Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Brute

Standard Donor
The worst part about them using old stages is that it becomes obvious how much better they looked in the previous game.

Fix the lightning. Fuck.

YEH

giphy.gif

Half of it is from Akira
tumblr_n5sk6l1Xn01rje51ao1_400.gif

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
There has to be apparent balance that will please both casual and competitive players. OH no Tina's big boobs are jiggling. To me that isn't nearly as distracting as one of the characters wearing a venus or one of the guys wearing nothing but undies. lol That should be saved for Xtreme where it looks more functional and less absurd.

To me it looks like Team NINJA has balanced that stuff out just fine. And the Twinfinite guy made a lot of sense when he said SC does it and gets away with it, but they get away with it because they don't have a game on the side that encourages pure gawking and can't be sold in other countries. I wanted to see more interviews on the home page promoted for enjoyment, but they always lead to sex conversations save Kayane.

I love Shimbori, I think he's done a better job than expected with media, but he's gotten sucked into answering too many questions pertaining to this because it's what the media wants to use as their casual selling point that they can actually understand in comparison to gameplay. He should have tried commanding the interviews, making the focal point gameplay in his discussions and a lot more would have been understood by people like us and other people from FGC interested in just picking up another 3D fighter.

How on earth could you be a video game journalist and bring that up again when there are so many questionable things going on with the ground game? I enjoyed the openness of Team NINJA, showing us content that hasn't even been finished. BUT when you start showing too much gameplay, and shit doesn't change over time, it raises concerns to any serious fighter if it will be looked into at all.

If the ground game is planned to die, fine... but shouldn't it look more... complete? I don't like doing 1P when my opponent is on the ground and the move goes right through them without them even teching back up and does absolutely nothing. To me that would be a serious flaw and it would reflect in my review as a critic if I was one.

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

How on earth could you be a video game journalist and bring that up again when there are so many questionable things going on with the ground game? I enjoyed the openness of Team NINJA, showing us content that hasn't even been finished. BUT when you start showing too much gameplay, and shit doesn't change over time, it raises concerns to any serious fighter if it will be looked into at all.

@deathofaninja... I'm fucking ashamed of you... are you seriously asking that question? Are you seriously asking that question!? After ALL the shit we've seen from here to now of the incompetence of Gaming Journalists from years ago to even now. The people who literally defends this shit right here:

or this:

And anything from Eventhubs... you immediately don't think that Gaming "Journalists" don't do these types of things because otherwise... they are absolutely fucking terrible at playing video games and wouldn't know how to even scratch their own ass to save their life?
You are really asking that?

Brute

Standard Donor
@deathofaninja... I'm fucking ashamed of you... are you seriously asking that question? Are you seriously asking that question!? After ALL the shit we've seen from here to now of the incompetence of Gaming Journalists from years ago to even now. The people who literally defends this shit right here:

or this:

And anything from Eventhubs... you immediately don't think that Gaming "Journalists" don't do these types of things because otherwise... they are absolutely fucking terrible at playing video games and wouldn't know how to even scratch their own ass to save their life?
You are really asking that?
Could you re-phrase your argument, here? I'm not sure I'm following the exact nature of your critique.

Could you re-phrase your argument, here? I'm not sure I'm following the exact nature of your critique.

Basically, I'm saying why is @deathofaninja not realizing that gaming "journalists" are pure hacks that don't know how to play the games that they critique and expect them to know anything of DOA's mechanics, let alone most fighting game mechanics due to that?
Thus that's why they go for low hanging fruit, because they generally suck at their jobs outside of a rare few.

Jadeinchains

I again forgot to check this thread manually and just realized I haven't been getting alerts from it again...just saw now that there's been 10 new pages, It's always this thread too lol. Anyway I have no clue where all these new gameplay videos are coming from, Especially that one with Raidou and certain cutscenes like the Marie and Helena going over Honoka's file and Kasumi writing, Where is all of this stuff coming from? Is it a leak from a website or something or does TN want it out? What I saw wasn't much in terms of spoilers ( basically everyone for a while now has known Raidou is in ) but still I'd rather see the story/cutscenes when I play through the story myself so I'll be trying to avoid stuff like that from now until release.

Brute

Standard Donor
Basically, I'm saying why is @deathofaninja not realizing that gaming "journalists" are pure hacks that don't know how to play the games that they critique and expect them to know anything of DOA's mechanics, let alone most fighting game mechanics due to that?
Thus that's why they go for low hanging fruit, because they generally suck at their jobs outside of a rare few.
So you're "fucking ashamed" that he posted a rhetorical question that insinuates a similar disdain for mainstream journalism that you also hold?

If your tone was meant to suggest sarcasm or hyperbole and I just didn't pick up on it, my bad. But the choice of language just seemed a bit odd given that you're both criticizing the same guys for doing the same crap.

So you're "fucking ashamed" that he posted a rhetorical question that insinuates a similar disdain for mainstream journalism that you also hold?

If your tone was meant to suggest sarcasm or hyperbole and I just didn't pick up on it, my bad. But the choice of language just seemed a bit odd given that you're both criticizing the same guys for doing the same crap.

It was meant to be sarcasm, not serious, I didn't mean to actually BE offensive. It's just I've seen alot of game journalists be hacks in the years of basically seeing them lose more and more credibility and I was ribbing Ninja on it is all.

Keylay

Another DOA preview. I guess Koei Tecmo flew out some youtubers to play the game. I guess all this footage is from the final build of the game at least that's what they were told. So I wonder why they delayed it. Maybe for a Day 1 patch to fix bugs or net play.

More gameplay footage:

SaihateDYNAMO

Another DOA preview. I guess Koei Tecmo flew out some youtubers to play the game. I guess all this footage is from the final build of the game at least that's what they were told. So I wonder why they delayed it. Maybe for a Day 1 patch to fix bugs or net play.

More gameplay footage:

Lisa DOA5 outfit confirmed! That pink recolor looks way too bright in that stage though =/
Her wrestling outfits seemed to have gotten some really pink, tacky and bright colors this time around, they might as well change her name to Lisa Frank :rolleyes:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD