Team NINJA's Official DOA Series Summary Released

Derock

And he did besides Dimension, he always wants to show up and take away the more personal moments from characters, like when she found alpha 152 and was preparing to fight it in DOA4, he shows up out of nowhere and steals her moment. Same in DOA5, when Phase 4 was awakened he was the first ninja do to do anything and while for some reason Kasumi and the others stood there in their stances, HE had to be the first one to run up and fight it, and Kasumi was the last one...

The only thing that Ryu really stole the moment was she was at gunpoint by Helena. Not sure if Kasumi could had handle the "fatal" situation if the trigger was pulled. However, the scene with Alpha-152, he actually didn't steal the moment. He just showed up to provide a bit of info on her genetic-modified "towards looking like a jelly-alien with crazy powers" clone she was about to face.

About the final fight in 5. It made sense the route was made because if Kasumi went first, the whole fight would be mundane and pointless, and possibly make Ryu go last to destroy Alpha-152/Phase 4. We Kasumi fans WILL definitely be pissed off because this will go with the argument true: Ryu dominated in DOA and he stole Kasumi's last thunder of defeating Alpha-152.

Brute

Standard Donor
Personally, I care more about charisma than narrative points. Hayate isn't boring because he's "the weakest of the ninjas." He could be the strongest character in the canon and he'd still be an insufferable brick wall. All I hope to see from DOA6 story-wise is for characters to feel invigorated once again. Remember back in DOA2 when Helena actually had a personality? I'd like to see that, again.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'd like to see the story grow more on the Tournament Characters than the Ninjas/DOATEC side of things. But that could just be because I feel the "Evil Corporation/Being wants to create a super weapon/android/machine to help them take over the world by harnessing the powers of the strongest in their tournament." trope lost its effect back in the 90s.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I'd like to see the story grow more on the Tournament Characters than the Ninjas/DOATEC side of things. But that could just be because I feel the "Evil Corporation/Being wants to create a super weapon/android/machine to help them take over the world by harnessing the powers of the strongest in their tournament." trope lost its effect back in the 90s.
Agreed. I feel like they owe the non-ninja/doatech cast a lot more depth and I feel like it's pretty long overdue.

Derock

Agreed. I feel like they owe the non-ninja/doatech cast a lot more depth and I feel like it's pretty long overdue.

If that's the case, they can expand the trope with the Kasumi clone having ALL of the fighters' moves ala Dural from VF or pull the same situation with Alpha-152/Phase 4 but transformation of all of the DOA fighters.

HHH816

If TN take design inspiration from American comic and film could be that the story mode will be heavily influenced by that.

Maybe The ninjas fought each other at first than they decide to stick together to form avengers to fight OP villain Donovan aka thanos. Helena will provide support and equipment.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
There has been an update applied to the story of Dead or Alive 1 on the official DOA6 website:

After her brother Hayate was almost killed by Raidou, a crazed ninja who had been expelled from the village, Kasumi took over as the eighteenth head of the Mugen Tenshin Clan. But in her breast burned only the flames of vengeance - she longed for revenge on the man who had taken her kind and strong brother from her, and who had stolen the village's greatest treasure.

Knowing that any ninja leaving the village was considered a traitor and would be punished with death, Kasumi nevertheless snuck out in pursuit of her adversary, eventually finding herself at the Dead or Alive fighting tournament.

Under the watchful gaze of her half-sister Ayane, sent to secretly follow her, Kasumi defeated Raidou. But no sooner did she claim victory than a mighty explosion ripped Raidou's body to shreds, leaving Kasumi herself nowhere to be seen...

Following the tournament's conclusion, it was revealed that its main sponsor Fame Douglas had been assassinated. The various participants went their separate ways, as the whole event became shrouded in a veil of mystery and uncertainty.

Speculation: The fact that they now mention Kasumi's tournament victory for DOA1 is good, but the fact they mention Raidou's body exploding so heavily... I think he will be a big influence with DOA6.

Sotherius

I find weird that they phrased as Ayane sent to follow her and not kill her.

I feel that we're getting some major retcons to the story of the series when doa 6 arrives.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I find weird that they phrased as Ayane sent to follow her and not kill her.

I feel that we're getting some major retcons to the story of the series when doa 6 arrives.
I don't think that's the case. Ayane was after Raidou as well as explained in Dimensions, she likely followed Kasumi since if she followed her, Kasumi would lead her right to Raidou and she would be be able to kill Kasumi and avenge Hayate in one fail swoop. That failed tho since Kasumi beat Ayane in the DOA1 tournament tho since Kasumi is stronger than Kasumi is which isn't a surprise tbh xD

NightAntilli

There has been an update applied to the story of Dead or Alive 1 on the official DOA6 website:

After her brother Hayate was almost killed by Raidou, a crazed ninja who had been expelled from the village, Kasumi took over as the eighteenth head of the Mugen Tenshin Clan. But in her breast burned only the flames of vengeance - she longed for revenge on the man who had taken her kind and strong brother from her, and who had stolen the village's greatest treasure.

Knowing that any ninja leaving the village was considered a traitor and would be punished with death, Kasumi nevertheless snuck out in pursuit of her adversary, eventually finding herself at the Dead or Alive fighting tournament.

Under the watchful gaze of her half-sister Ayane, sent to secretly follow her, Kasumi defeated Raidou. But no sooner did she claim victory than a mighty explosion ripped Raidou's body to shreds, leaving Kasumi herself nowhere to be seen...

Following the tournament's conclusion, it was revealed that its main sponsor Fame Douglas had been assassinated. The various participants went their separate ways, as the whole event became shrouded in a veil of mystery and uncertainty.

Speculation: The fact that they now mention Kasumi's tournament victory for DOA1 is good, but the fact they mention Raidou's body exploding so heavily... I think he will be a big influence with DOA6.
They should seriously change that. At least to chest.

My memory is foggy. What was this 'explosion' that ripped Raidou apart?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They should seriously change that. At least to chest.

My memory is foggy. What was this 'explosion' that ripped Raidou apart?
The Torn Sky Blast. When Kasumi had gotten the better of Raidou in Dimensions in the danger zone stage, he started summoning his stolen Torn Sky Blast and Kasumi did hers too but his was stronger and Kasumi was gonna lose, but Ryu iirc threw a kunai at Raidou and that weakened him so Kasumi was able to overpower him and kill him with her Torn Sky Blast. The blast is pretty much what ripped him apart. XD That and the explosions and such that started to happen in the danger zone before Kasumi was kidnapped also likely damaged him as well

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
They added that he was ripped to shreds so they could better explain his half-cyborg-amnesia'd-body.

Also, I still call bs on the retcon that she couldn't have beaten him without Ryu's help.

NightAntilli

Here's an idea Team Ninja.

Reboot the goddamn game for next gen and fix the story from the beginning. It's too messy right now. And don't 'dimension' it.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Here's an idea Team Ninja.

Reboot the goddamn game for next gen and fix the story from the beginning. It's too messy right now. And don't 'dimension' it.
Not happening. There is such a thing as "In too deep" when it comes to video game story lines sometimes. Just look at Street Fighter. The story mode in V felt like a rushed blitz to shoehorn every character into as many "Hawhawhaw that's ____ for you" scenes as possible.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD