Tekken

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
tot-1.png

What is this thread about?
This thread will facilitate anything related to Tekken, be it pure crunch and numbers to fluff and cosmetics. With Tag 2 coming out, you really might want to get in with the cool kids and have fun punching a fucking bear in the face or shooting lazer beams through killer robots and giant fire breathing demons from outer space or grandpas who can survive giant explosions or a wrestler wearing a jaguar mask that throws you around like a hula hoop.

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'll be away from the internet for a few days, so post your questions and I'll answer all of em when I get back.

In the mean time, have this

Megawarrior

Thanks for the links to different Tekken sites. I need to update myself on TTT2 since I hardly know anything about it except it's coming next year lol

Gill Hustle

The "3D Guys" at my spot ONLY play Tekken, so I'm sure this info will come in handy.

I still dig it, but am more interested in TTT2

x Sypher x

Dam I haven't touched Tekken 6 in a long time. I used to love playing that game for hours on end, no lie. Then DOA stole my heart when I finally discovered her, and alas I cheated on my former lover of fighters. Lol. Nah I kid, I still love Tekken. I just need my own copy now. I remember playing Tekken 3 back in the day with my stepdad, ah good times. :)

Btw, I DO have a question to start off with. Who is your main Uncle? And why? :cool:

First off, Lol, good delivery.

I used to play a bit of Tekken 4. I used Yoshimitsu and his moveset totally changed in 6.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Hey hey hey, I'm back. Check out this baller looking OP by those guys at neogaf. I'll put it in the OP.

You whack ass kids who like VF can go to Virtua Fighter Dot Com.

Seriously, VF series needs a massive visual and auditory overhaul. Some of those animations and sounds are from like VF1. Seriously, change your pants, old man.

Btw, I DO have a question to start off with. Who is your main Uncle? And why? :cool:

Glad to see someone wants to be in the cool kids club.

Heihachi. He's upper mid tier. Has the best punisher (1, 1, 2) in the game along with best launcher (Electric). Juggle game is subpar and he's pretty slow, but solid as hell and db+2 is an awesome poke. He's hella fun to play. Has a funny gimmick with his counter where he takes 50 damage on anything, even a normal jab. Has the worst hair.

First off, Lol, good delivery.

I used to play a bit of Tekken 4. I used Yoshimitsu and his moveset totally changed in 6.

Well, you'll find yourself shooting yourself less in the foot with Tag2 yoshi since he's not as shit as the T6 one.

Gill Hustle

Well, you'll find yourself shooting yourself less in the foot with Tag2 yoshi since he's not as shit as the T6 one.

I have more vids of this dude, QDOGG coming up soon from his time at UGS (shameless plug) and I think he would beg to differ with that statement:

[youtube]

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
^^^ I didn't say he's shit tier, he's just low tier. The thing with characters in Tekken is that you can use any character in the game and win tournaments with em. Not many people know about Roger's poking game and juggles (average of 90 damage).

It's just that it's more difficult mastering those characters, really.

Also, the things yoshi can do from back turned or back turned yoga stance...man, that shit is just crazy.

Dragunov is the only character in Tekken I'll touch.

Of course if you know anything about me, it's pretty stupid obvious why.

Hmm, YOU DON'T SAY.

Well, Dragunov is a national Korean hero while Bayman is a washed muscle bound dry cleaner.

If you need help with Drag, Aris knows Drag inside out. He's even better Tag2.

Actually I agree with Kichener. I was shooting myself in the foot quite a lot because I was doing the sidespins quite often by accident.

x Sypher x

Glad to see someone wants to be in the cool kids club.

Heihachi. He's upper mid tier. Has the best punisher (1, 1, 2) in the game along with best launcher (Electric). Juggle game is subpar and he's pretty slow, but solid as hell and db+2 is an awesome poke. He's hella fun to play. Has a funny gimmick with his counter where he takes 50 damage on anything, even a normal jab. Has the worst hair.

Lol worst hair, I like that. That's cool though. Back in the day my main used to be KIng. I used to love pulling off a successful Frankensteiner (i think that's what it's called). Then after Tekken 5 came around I switched over to Kazuya and he's been my guy ever since. I guess I just found a better play style with him. What's the difference between his and Heihachi's launcher (Electric)? I've also wondered how the hell people can pull it off multiple times in quick succession as a juggle. I can never get more than 2 lol.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
None whatsoever. All EWGFs have the same property, be it DJ, Kaz or Hei. There are other things like DEWGF (Dash electric) DDEWGF and other things you can use as mix up and adding to your strategy. and keeping up the pressure, or just plain wave dashing to add more pressure.

Here is a tutorial that covers all the different types of electrics there are out there and it's pretty short.

Honestly, this is something you have to practice a lot to make perfect. People just practice this one move for week or years . It ain't easy, but once you get it right, you can kiss that izuna goodbye because you'll be playing one of the best characters with the best launcher.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
^^^ I didn't say he's shit tier, he's just low tier. The thing with characters in Tekken is that you can use any character in the game and win tournaments with em. Not many people know about Roger's poking game and juggles (average of 90 damage).

It's just that it's more difficult mastering those characters, really.
I call bullshit.

Let's say I had even in the slightest interest in Tekken because of Zafina (which is true) and I wanted to main her. Everywhere I go, folks say she's not tournament-viable, which is to say she's bottom-tier, aka virtually impossible to win legit tourneys with.

Can you honestly tell me that again with a straight face? Didn't think so.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
You're bound to go against people who don't know shit about Zafina because no one played them at their local scene or whatever.

So yeah, you probably can, it's just that no one really wants to put the effort into her because she's too gimmicky.

Remember that Orwell novel where the pigs were like "All animals are equal but some are more equal than others"? Well, Zafina falls into the category 1 where she is equal, but not as equal as mishimas, but she's still equal. I haven't seen people win tournaments with her, but I've seen em get into top 8, so that's something.

DR2K

While Tekken is definitely a fun fighter I feel that VF would be a better route for a DOA player, although good luck getting anyone here to play you, lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD