Tekken

dg1995

They look so badass! Harada is my favorite game developer, I like how unbothered and angry he looks all the time with those glasses xD also they been knew each other tho, they been rivals for years before but Itagaki doesn't really have a game to contend with Tekken tho unfortunately since DOA is yiped from him
I think he himself abandoned Tecmo(And DOA and NG) and went to make his own studio.

Princess Kasumi

Guess who harada has met recently ?
DkT1s79UYAAffR-.jpg
Lol Itagaki.

He used to say that Tekken is the worst franchise that he has ever played.

too bad that his latest game(Devil's third) failed. I'm not sure that he makes anymore console game.

dg1995

prototypetom

Finished the plat yesterday, so i'll probably dig back into DOALR (and other games) till SC.

I really turned around on the game. It did feel so much like a return to the Tekken I loved back in the day (before the day). I'm not very good at adapting quickly so it did feel clunky for a while, but the more rhythmic and juggly thing shone pretty strong after a while. Online was just as bad as i feared, if not worse for the first 10 matches or so (me being quite crap) - although the platform generally worked well... apart from drop-outs in ranked and tournaments when i was managing to win, wtf is that about?!? It feels to me like there's an even bigger chasm between real people and ai than in DOA. I think because DOA's system is more fluid, so i concern myself a little bit more with what I'm trying to do in DOA, but Tekken wants to be approached more defensively? or reactively? I dunno, beginner tier, so I might be talking rot.

I'll come back to it for a bit when Anna gets released,she was a go to after they spoiled what i liked about Jack after T2!

Good distraction! I'm going to read up later on how it was received by the real players later.

Had no time for the more stupid customisation though - way to make your game look like a joke! One minute you're trying to kill your kids, the next you've cake on your head. :confused:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Finished the plat yesterday, so i'll probably dig back into DOALR (and other games) till SC.

I really turned around on the game. It did feel so much like a return to the Tekken I loved back in the day (before the day). I'm not very good at adapting quickly so it did feel clunky for a while, but the more rhythmic and juggly thing shone pretty strong after a while. Online was just as bad as i feared, if not worse for the first 10 matches or so (me being quite crap) - although the platform generally worked well... apart from drop-outs in ranked and tournaments when i was managing to win, wtf is that about?!? It feels to me like there's an even bigger chasm between real people and ai than in DOA. I think because DOA's system is more fluid, so i concern myself a little bit more with what I'm trying to do in DOA, but Tekken wants to be approached more defensively? or reactively? I dunno, beginner tier, so I might be talking rot.

I'll come back to it for a bit when Anna gets released,she was a go to after they spoiled what i liked about Jack after T2!

Good distraction! I'm going to read up later on how it was received by the real players later.

Had no time for the more stupid customisation though - way to make your game look like a joke! One minute you're trying to kill your kids, the next you've cake on your head. :confused:
AI in Tekken 7 can't even be taken seriously tbh, anyone can beat the AI which I suppose they did for casual players since besides online there's nothing else to really do besides play treasure battle and arcade and practice. Hopefully they make it harder since I already capped the treasure battle streak at 999 wins so there's no point in really playing it. And Tekken is just a more defensive neutral oriented type of game in general, as long as you don't mash or advance at the wrong time you shouldn't be getting hit or launched

And I don't think Customziation is stupid, you should be able to make your characters the way you want xD DOA and SF have outfits that are just as if not more wacky than the various items in Tekken 7 so I don't see much difference really since all games have joke elements

Derock

The thing about customization in Tekken for me: I only give the cast that had previous outfits or attempt to re-create a retro outfit. For example, Nina, I used her Blood Vengeance Movie outfit and recolor it to her Tekken 2 2nd outfit (don't know why til this day, nobody at the Tekken team clearly remembered that she was the ORIGINAL sex symbol before Anna took the spot, I need her Tekken 2 1st outfit!)

There were some characters like Jin and Katarina, I gave some "tasteful" outfits for my enjoyment ;) .

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The thing about customization in Tekken for me: I only give the cast that had previous outfits or attempt to re-create a retro outfit. For example, Nina, I used her Blood Vengeance Movie outfit and recolor it to her Tekken 2 2nd outfit (don't know why til this day, nobody at the Tekken team clearly remembered that she was the ORIGINAL sex symbol before Anna took the spot, I need her Tekken 2 1st outfit!)

There were some characters like Jin and Katarina, I gave some "tasteful" outfits for my enjoyment ;) .
I do that as well xD Lili doesn't really have any sexy type gear so I mainly use her swimsuits and her bomber jacket for stuff like that, Claudio I like that one shirt where he leaves it unbuttoned and his revealing Sirius outfit, and everyone else I don't use but when I take screenshots I give them outfits based on what I want at a specific time, except anyone else I don't find attractive tho xD

I'm hoping Anna will have alot of customs I can use since she's my second favorite Tekken character

prototypetom

I felt the customisation was a bit of a swiz - Loads and loads of options so it looks really impressive volume-wise, but when you dig in there's much of the same stuff to unlock for all characters and tons of bits that don't really change your appearance too much beyond 5 or 6 clear outfits. I think DOA could use a little more of what Tekken does, but overall I find it's outfits system much more satisfying. But i imagine if I was investing more time playing T7 online I'd appreciate projecting a unique custom look more.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So the new season 2 stuff comes out September 6th! Really looking forward to Anna!:oops: Also Lili got a few buffs and a new rage art apparently, and she can now dew glide cancel from 3,2!!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
There's also gonna be a stream I believe on the 26th showing the season 2 pass build so stay tuned on their twitch for that! Hopefully they'll show us more of what everyone got since I'm sure there's more changes than they showed in the video xD

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Happy with Eddy's HSP4 being a screw. Still useless in combos tho. Hopeful for it to screw on CH to be honest, the move is useless in this game.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
...not feeling the wall bounce...:confused:
Why not? XD I don't think it'll be a problem tbh, the wall bounce ive noticed seems to only be applied to moves that have that hard hit zoom in feature

I'm also really happy they buffed Lili's uf4,3 Sunflower Lance, that's a move that's not used often since besides the first hit crushing lows and guaranteeing the seconf hit if it hits, the last part never did anything special. Now it'll definitely be threatening near walls. I hope the same thing is done to her f4 and d2,2,4 since those are basically the same kick that uf4,3 has

crapoZK

Standard Donor
They're making moves that aren't used more viable so that there aren't any cloned playstyles spread across the boards of the game. Like DVJ's f1+2 is a wallbounce now. Who even used that attack before?? Now people will because it's actually useful.

They nerfed Kazumi imo by making her FLY1 a pushback/wallbouncer rather than a launcher. I won't lose half my life for guessing wrong on the 50/50 thank god.

Derock

Why not? XD I don't think it'll be a problem tbh, the wall bounce ive noticed seems to only be applied to moves that have that hard hit zoom in feature

The problem about the wall bounce it looks so... unrealistic. Like the Tekken team just look at some 2D fighter that has the same mechanic and said, "hey, let's use this!" For me, this is going to be either worse than the bound combos back in 6 and TTT2 or worthless because you'll need to be in a stage with walls and it can be use on the first connect of sending the opponent to the wall. Doesn't apply to the infinite stages.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The problem about the wall bounce it looks so... unrealistic. Like the Tekken team just look at some 2D fighter that has the same mechanic and said, "hey, let's use this!" For me, this is going to be either worse than the bound combos back in 6 and TTT2 or worthless because you'll need to be in a stage with walls and it can be use on the first connect of sending the opponent to the wall. Doesn't apply to the infinite stages.
I understand your point, although tbh I'm not concerned about the realism aspect since Tekken 7 is nowhere near remotely realistic anymore. XD The rage arts are ridiculous, like its impossible to for example do a spin like Lili does at the beginning of her RA that somehow slows down the opponent and then you magically absorb attacks before it connects, and Anna's rage art is so unrealistic its funny xD But then again Tekken has never been a really realistic fighter with how juggles and such are handled

Regarding the wall bounce I think they've been planning it for a while, since certain attacks like Lili's b1+2 just seemed useless without the bounce. I also dont think the damage will be ludicrous, although we'll have to wait and see when it drops. I'm pretty interested interested to see what Lili will from hers although I can predict it won't be much since her attacks that'd have it all have recovery to them xD

crapoZK

Standard Donor
wall bounce looks so... unrealistic
And launching dudes 14ft in the air, electric punches, flying tigers, fighting bears have all been realistic before this? One can never look at Tekken and expect realism xD

Bound combos weren't too bad and could even be done without walls, they just happened to benefit characters with better wall carry because of the fact that you could save your bound until you hit the wall. It's not going to be worthless because this is going to be a ploy to bait whiffs/use as solid whiff punishing at the wall and get WAY more damage than what you used to get. Geese had this mechanic before everyone else did. Just because it can't be used in combo etc etc doesn't mean it's bad guys.

Imagine a scenario where someone whiffs a wake up kick at the wall at you as Devil Jin after a combo. You f1+2 them as a whiff punish and get a wall bounce. Instead of the 45+ damage that you'd usually get from doing this currently useless move, you're probably going to get 60+. The wall bounce situation isn't going to something that you're constantly going to see, and that's probably what the TK team want. Animation does look kinda funny butttttt it makes sense to use it because of the Geese situation.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD