Tekken

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Is there any way to go back to Beginner level offline. Treasure battle's becoming a hassle. Changing difficulty doesn't seem to do anything.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Is there any way to go back to Beginner level offline. Treasure battle's becoming a hassle. Changing difficulty doesn't seem to do anything.

Here's those lili AI exploit combos I forgot to upload. First one is for walled stages, as soon as you get the opponent on the wall, do her Lakspur wall throw and it'll set it up so you can get guaranteed down+3(Thorn whip) since the AI will try to tech up everytime, but you must be directly in front of the walls, if it's on the sides they'll have a chance of getting up fast enough which can cost you your perfect

The second one is for endless stages, just do Capricorn kick, 1,2 and then bloody masquerade piton(down+2,2,3) and then do ff+3,3+4 and you'll get a guaranteed freescia thrush(db3+4). After that wait the opponent out and watch for lows and then repeat it and it should only take 3 uses of that set up to win with a perfect but this one is a bit more risky

Radiance

Returned to my Tekken roots. Made Lili my main; haven't made her my main since she first came out in DR, and Eddy's my sub. Love both these characters bullshit play styles. They excel at conditioning and parlor tricks. Lili probably has the best side step, while Eddy is really good at creating space. Made it to vindicator last night on PSN. Players definitely are stronger as you move up the ranks.

BTW: Got the game on steam, feels better, but the online doesn't seem to be as lively. Then again, I haven't played on steam as much as on PSN. Will be streaming today if anyone wants to tune in
https://www.twitch.tv/psychosoldierz

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Here's those lili AI exploit combos I forgot to upload. First one is for walled stages, as soon as you get the opponent on the wall, do her Lakspur wall throw and it'll set it up so you can get guaranteed down+3(Thorn whip) since the AI will try to tech up everytime, but you must be directly in front of the walls, if it's on the sides they'll have a chance of getting up fast enough which can cost you your perfect

The second one is for endless stages, just do Capricorn kick, 1,2 and then bloody masquerade piton(down+2,2,3) and then do ff+3,3+4 and you'll get a guaranteed freescia thrush(db3+4). After that wait the opponent out and watch for lows and then repeat it and it should only take 3 uses of that set up to win with a perfect but this one is a bit more risky
I'm really sorry but that's just far too much. I'll try and remember as much as I can but that really is too much to remember it's like maths class with all those numbers tbh. Thanks for helping though. I'll try the low thing if I knock them down with Lili's forward kick though the one where she like cartwheels twice don't remember the buttons though

UpSideDownGRUNT

Its still dumb to me that the Tekken community uses numbers as the buttons.

It just makes things confusing and hard to explain. E.g. f+1+2 as opposed to 6 LP+RP, which is more easier to read and understand?

The game itself even uses LP, RP, LK and RK as opposed to 1, 2, 3 and 4

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Yeah I'm new to tekken so this is like 'what' i'll get used to it though. i like spamming katarina's low-medium kicks and her 3+3+3+3 that usually works in treasure mode but i'm getting sick of playing as her lol.

Banana56

Geese looks really cool

Kasumi has gotten a lot of request. I hope she still gets added, despite how much that troll spams her and Ayane on Harada's Twitter

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Geese Howard is fucking amazing. I get goosebumps and vibes whenever I hear his themes. One of the best themes in SNK period.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
The irrational hatred of 2D characters on Tekkenzaibatsu (and here to a degree) is hilarious!

And, to make another note. I am going to set up a spoiler. This spoiler contains information about Geese Howard and what we know about him in Tekken 7

Greetings all Tekkenzaibatsu member, fellow players and guests,

As of July 16th 2017 during the Tekken 7 fighting game tournament in EVO2017, one of the biggest villains of the Fatal Fury (and King of Fighters) series made his way into the Tekken 7 video game.

A brief history lesson on Geese Howard:

Geese Howard is the main antagonist of the Fatal Fury series. From a certain point of view, he is the one character who started the whole "extremely difficult boss character" subject in fighting games. This is also known as the SNK Boss Syndrome where boss are significantly stronger than any character the player is utilizing at the time. Many noteworthy fighting games followed through with this sort of design.

In terms of story, Geese grew up in the infamous Southtown as a poor child living with his mother whom would eventually die of malnutrition despite his efforts in trying to help her. He would try to track his father down (whose name was Rudolph Krauser Von Stroheim) to kill him for what happened to his mother. However, Geese had a half-brother known as Wolfgang Krauser. Krauser defeated Geese while he was still young.

Geese apparently tried to practice a religion after the fact but he eventually gave into his rage at his loss so he begins trying to gain power. Monetary power and... physical power. This is where his ascension to such powers begins. Southtown is a place known for having a large group of insane martial artists. Geese had to learn how to fight in order to defend himself. And, eventually own the town.

He goes to a school to learn martial arts. He learned from many martial artists in the past, though he specifically practiced under the Hakkyokuseiken from Tung Fu Re (whom is playable on KOFXIV as of now). Geese's fighting style would be centered around Aikido, though he wished for more strike-based moves, hence why he studied from other types of martial artists as well to emphasize of such abilities. Geese had an extreme talent for martial arts. Too extreme. To the point where he would eventually be comparable to that of a demon. A monster. While he trains in his martial arts, he starts trying to make something out of himself in the crime world, doing little jobs here and there for the local crime boss in Southtown. Tung Fu Re eventually caught on to this and refused to teach him the secret arts of his fighting style, giving them to Jeff Bogard, the adoptive father of Geese's future arch-nemesis Terry Bogard, as well as Andy Bogard. This did not sit well with Geese at all. Shortly afterward, he leaves the school of martial arts, to build up his fighting abilities and his criminal operations to even further heights.

Mr. Big. Another noteworthy boss from the AOF series and now a former kingpin of Southtown was taken down by Geese Howard. Geese would then use his monetary legacy to construct the Geese Tower and then create a company known as the Howard Connection. On the surface, it simply poses as a benevolent organization designed to make Southtown a better place. In reality, it has ties with the mafia and several other criminal organizations. The criminal activities are specifically highlighted for protection rackets, periodically dealing arms, and political corruption. Geese would own Southtown.

He manipulates certain events such as the story driven in the AOF series. He chronologically shows up in AOF2 where Ryo would fight him for the first time. His main purpose at this time was to increase his influence in Southtown and defend his turf against other criminal groups, while also posing as a police commissioner (how a 20-something year old Geese Howard can be a police commissioner is beyond me, considering the regulations and standards one has to go by in order to achieve that position under normal circumstance). In the events of Fatal Fury, he organizes the King of Fighters tournament (which later became a brand of its own obviously with other character periodically taking control of the tournament).

One fateful day, Jeff Bogard would pose a legitimate threat to his operations. Geese proceeds to kill Jeff Bogard (or in some sources, set Jeff Bogard up to be killed by Mr. Karate somehow). Geese kills Jeff in combat, with very little effort, further emphasizing on the amount of strength that Geese has gained over the years. Terry and Andy would witness the murder of their adoptive father. This is the point where Terry would swear vengeance against Geese.
Many years pass. In the events of FF, Geese assigns Billy Kane (another mid-boss) as its champion. The tournament would be used for helping Geese add more strong fighters into his group or to snuff out potential threats, trapping them so to speak. However, Terry shows up and begins making waves in the tournament, winning match after match. Eventually, Terry defeats Billy Kane alongside his battle buddies, Joe and Andy. Reportedly, Andy tried to defeat Geese Howard, on for the latter to brutally beat Andy to a pulp, despite his best effort. Terry then shows up at the Geese Toward for a fateful battle. Once again, Geese Howard puts Terry at a disadvantage, practically killing Terry. However... something was bothering Geese. Geese shut Terry down multiple times in their match but he still kept getting back up. It turns out that Terry actually enjoyed fighting. A good brawl. Geese is eventually caught off guard and is sent flying down from his tower by a jumping kick.

Geese was assumed dead. He is absent in the events of FF2. But, by FF2 (and KOF96), Geese is actually alive and he is apparently going to become a recurring villain, proceeding to haunt Terry and his friends anyway he can in both the FF2 series and in the KOF series. Geese manages to build up his strength to further heights, learning more lethal techniques along the way. He reappears in many titles such as Fatal Fury 3, Fatal Fury Special, and in the KOF series (often in Dream Matches). Strangely, the only canonical KOF games where he has been playable was in KOF96 and (very recently) in KOFXIV. In Fatal Fury Special, Geese hears about the Jin Scrolls which would grant immortality. He searches for them and he eventually gets a hold of them in the game, defeating a series of individuals who got in his way. Upon doing so, he announces the King of Fighters tournament once again in order to draw out Terry. They both fight again in the Geese Tower. This time despite nearly killing Terry and having advantage over him, he still loses due to his own wounds overcoming him during their face off. Geese was about to fall off after being overwhelmed by Terry's Power Geyser. Terry catches Geese's hand. Geese simply smiles and lets go, presumably killing himself and personally scarring Terry's morality (Terry is not thrilled with the idea of outright killing individuals. He simply loves to fight). Geese assumed dead in the Fatal Fury series. In the KOF series, he is alive and he becomes a recurring villain throughout the series and is usually manipulating events in the background if he is not fighting.

Personality-wise, Geese is a self-made man who puts value on power and his fighting capabilities. While he is arrogant, nowadays he usually does not underestimate his opponents, especially after his first encounter with Terry. Much like Gouki, he carries a code of honor and there are some lines that he will simply not cross. He also seems to have a thing for the Japanese culture. He appears to be rather distant from his own family, earning the ire of his son Rock Howard. Interesting, compared to Heihachi, Geese is guilty of negligence rather than outright abuse. He still retains some degree of respect for his former master Tung. Geese's purpose is to retain his power and then spread his influence across Southtown. He also intends on usurping whatever power he can get his hands on in order to build up his image and his strength. He puts a lot of time and effort in his personal training, even going as far as to multiple lightning (and recently, giant tornado-like ki blasts from his Raging Storm, based on KOFXIV) and perform other amazing feats.

And to clear up any confusion before I get around to the Tekken 7 game play parts of the Geese Howard discussion:

The AOF series happens before the FF series. This is well known.
The "King of Fighters" goes by 'comic-book' time which means the "AOF and FF" time in THAT continuity happened recently and took place in a much shorter period of time. This is not according to me. This is how SNK has been doing things. In the AOF and Fatal Fury continuity, Geese is actually dead.
In the KOF timeline, Geese is alive (in Maximum Impact series, he is dead again and that is a different continuity by itself). As of now Geese is either periodically entering tournaments to intimidate/kill his enemies and take whatever power that he can get his hands on (though, he also tends to enter tournaments out of curiosity of certain subjects, such as the Orochi power. He grew disinterested in it because of what it did to Iori Yagami and a handful of other characters). In KOFXIV, Geese is busy trying to figure out the meaning behind the scrolls he had gotten from much earlier in the series and hopefully rematch against Terry and his other enemies.

Tekken 7.

Geese is a character known for his absurd boss character status, his lethal fighting abilities involving the use of counter attacks and nasty striking moves, his "Engrish", and his general charismatic behavior in his own series.

What we have seen:

Geese shows up at Heihachi's temple and proceeds to ridicule him about his conquest for power. Heihachi does not take this very well and proceeds to challenge Geese. Geese simply further taunts him as he reveals himself...

0:58 = Geese's 2D from KOF. Rightfully, he cancel it into 236+A (The A version of his Repuuken).
Though, Geese's 2D is normally a sweep that is whiff cancellable. This time it seems to cause a regular hit stun state.

1:00 = Geese has a jumping mechanic. This also means he can access Shippuken. Shippuken still propels him back on use. This can be rendered unsafe. In some games, Geese simply travels down after using Shippuken.

1:04 = Geese's 1 grab is his frontal throw from KOFXIV.

1:05 = Geese used his jumping C on Devil Jin and then performed juggle from what looks like his stand C from KOF and his 6B (one of my favorite moves).

Double Repuuken may not combo from certain distances.

1:17: Geese has his Fudo-Ken from KOFXIV, which is relatively new move.
Let me explain this: A Fudo-Ken in KOF is just Geese performing a palm strike.
The C version (or heavy-punch version) will have slightly slower start but with better range and damage will also have three possible follow ups which are either a double palm strike, an overhead stomping move or a nasty sweep. All of these are designed to be used to finish combos. None of the follow ups are safe on block in KOF, so they are more than likely not to be safe in Tekken either.

1:25 = Geese has his OTG throw. Immediately, after that he does his back throw from KOF against Shaheen.

And, of course... he has his counters.

1:51 = AND, HE HAS JEAI KEN. I miss that move so much! That was my favorite combo ender from KOF98UM. Apparently causes wall splat + wall break.

Geese's roundhouse kick (which is his standing D from KOF) has S! properties.

Geese has his 6A, his overhead spread-eagle attack, which cancels into his Fudo-Ken (his 214+C, 6+P]:

Has Max Mode, which is a mechanic that belongs to KOF. This gives him access to EX moves. The Max Mode apparently works that same as it did in KOFXIV.

Jaei Ken has armored properties.

Geese's roundhouse may cause S! on CH.

Geese can also "Max Cancel" just 2:11 like he can on the KOF games, canceling a normal into Max Mode which should trigger his forward dash automatically for the player to continue his combo from a normal.

2:18 - Geese's Rage Art is based on one of his moves from Real Bout and from KOF98UM in his EX version. Strangely, this seems to be "hit" move rather than a command grab. Because in KOF98UM, it was a command grab.

This is all the information we have so far.

The purpose of this thread discussion is for curious players to speak on Geese's potential and post gameplay information on the said character here. Please, enjoy yourselves.

TDLR I like this character. A lot. Hence, he is one of my favorite KOF (FF) characters in the same vain as Mai is when she came to DOA.

KOF (FF) characters RULE!

Radiance

Hatred? No need for exaggeration; I just have a distaste for them. Akuma has clunky animations and stiff movement when compared the rest of the Tekken cast. He's so stiff even when i'm playing him offline I still feel like my movement is that of a 2 bar connection. Eliza is sort of the same. Her moves/animations are more fluid like the rest of the cast, but she still has the restricting movement which deterred me from playing her. I like the characters, but as a Tekken player, if I can't create space because the character has shitty movement, I don't like the character. From the looks of the trailer, Geese is going to have that same clunky feel. Should have just given us legacy characters if they're not going to make the guest characters feel like they belong.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah that's why I don't use Akuma, when I can play online again I can see myself just using his hadouken every once in a blue moon. Same with Eliza, she's a very good character but she has very god awful backlash and her cancels into attacks don't seem as fluid as say Mai in DOA who I feel comfortable using

Legacy characters are gonna happen soon too but the good thing is that they'll likely charge nothing for them. All I want is Anna, a simple but easy to use original/guest character and more custom items and costumes and stages. And they also need to improve customization mode too, which I feel they'll do in time, Murray and Harada seem to be quite attentive to what fans have to say bar those annoying ones who spam and spam character requests... someone I follow does that for Anna, even more annoying than this other guy I follow who rages nearly everyday and complains about being demoted and then being promoted and the cycle repeats

DontForkWitMe

Not a fan of yet another guest character being from a different fighter especially one from a 2d fighter, shits getting old. hopefully the 2nd guest character is more exciting and not from another fighting series. I want something like kratos in mk9, link in SC2, or Snake in smash bros brawl.

At least the new stage looks dope as fuck, like a far better looking and more detailed azuchi

Nikotsumi

Geese Howard, wow really? It's cool I guess, even if I'm indifferent towards him and would have preferred his son. Rock > Geese.

The stage looks nice.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Geese Howard, wow really? It's cool I guess, even if I'm indifferent towards him and would have preferred his son. Rock > Geese.

The stage looks nice.
YESSSSSSSS! Someone who agrees, I wanted rock in too XD I can't complain tho, I'll try him out even tho I would've had a field day with rock, I enjoy him in KOF14 and felt he would've been perfect in Tekken

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
hopefully the 2nd guest character is more exciting and not from another fighting series. I want something like kratos in mk9, link in SC2, or Snake in smash bros brawl.

Agreed but this goes into the cross console problem territory. You can't really have Kratos on Xbox (MK9) or Link on PS (SC2) I totally didn't read that entire sentence and immediately jumped to those comparisons as well. My bad.

Geese looks really good aesthetically. AND HIS VOICE IS AWESOME. His American accent has greatly improved since KOFXIV. Stage looks fantastic as well.
If the other guest is from another fighter it's that much higher of a chance being from DOA btw. Harada did say he was interested in working with TN.

I just realized Tom Lee directly hinted to me there was a 2D fighting character coming to DOA when we talked at NEC 2015. My mind works in brilliant ways after the fact. What else has he told me...?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD