but I'm only gonna talk about what I've actually seen myself. So stay tuned for more updates!

They just explained it. It's a mode with all characters and most costumes automatically unlocked for offline tournament play.

Happy about online changes (Have to see it before I believe it) and exhibition mode (haven't done any unlocking except for what I got for playing story, online and training)

-[D-YS] And good news for IPL, NEC, Season's Beatings, DID and all the other tournaments out there! We're adding an Exhibition Mode!

This is so cool. Every game with competitive versus mode needs "tournament" mode.

-[D-YS] You'll see their name, connection speed, grade, etc. all before you actually accept the fight

I don't think showing name in ranked mode is a good idea.

P.S.: Hope they have some training mode improvements in line.

So one does not have an opportunity to reject a match by checking player name. If one lost hard to Alice, and see her coming back after a few matches, they may reject the match just to not lose again.

This is against the point of ranked matches. You do not select your opponent. Otherwise you need to select the weakest opponents possible, and avoid the strongest so you can achieve better rank faster.

So one does not have an opportunity to reject a match by checking player name. If one lost hard to Alice, and see her coming back after a few matches, they may reject the match just to not lose again.

This is against the point of ranked matches. You do not select your opponent. Otherwise you need to select the weakest opponents possible, and avoid the strongest so you can achieve better rank faster.

Yes, but if Alice is lagging on purpose in order to win then it's great that we can reject the cheating bitch.

This looks to be a very promising patch! Reducing lag is always good, seeing players names , in ranked, makes that runback wanted even more, and exhibition mode really benefits TOs. It's awesome that there's still more to come!

And if Alice is actually too strong for you to win would you run away?
Well, you can't expect to beat Kuonji Alice. She's a witch for crying out loud
-_-

That option is mostly so you don't have to play through laggy matches if you do not want to. A person who attempts to abuse it will not go far in ranked matches since they will still fail against even the mediocre players.

That option is mostly so you don't have to play through laggy matches if you do not want to.

They are adding connection speed gauge for that. Does it solve the issue or not is another story.

A person who attempts to abuse it will not go far in ranked matches since they will still fail against even the mediocre players.

Everyone playing ranked matches to win and get better rank got to abuse it. This is legitimate tool to avoid playing matches likely to net you lose. It can (and, like, should) be used by anyone having the ability to lose.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD