Tekken

petopia

I find high level VF way more fun to play than any Tekken (maybe except DR), but one game is dead and the other isn't so I think it's irrelevant. Shame, VF could have been the greatest competitive 3D fighter.
I dont think you've seen Korean tekken or tekken crash in ur life then.

Radiance

I dont think you've seen Korean tekken or tekken crash in ur life then.

I have seen it, very entertaining to watch but i still love watching Japanese players play VF5FS way more. If I had to give up one, it would be tekken crash. Not going to argue which is better because thats irrelevant, but my personal preferences prefer VF

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Also, Noctis' d/b+1+2 resembles a Seigfried move (1A+B notation?). Actually a lot of his "heavy sword" moves looks like they could've come from Nightmare or Seigfried.

And yeah VF is miles better than Tekken, though of course the more mainstream fighter gets played more.

Radiance

They gave him a nerfed version of Lars u/f+3. Will still crush lows but not highs.

Heres a few of my vids.

Up close Noctis can do some generic jab into d/f+1 pressure. Not sure how fast his d/f+1 is. Mid range you can probably throw out almost anything neutral 2 is really good, d/f+3,2 has really good recovery and not too disadvangted. He has alot of pokes with follow ups so you can counterhit fish. I use d/b+1 for oki. Long range just whiff punish or pressure with f,f,f1+2 which is guard break plus on block but can be easily stepped or f,f1+2 which is a tracking mid

This is a really fun flashy character

Shirataki Tsume

They gave him a nerfed version of Lars u/f+3. Will still crush lows but not highs.

Heres a few of my vids.

Up close Noctis can do some generic jab into d/f+1 pressure. Not sure how fast his d/f+1 is. Mid range you can probably throw out almost anything neutral 2 is really good, d/f+3,2 has really good recovery and not too disadvangted. He has alot of pokes with follow ups so you can counterhit fish. I use d/b+1 for oki. Long range just whiff punish or pressure with f,f,f1+2 which is guard break plus on block but can be easily stepped or f,f1+2 which is a tracking mid

Maybe because Noctis's u/f+3 is faster, like hopkick fast?

Majority of d/f+1 moves are 13 frames, but you can see how fast it is by trying to use that move to punish a move that is vulnerable by its number of frames. If Noctis's d/f+1 can punish a -13 move but cannot punish a -12 move, then that must be 13 frames. Tekken's practice mode having no frame data just sucks sometimes, and some of the frame data found in the website are not totally accurate.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor

Heres a few of my vids.

Is it not i13? I've been going by this:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OUn8UJwGSMRGqTnyZVoN03itWJPsCUj6W1aPMVuB2Lk/edit#gid=0

(Really wish Namco would just insert the frame data into Tekken 7. FFS it's 2018 now).

Great stuff in those matches. Love Noctis' range and footsies.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Tekken's soundtrack is amazing though. Mishima Dojo round 1, Violet System round 1 when it's about to hit the 50 second mark, and Infinite Azure round 1. Even Geese has a Tekken remix that's super metal with a heavy build up.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Yeah Violet Systems stage one is too dope! My favourite track is actually Brimstone and Fire stage one. Such an epic background music! But yeah, the Howard Estate Tekken remix is arguably one of the best songs in the game. Perfect for an epic character like Geese. Noctis' "Stand your Ground" also fits in nicely with the game and adds a nice flair to the soundtrack.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Violet Systems (Version 1)
Mishima Dojo (Version 1 and Final Round)
Mishima Building (Version 1 and Final Round)
G Corp Helipad Morning (Version 1)
House of Hachiyou
I'm Here Now Remix
Hatred
Geese Theme Remix

T..J. Bernard

Jungle outpost (Rd 1 & final round)
Infinite Azure
Heat Haze Shadow (Rd 1 & final round)
Brimstone & Fire (Rd 1 & Final round)
Mishima Dojo
Devil Kazumi theme
Dragon's Nest (Final Round)

And I know there's some other good themes. However, TT1 always has the best music: Jin, Paul, Yoshimitsu, Ogre, Hwoarang, Ling, King, Eddy, Law, Piano Intro, Character Select, etc....

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD