Tengu Being Added? Female?

David Gregg

I'm like 90% sure it's just Sky City Tokyo. The skybox looks identical to me.

Plus, no new stage came with Phase 4, since they didn't know what stage to recycle like they did with Marie.

Can't a man dream, Brute? lol XD

aerial-gardens-gif.1788

Zeo

Still feeling like that's Momiji, will not be surprised if everyone rages and it ends up being a DLC costume for her.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
So, how many ninjas do we have so far and does TN really need to put tits on everything just because their marketing department said so?

Surely, they could've just brought Tengu back, but if this character is going to be a replacement, I'm okay with that except that they'd have to pass it on a super heavy weight with a tiny frame and power moves, which I doubt they'd do.

Number 13

We don't even know if this is a ninja character or whatever yet. I hope not though since this game has plenty of ninjas, but this a ninja centric game so eh. They CAN bring Tengu back, but actually doing is a different story.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Considering she has the fan like Tengu did my guess is she is in fact a Tengu clone plus the wings also seal the deal. I don't know why people think she might be a ninja.

David Gregg

I think @Kronin put it best when he said TN is creating the new generation of bosses and making them regulars on the roster (Kasumi Alpha - Phase 4; Tengu - Titsgu).

I still think Donovan with Genra's mask + moveset will be next (and if not in 5U then 6).

Kohlrak

if you're going supernatural, why not 9 tails? XD

Considering she has the fan like Tengu did my guess is she is in fact a Tengu clone plus the wings also seal the deal. I don't know why people think she might be a ninja.

Costume. This might not be a screenshot, but concept art. I don't exactly see health bars or "press x" or something like tthat. The wings could also be costume. I mean, Kokoro has a costume with wings.

EDIT: That said, if a new character, she could be to tengu as momiji is to ryu. So i would expect her to be the same style, but have many moves tweaked to fit the different body type. She could be faster with less power, and instead of a hug of death, you'll have a flying equivalent of izuna. If someone would like, i could go back into dimensions and take some time learning tengu just to say how i would predict her moveset to look differently.

Last edited:

Squizzo

Still feeling like that's Momiji, will not be surprised if everyone rages and it ends up being a DLC costume for her.
Momiji doesn't have a beauty spot on her chin.
Momiji doesn't have purple/blue hair.
TN wouldn't post 4 teaser images for just one DLC costume.

Argentus

Not liking what I'm seeing so far...not because tengu, but I honestly don't like the character design from what I can see.

Squizzo

Just noticed the Japanese text posted with the teasers translates as "all my is nonsense" which I guess could be roughly translated as Tengu's "everything is my delusion" line from doa2.

werewolfgold

Just noticed the Japanese text posted with the teasers translates as "all my is nonsense" which I guess could be roughly translated as Tengu's "everything is my delusion" line from doa2.
It's the line exactly.

Subete wa...waga...kyogen nari...

Everything...is my...falsehood...

Sgaragarru

and then the Announce will be
Directly From Tekken: Kunimitsu join the Roster!
meh...just day dreaming XD

synce

Still no full body render or profile eh... I hate how companies have to hype everything to death these days. It'll probably be weeks before they show actual gameplay. By that time a lot of people won't care. MKX and Capcom's new fighter will have the spotlight

UpSideDownGRUNT

I kinda agree in a way, it's a good way to get us talking and speculating, but it's already getting old as we pretty much already know what it is. It honestly would have been better to just wait to show her gameplay/teaser trailer etc.

Also, in addition to never showing multiple teasers for the same costume, they also don't use #DOA5UA unless it's for the arcade. Which is usually tweeted about when there's a new patch, tournament or new character.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD