Tecmo Koei aiming to sell a million copies of DoA 5 in Sept., paid DLC confirmed

DrDogg

I can see the paid DLC. I'd be surprised if additional costumes aren't available for paid DLC soon after launch.

DOA5 is capable of selling 1 million copies, but I don't think that will happen if they keep the current release date. Releasing after VF5 and potentially the same day as TTT2 is not a winning formula for selling 1 million copies.

RoboJoe

I could have sworn that Hayashi claimed in a interview that he would never put paid DLC into DOA.

KwonJigglypuff

I could have sworn that Hayashi claimed in a interview that he would never put paid DLC into DOA.
That's what I thought too. I'm sure they said that. Maybe it's a mistranslation, maybe only "DLC" (free not paid) are confirmed in DOA. The future will tell us.

ScattereDreams

They're not promoting the game very well for the million dollar ticket. But i'll keep my hopes up that DOA5 does do well and play well.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
well..
if theres gonns be some boss DLC then i want some VF characters as well
wolf and kage would make this game perfect >__>

synce

I've been saying it, prepare to have your ass and your mother's ass raped with DLC. I'll bet anything Ein is DLC, along with all the revealing outfits for the girls. They know exactly the kind of people most vulnerable to this kind of exploitation.

DR2K

I can see the paid DLC. I'd be surprised if additional costumes aren't available for paid DLC soon after launch.

DOA5 is capable of selling 1 million copies, but I don't think that will happen if they keep the current release date. Releasing after VF5 and potentially the same day as TTT2 is not a winning formula for selling 1 million copies.

I don't really see VF as much of a threat.The game will be be lucky to be downloaded 50k.

Tekken and DOA releasing close to eachother does neither company any favors. I could see DOA selling more on Xbox and Tekken more on PS3.

DLC. . . I really hate it, but all I'll be playing on my PS3 is DOA5 so i'll be buying all the DLCs. . . I guess.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
well ... heres the thing ... if they give us a decent share of unlockable content... then i would gladly get the dlc as well cuz that would just be icing on the cake..

i liked that you had to EARN stuff in doa3 n 4 (3 more than 4 in a sense ,, with the restricted rules and stuff) .. but still it gave single player a cooler reason to play ... personally i dont give a shit about achievements .. and i feel like they are a half assed excuse for a reward...

so yeah i would gladly get the dlc if it keeps my game fresh and fun ..

im surprized why more fighting games dont consider something like challenge modes as dlc with a reward in the end (a costume maybe ) ... like how marvel had their ghost battle modes .. the idea was cool i think (if there was a reward in the end )

RoboJoe

I admit, I like unlocking stuff in fighting games, but only if I don't know it exists. Without the surprise, it feels more like work. These days, surprising me is hard unless I bought the game without any research and with the state of video games today, I always do my research before buying any game.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
There will be unlockable content. Probably every character starts with two costumes and unlocks the other two (four confirmed, right?). Likely a stage or two will unlock through story progression. A gallery will be in there somewhere, too. I don't see anything else being unlockable in a DoA title, but I'm a fan of being pleasantly surprised.

Echo01

Hmm, I think TN may be overestimating a little here. Don't get me wrong, of course I want the game to sell well so that TN will continue to support the game/franchise, but DoA5 is being launched not only at the same time as TTT2, but also at a time when the FG market is quickly approaching over-saturation. Then again, I think DoA has a particular appeal to the casual market that other FGs necessarily don't. We'll see I guess, but TN need to start promoting the game, hopefully we'll see more DoA content during and consistently after E3.

MrMoon360

NG3 had one weapon.

...... just saying

Lol
They're trying to correct the error which had been blatantly seared into the game during development.

I tried to do a "stealth kill" with the scythe and it immediately spawns the katana before the animation is executed. When you take off QTE/Tutorials, the game just gets awkward when you enter a cutscene; which are profuse throughout the game.
The game is pretty much just one 8-hour, interactive movie.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
IMMEDIATELY CEASE ALL TALK OF THE PRETENDER GAME, "NINJA GAIDEN 3."

It was all a cruel fucking joke and the real game is going to come out next generation after they're all done laughing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD