Team NINJA's Official DOA Series Summary Released

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yeah, @Derock trying to use DOAD to explain story doesn't do well, and is probably the reason they are backing away from it lol.

Leifang and Jann Lee never fought Alpha-152 in DOA4. The scene was just there because they had to fight Alpha-152 at the end of the game mode as a boss character.

There's one golden rule when it comes to the DOA story, and that's that with the exception of DOA1, the tournament cast's story is separate from the Ninjas/DOATEC/MIST story, with little cross overs here and there (DOA5's Hayate/Hitomi scene for example). If you try to keep those stories separated then it makes better sense of some storylines, which ones are canon, and which ones are non-canon. General rule for the DOA2-4 games is if the cutscene happens for both character's storyline then chances are it's canon.

Sotherius

The only important thing to keep note in the whole story is.

Jann Lee Punched a T-rex, and took it down, and that is canon.

Also, To my understanding, the Dead or Alive Dimensions scene is just a fight, Leifang challenged Jann Lee again and lost, and that is her obsession, to prove herself worthy or good enough to beat jann lee because he saved her.

MasterHavik

I like Zack's characterization. It good to see he was more serious even if 5 made him into a joke a little bit. He has a good spot.

Leifang

My concern for Leifang Story, will Jann Lee and she become a couple. Also I will TeamNinja improve the story since it’s going in a more serious note.

NightAntilli

"But in her breast burned only the flames of vengeance"

Couldn't help the chuckle.

Can anyone disagree at this point that the DOA story is a mess? They need some good writers to clean up this mess.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Anyone else think 6 might be a reboot to the story to go along with TN's redefined public image?

By reboot I mean establishing roles and lines in a new narrative with the same characters that's easier to follow and flows better going forward.

Not starting back over from square one and throwing away the wonky but charming events that attached us to the characters in the first place.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Anyone else think 6 might be a reboot to the story to go along with TN's redefined public image?

By reboot I mean establishing roles and lines in a new narrative with the same characters that's easier to follow and flows better going forward.

Not starting back over from square one and throwing away the wonky but charming events that attached us to the characters in the first place.
I don't think it's a reboot but they're likely refining and trying to normalize the personalities of the characters, like how they want Zack to be mature which is ok but I feel it's a bit late to do that XD even the outfit changes, it's a good choice but if they would have did this in 5 and not caved in it wouldn't seem so sudden

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I don't think it's a reboot but they're likely refining and trying to normalize the personalities of the characters, like how they want Zack to be mature which is ok but I feel it's a bit late to do that XD even the outfit changes, it's a good choice but if they would have did this in 5 and not caved in it wouldn't seem so sudden
Well the C1 outfits in 5 were all pretty tame apart from guest characters and DLC so they're on the same track so far especially with the announcement that everyone will have their classic outfits. Hopefully they have some sort of good explanation story wise for the personality changes in whoever they're reworking. Would be a real shame to alter the charm of certain characters just for the sake of their "Cool not Sexy" campaign.

I didn't personally feel there was anything wrong with the way Zack acted, it perfectly matched the trolly nature of his move-set and fighting style if you ask me.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well the C1 outfits in 5 were all pretty tame apart from guest characters and DLC so they're on the same track so far especially with the announcement that everyone will have their classic outfits. Hopefully they have some sort of good explanation story wise for the personality changes in whoever they're reworking. Would be a real shame to alter the charm of certain characters just for the sake of their "Cool not Sexy" campaign.

I didn't personally feel there was anything wrong with the way Zack acted, it perfectly matched the trolly nature of his move-set and fighting style if you ask me.
Yeah Zack has always been loony so it does seem a bit strange to make him more mature but he is 27 so I suppose they just want to make him act his age xD it'll be interesting to see what they do with characters like Tina and Honoka who are already designed for fan service but tbh I don't feel like they'll change, even in serious fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Injustice 2 there's always at least one sexy fan service type girl like Poison Ivy and Mileena who act that way since it's a general part of their character

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Yeah Zack has always been loony so it does seem a bit strange to make him more mature but he is 27 so I suppose they just want to make him act his age xD it'll be interesting to see what they do with characters like Tina and Honoka who are already designed for fan service but tbh I don't feel like they'll change, even in serious fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Injustice 2 there's always at least one sexy fan service type girl like Poison Ivy and Mileena who act that way since it's a general part of their character
Yeah if they really go all in on the Political Tina thing I could see them doing something with her personality but I hope they're careful not to ruin her. She always has been kind of the wild one of all the females and I'm not sure arbitrarily making her more reserved and modest will be well received. Going to have to elaborate on the reasons for that one. Honoka I can't really speak on lmao I don't dislike her but she definitely doesn't even register on my list of top characters in the game.

NightAntilli

Most men don't 'mature' until they have kids or some other form of responsibility. What defines being mature is debatable, but I don't see any reason to change Zack's character. He's simply a fun character. It doesn't necessarily mean it's immature.

Well, at least the story's not as convoluted as Tekken. Just look at how god-awful Tekken 7's storyline was compared to earlier Tekken games (Tekken 1-4). It singlehandedly disrespected the characters fans knew and loved over the years. Also, I'm not even going to get started on the incestuous fanfic trainwreck that was Soul Calibur V either. =P

Derock

Well, at least the story's not as convoluted as Tekken. Just look at how god-awful Tekken 7's storyline was compared to earlier Tekken games (Tekken 1-4). It singlehandedly disrespected the characters fans knew and loved over the years. Also, I'm not even going to get started on the incestuous fanfic trainwreck that was Soul Calibur V either. =P

I agree. I don't know what the hell is going on with Tekken. Around 5, besides certain characters like the Mishimas, King, and Julia, the endings were getting silly. After playing Jin in 5 when I saw his ending, I predicted that it will canon (my reaction was, "Oh boy, it's Tekken 2 all over again"). Lo and behold. Don't get me started with 7. Not only doesn't make sense but it went DBZ at the end. I don't know what's the purpose of the narrator and the Akuma shoe-in to the story, telling me "Okay, now Street Fighter share the universe with Tekken, where's Ryu, Chun-Li, M. Bison and Shadaloo, Gill and the Illuminati?" As a big Tekken fan, I was extremely disappointed. Told my friend this, who's also a big Tekken fan, he liked it, said it was better than SFV's story. SFV's story was much more enjoyable and cohesive than T7's.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I agree. I don't know what the hell is going on with Tekken. Around 5, besides certain characters like the Mishimas, King, and Julia, the endings were getting silly. After playing Jin in 5 when I saw his ending, I predicted that it will canon (my reaction was, "Oh boy, it's Tekken 2 all over again"). Lo and behold. Don't get me started with 7. Not only doesn't make sense but it went DBZ at the end. I don't know what's the purpose of the narrator and the Akuma shoe-in to the story, telling me "Okay, now Street Fighter share the universe with Tekken, where's Ryu, Chun-Li, M. Bison and Shadaloo, Gill and the Illuminati?" As a big Tekken fan, I was extremely disappointed. Told my friend this, who's also a big Tekken fan, he liked it, said it was better than SFV's story. SFV's story was much more enjoyable and cohesive than T7's.
Yeah SFV was what I expect from a Street Fighter story. Bison doing Bison stuff. Shadaloo being incompetent. Chun-Li never winning a fight (Think she won one in SFV's story. Juri being a hot sexy bitch to literally everyone yet somehow likable at the same time. Cammy doing doll stuff. Kanzuki being a badass princess. Gief being Gief. Ryu doing Ryu stuff and then swooping in in the last minute to beat Bison. All there really. Lot of people say its garbage but I mean. What do you want in Street Fighter? They never claimed to be Tolkien or anything lmao

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Decided to highlight the iconic moments from the serie in this video.

If you skip to 6:00 that's imo one of the most iconic scenes, when Helena found out who really killed her mother. Idk why but when Helena finally realizes it was Christie and she just laughs as Helena wretched in horror and misery that kind of made me emotional since I know if that was my mother I would've probably tried to murder Christie:(

Jadeinchains

Decided to highlight the iconic moments from the serie in this video.

tenor.gif

Omg this was so good @KwonJigglypuff!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD