Tekken

Radiance

More Noctis footage; really getting the hang of him. Too bad he's not an actual Tekken character, his playstyle is really fun and fits well into the game.

petopia

I'm just kidding. I know how to play Eddy properly. Actually, I know how to use almost every character in the game.
Like drag running 2s, kazuyas pewgf, violets acid rain, hwaorangs if skyrocket, jacks blue spark, Lee's bb112 string, Pauls just frame demo man, ninas iws1 carry, josies ws 21 for a combo carry, Bryans taunt shit, I can go on for ever baby.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Like drag running 2s, kazuyas pewgf, violets acid rain, hwaorangs if skyrocket, jacks blue spark, Lee's bb112 string, Pauls just frame demo man, ninas iws1 carry, josies ws 21 for a combo carry, Bryans taunt shit, I can go on for ever baby.
The hardest thing on this list is iWS1s for Nina. And they've become obsolete in Tekken 7 as she has better shit to use. I think Bryan's taunt stuff (bar TJU) is easier to do than iWS1s. Her iWSs are weirder to do than everyone else's for me

Shirataki Tsume

Eh? I've played Tekken for more than a decade; I know almost every move for all characters and their uses and gimmicks, not just those.
I forgot about scvi when i found out garbage mechanics like run counters, reverse rage and reversal rage exist.
What? There's only one.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

No because Harada is stubborn and won't even add frame data because "it'll drive away casual fans" or something.

They TRIED a tutorial in Tag 2 but it literally only teaches you how to move and attack and stuff and in the most gimmicky way possible. Basically, don't get your hopes up.

Shirataki Tsume

Is there any chance that they add a tutorial mode similar to DOA 5 to this game ?
I don't think so... I grew up learning Tekken without a tutorial at all. I just learned it by instinct, trial and error, and watching high level players play the game. They have a tutorial mode in Tekken Tag 2, but it's just basics with extra comical stuff. You might learn some, but you won't learn everything. You can look up on YouTube.

XxNoriakixX

Is Harada the co producer? I only see and read things about the main guy. I don't feel like supporting Harada anymore. He and his little puppet Murray are actively fighting against the community and don't want to listen to us. They produce ~2-3 patches and move on. Oh and they put things into their games noone wants like the mentioned new counter and reversal mechanics and armour moves. Also how can you find Bryan's taunt>ju easy? I can do the rest but that one never wanted to work for me lol

Radiance

When you say patches what do you mean? Hopefully not balance patches because Tekken never does balance patches and frankly, it's a game that doesn't need them. I always thought the roster was pretty fair and in Tekken, any character can win if you put in the work. There are things I would like to see in game (frame data and a proper record/play back function), and some things I hate ( I think Rage arts ruins it for me. I despise come back mechanics, especially ones that can give a significant lead and requires no skill. Would have been happy with just rage drives).

Tekken has always been like that. They patch things like glitches, bugs, and netcode but rarely touch balancing. I wish they and other devs stop putting in dumb ass come back mechanics.

Shirataki Tsume

When you say patches what do you mean? Hopefully not balance patches because Tekken never does balance patches and frankly, it's a game that doesn't need them. I always thought the roster was pretty fair and in Tekken, any character can win if you put in the work. There are things I would like to see in game (frame data and a proper record/play back function), and some things I hate ( I think Rage arts ruins it for me. I despise come back mechanics, especially ones that can give a significant lead and requires no skill. Would have been happy with just rage drives).

Tekken has always been like that. They patch things like glitches, bugs, and netcode but rarely touch balancing. I wish they and other devs stop putting in dumb ass come back mechanics.
Apparently, Tekken 7 is the first Tekken game where they actually put balance patches. They gave a balance patch once after the game's release on console and multiple times during the arcade. Even after how many patches they gave, they still couldn't fix that wall glitch that I usually see when a character hits the wall sideways.

I'm kinda fine with the comeback mechanics, but my biggest gripe with Rage Arts is how unappealing they are compared to other super moves from other fighting games. DOA5's Power Blows and Soul Calibur's Critical Edge look a lot better in comparison.

I just hope in Tekken 8 they'll bring back the legacy mechanics the way they used to be. Make 1+3 throws escapable by 1 and make 2+4 throws escapable by 2 again. And yeah, improve the movement. It doesn't have to be like Tekken 5's movement, but at least make it like Tekken 6. Tekken 6's movement was pretty fine even thought it felt kinda stiff. If they had to dumb down some stuns in the game, fine with me. They made the "sit down" hit property easy to get out of that you no longer need to tech roll to avoid a following attack because you can already block if you don't tech roll.

Shirataki Tsume

I miss playing Tekken 4... Even though this game had a lot of flaws like the crazy wall system, severely unbalanced characters, and the glitches, the overall design of this game was great. The stages had realistic design in them, and Tekken Force in this game was the best. It's well executed compared to Tekken 3's Tekken Force IMO.

petopia

Apparently, Tekken 7 is the first Tekken game where they actually put balance patches. They gave a balance patch once after the game's release on console and multiple times during the arcade. Even after how many patches they gave, they still couldn't fix that wall glitch that I usually see when a character hits the wall sideways.

I'm kinda fine with the comeback mechanics, but my biggest gripe with Rage Arts is how unappealing they are compared to other super moves from other fighting games. DOA5's Power Blows and Soul Calibur's Critical Edge look a lot better in comparison.

I just hope in Tekken 8 they'll bring back the legacy mechanics the way they used to be. Make 1+3 throws escapable by 1 and make 2+4 throws escapable by 2 again. And yeah, improve the movement. It doesn't have to be like Tekken 5's movement, but at least make it like Tekken 6. Tekken 6's movement was pretty fine even thought it felt kinda stiff. If they had to dumb down some stuns in the game, fine with me. They made the "sit down" hit property easy to get out of that you no longer need to tech roll to avoid a following attack because you can already block if you don't tech roll.
Power blows are trash in comparison since they gave the worst 2nd option which is power launchers, I'll keep my rage arts and rage drives thank you

Eh? I've played Tekken for more than a decade; I know almost every move for all characters and their uses and gimmicks, not just those.

What? There's only one.
More than a decade huh, you a maxipad player or stick user.

Last edited by a moderator:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So in regards to the added content the last few months, I did not like Geese much, although his stage is good. Noctis I was shocked and frankly delighted to see added in Tekken but he was BADLY ported, his hair looks terrible and his skin is always in a state of looking greasy and depressing. I tried him but his style isn't my thing, so I just use only Lili and Claudio as per usual, I dropped Katarina since she's not all that besides the exposed thong and stuff.

Tekken needs to get their shit together and hurry up and the new arm Ki, Christmas swimwear, and the Summer Lesson shit so I can have more things to dress lili in, its frankly unbecoming that arcade gets all that but we have to wait... Maybe in June we'll get season two content. Also they need to hurry up and add Anna NOW, Lili is becoming too limited and you have to work really hard to win with her while with Anna its more straightforward. Claudio is very situational so he doesn't make up for Lili's flaws at all and he's pretty limited too

This is me in June if Anna is not announced:

609y7Jh.jpg

Not really since I don't shoot people but I just love the gif I made xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD