Team Ninja On Why Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Is Missing Features On 360 And PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
From Siliconera
doalr_thumb.jpg

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round is going to be the final game in the Dead or Alive 5 series, and it’s going to available on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. The catch is, the 360 and PS3 versions will be digital-only and are missing certain features.

Some of the game’s fans have wondered why this is the case, and Team Ninja’s response is that the lack of a physical version is because of retailers. On the Dead or Alive Facebook page, the studio stated: “The reason why we can not make last gen retail version is that retailers in the west can not take them and make them in stock. They are not supporting last gen game any more.”

“Some of the developers like [Ubisoft], Bethesda, Warner will rapidly shift their production line from last gen to new gen console as you may know. Always this has been happened when 1st party launched newer consoles. But we are not saying that we won’t dramatically cut off last gen users like someone already started. We’ve tried to deal with everyone as fair as possible.”

The studio also addressed why the game’s Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions are missing the new stages that will be included in the Xbox One and PS4 versions, although the answer to this question isn’t quite as convincing.

“No stages on PS3/X360 made you mad,” Team Ninja wrote on Facebook. “We noticed that. However, last gen spec and current gen spec is so different to be honest and if we optimize the game to last gen, we can’t archive the game suited for current gen.”

In addition to the new stages, the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions are also missing the new hairstyles and Costume Options screen, which allow you to customize your fighter’s appearance and preview it on the Character Select screen.

Read more stories about Dead or Alive 5: Last Round & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 & Xbox 360 & Xbox One on Siliconera.

Last edited by a moderator:

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
Everyone is not going to believe this i wouldn't either 2 Lorelei stages 300 costumes as dlc plus 3 dlc characters known as Phase4,Marie Rose,Nyotengu and we still can't get any new stages i understand very well #Teamninja Thank You very much for the support.

KokorosMaster

Standard Donor
cant do costume customization? Bullish, you very well could, you could release the FULL game online in games on demand; however you choose to make it attached to DoA5:u version with a T.U and a paid expansion. Lightning Returns, Dark Souls 2, Gears of War 2 and 3, Halo 4 are just some FULL games supported on the games on demand. Separate DoA5:LR and U and we wouldn't have this problem.

KokorosMaster

Standard Donor
ive explained this so many times but people on doaworld.com have chosen to ignore me.

Ill post a video to express what I believe is the decision making behind TN

KokorosMaster

Standard Donor
Don't worry Casual Players never listen right? All they do is care about costumes and Boobs? And costumes transfers LOL

Hey hey hey. I love boobs!. and costumes. however there is more to it that just that alone! I WANT CAMELTOE! XD

No but I enjoy dressing my girls up though this is in no way what makes me PLAY doa. If I wanted to play dress up I would play a game that offers color changing to my clothes and X number of features that would better my experience at this sole want/.

Check out
in order to hear my thoughts on the what, and whys of TN.

Last edited by a moderator:

KokorosMaster

Standard Donor
Though Fiend Busa, you've totally missed the who point of the argument. You shouldn't be a gamer if you have no idea whats going on with the games your playing. People like you cause more issues or allow issues to continue within the market. Have a voice, speak with the people who are passionate about something. If CoD fans were upset about something like misfair treatment, then I would step in. Im a gamer, not some arrogant air head who is selfish and only cares about what I want. If my request in a game should be heard, so should everyone elses.

Be friend gamers, not alienate them.

Last edited:

KokorosMaster

Standard Donor
Lol bro idc if you double post it just that mods dont allow it, I dont even understand myself why thats a rule.

If this wasnt a technical constraint and all content was available on last gen then there would be no incentive for people who own the game already to buy last round

Uhmm no.. 7th and 8th gen are coming out at the same time. You would buy the one you want. 8th gen is more expensive for a few more features. I know some people save money every where and any where they can. What makes you think 2 stages and hair flips are gunna make them throw 10$ extra at them with their panties wet?

People will regardless buy what accommodates their financial situation and/or preferences. Your simply thinking singular again..

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
lol I just noticed your location is "Fakku.net" lmao xD

Hey man I am not a doa fan and have no idea whats going on between the community and Team Ninja. Im just looking at this from the companies perspective.

KokorosMaster

Standard Donor
lol I just noticed your location is "Fakku.net" lmao xD

Hey man I am not a doa fan and have no idea whats going on between the community and Team Ninja. Im just looking at this from the companies perspective.

I seriously would disagree. You are a fan by any means of supporting the game in question. Being here even is a form of support.

And you aren't really looking at this from the company perspective. Did you ask them how they felt. Do you know the definition of their decision making? No, what the media know and hears and tells are all completely different from the behind the scenes developing. Please remember that a company spends its time trying to get paid. That is the whole point to these companies. We can try to help these companies become more supported and so forth by fans and new comers alike if we all can talk and express the points we enjoy and the points that displease us.

And ya my location is my address for sure ;p lol ^//^

KokorosMaster

Standard Donor
No, I bought DOA5 was because I am a fan of Hayabusa lol

Yes I emailed team ninja and asked them.

I went to fakku once, was not disappointed

TN is Hayabusas. You are supporting the company for in no way does Hayabusa receive a share of the profits earned by your wasted $.

The company is shifty. I don't trust Microsoft and I sure wouldn't trust the companies in which help them make profit. Love TN, but sorry I don't go to the bar with them and hang out at the park. Were not friends and appearance is important to these companies.

And with the Nosebleed forums, who would be ;p XD

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I do support TN, i throw my money blindly at their NG products lols xD

Seeing my favourite characters getting banged, makes me legitimately sad lol

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
If people are ever wondering why this game doesn't do well in the FGC let me just say this i try to defend this game but it looks like they are holding themselves back not us. This company is fighting themselves not us we give advice on how to improve the game but they ignore us including when we give request in offline events and they don't respond back. I will get over this and buy a next-Gen i just don't like these Capcom practices how many times do i have to buy the game again i think one purchase should be enough.

KokorosMaster

Standard Donor
Every time you post something off topic, I have to go and delete it. That makes my day sad. Don't make my day sad.

Your post does not in no way revolve around this thread. You could have offered some bottom piece of text that included your thoughts and feelings about what this thread was originally intended for. People like me would like to hear your thoughts especially around such a topic as this..

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD