Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Raansu

THAT'S WONDERFUL NEWS! Now if they can finally tell us what the heck the minimum/recommended specs are for Steam, I would gladly appreciate it.

I'm afraid to even get this game on steam. I get burned every time I buy a fighting game on pc. Community empties out pretty fast.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm afraid to even get this game on steam. I get burned every time I buy a fighting game on pc. Community empties out pretty fast.

It's been an adjustment period for me, but it will be worth it down the line with how console gaming is going.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I hope they say how big the digital version file size will be soon. Once I get this next paycheck I'm going to preorder a physical copy so that way after I get the digital copy, I can just delete the digital version and just play physical, I only got digital so I could get all possible preorder stuff xD

Raansu

It's been an adjustment period for me, but it will be worth it down the line with how console gaming is going.

Going how?

Is it like that for SF as well? If so, that must suck for all Fighters to lose players on PC

SF is always the odd one out and manages to gain players usually similar to tekken, but like SC6 for example had like almost 15,000 players on pc at launch and its down to only a few hundred now. Its losing about 40% a month. Injustice averages like 100 something players now. DoA5 its kind of unfair to really look at given the games age and releasing on PC late, but it only averages about 50 players.

I'd prefer to play DoA6 on PC given my new rig and would love to see how it looks on my new monitor, but I'm just worried a more niche fighter like doa wont last long on a platform the generally doesn't do well with fighters. I'll likely stick with the ps4 and just keep an eye on the pc population.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Let's talk about something we agree on... these pre-order options. My god I do not like them, but I am dealing with it the best I can. So if I get a steel book not only am I required to buy it from a specific outlet, but I do not get the deluxe content as a code inside. I wonder if that will reflect in my total...

My plan at this point is Digital Deluxe on PC, steel book on PS4.

Some of this seems kind of rushed; no doubt. I'm not a fan of the Gamecity CE price when instead of getting figurines I'm getting plastic stands as displayed in one of their more recent tweets. Once again... dealing with it the best I can.

The better route would have been to be a slight improvement over DOA5s for all regions. It wasn't the best CE in the world, but it had all the basics to keep most happy for the price they paid.

UpSideDownGRUNT

The render things just a bonus though, you still get all the deluxe content and the posters/mousepads and stuff.

As for the steelbook it's also just a fancy case for the game its not even that special so why would it have deluxe dlc?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It's a sad state of affairs that they even have to make such preorder bonus charts. :(

I'll preorder the physical PS4 version. Nyotengu is imo the only preorder bonus worth it. The steelbook is pretty nice, but getting the game a couple days before official release from my smaller, local game shop beats that. I also don't like Gamestop.

The 25 Digital Deluxe Costumes did interest me at one point. But at least the costumes that we saw so far are nothing that I simply need. The DOA5 Last Round preorder costumes were so much better.
I still wonder what the costumes for the male characters look like. Are they also wrestling themed? I am sure I will be able to buy the ones that I happen to like separately later anyway.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Lmao toooo rich. X) ♡
I wish xD I'm not rich but I do work alot of hours during the weeks so I'm able to usually able to get some good amounts of game/commission stuff since I don't really spend much on stuff besides clothes and food of course xD

next week when I get my check I'll likely preorder a physical edition then and I'll likely game share the digital ver. to a close friend if he doesnt have it and maybe my sister as well

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
The render things just a bonus though, you still get all the deluxe content and the posters/mousepads and stuff.

As for the steelbook it's also just a fancy case for the game its not even that special so why would it have deluxe dlc?

So the plastic stands are free with the $400 set? :eek:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Going how?

SF is always the odd one out and manages to gain players usually similar to tekken, but like SC6 for example had like almost 15,000 players on pc at launch and its down to only a few hundred now. Its losing about 40% a month. Injustice averages like 100 something players now. DoA5 its kind of unfair to really look at given the games age and releasing on PC late, but it only averages about 50 players.

I'd prefer to play DoA6 on PC given my new rig and would love to see how it looks on my new monitor, but I'm just worried a more niche fighter like doa wont last long on a platform the generally doesn't do well with fighters. I'll likely stick with the ps4 and just keep an eye on the pc population.

If you pay attention to numbers, most all fighters do that whether you are on PC or not. I play on PC and notice that I'm not fighting the same person over and over again with SCVI. I usually get a new person every time and that's all that matters to me.

And the graphics are a BIG deal to me. I noticed a huge difference from my PC to PS4 with SCVI. It's almost crazy to me how bad the PS4 has aged. I'm playing Red Dead on it now and it chugs like a choo choo train.

Not to mention, I don't play a lot of DOA5 online -- I play offline with friends so there is guaranteed no lag.

Raansu

If you pay attention to numbers, most all fighters do that whether you are on PC or not. I play on PC and notice that I'm not fighting the same person over and over again with SCVI. I usually get a new person every time and that's all that matters to me.

And the graphics are a BIG deal to me. I noticed a huge difference from my PC to PS4 with SCVI. It's almost crazy to me how bad the PS4 has aged. I'm playing Red Dead on it now and it chugs like a choo choo train.

Not to mention, I don't play a lot of DOA5 online -- I play offline with friends so there is guaranteed no lag.

Eh, RDR2 runs great on the one x. Dunno about the ps4 pro. Numbers overall are still overwhelmingly higher on consoles.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Mila's advanced low hold looks really weird. I mean how tf does this even work? Especially on a heavy opponent like Bass? I definitely need a Gracie Breakdown on this fancy Jiu Jitsu stuff.^^
This is more of a rear naked choke with a butterfly guard from the rear(the part where she forces your legs open with her feet, in that respect the animation is wrong) to keep them from moving thier legs and thus preventing from standing and thus having an opportunity to break the choke. the animation is a bit weird but this type of move works especially well when a smaller person does it against a larger opponent.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD