Tengu Being Added? Female?

Kohlrak

it's acanon game, but if your points were valid, why would they bring back Ein? Hayate has nothing to do with that alter-ego since he got his memories back. (for some reason he'd rather be a really lame lower ninja than be an awesome and rough karate master)

Clone.

@Female Tengu Well, actually I think that the argument "Tengu is dumb" derive more from the personality of the character than from his design. TN could make a great cool looking design (I'm sure that they would know what to do for it) but you couldn't say to use Bankotsubo without giving him his classic clumsiness or villain arrogance, so not giving an "image" too much far from his old one.

I didn't get that feeling about him in dimensions. Tengu felt like some kind of outcast boy-in-man's-body to me. Almost like a dinky power ranger's bad guy that just does things to try to look as awesome as he thinks he is more than an actual villain.

This reminds me of Itagaki saying that he considered them his daughters. By the way I believe that what you mentioned was an ironic statement while Itagaki's one was made with a provocative purpose.

I'm not a fan of controlled characters, by the way from the picture the girl seem just to have a pair of Tengu wings: if this was true, I think that we could exclude a such hyphoteis.

Kanozyo/kanojo/彼女 is normally a 3rd person feminine pronoun to emphasis gender where あいつ is gender ambiguous. It just so happens that it usually gets used that way, but that doesn't mean it actually implies it. Interestingly enough..http://www.sanseido.net/User/Dic/In...JJ=checkbox&DailyEJ=checkbox&DailyJE=checkbox

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

i like how nobody has uploaded the famitsu details on this thread yet xD since there are those that avoid the casual thread like the black plague.

so here it is:
AC "Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade"

The version up in late June

Woman Tengu (CV: Sato Zhu) war decision

Fighting style beyond the human intellect in the "Tengu road",
I use a technique or method tricky killing air using wings, such as an attack that generates a gust

Favorite food: steamed bun
Bust 93, also costume likely Hadake immediately chest
Black wing is attached to the back

Home version is also upgraded at the same time, PHASE4 lifts the ban
New costume reflecting the image of a sports day is also added
As I had thought, this is not a costume and is in fact a Tengu successor character.

synce

If you were speaking to a Japanese person you should never refer to a girl as kanojo, it's just weird. You would say her name instead

But yeah I just noticed Femtengu's details were posted on 2ch. So glad she's a legit tengu and not some cosplayer :p

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
That doesn't mean much

image.jpg

image.jpg

David Gregg

Well that sounds a lot better than the girl I heard from Kanon (must have been listening to the wrong one or she just spoke in a higher pitch).

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm all for a new character with a similar but different moveset. Hitomi basically came about as a female version of Ein, after all. This could work out well. I would also be down with the original Tengu of Destruction returning. Not too picky. More characters of quality is a win for every player.

Codemaster92163

Oh, that's right! Forgot about that.

Just make her cool, is all I'm asking. I'll be happy so long as she brings about a sense of Tengu familiarity.

werewolfgold

For those still asking "WHY!?" this is happening the answer is pretty obvious. Tekken Revolution awhile ago did a character vote poll consisting of ten characters where the top voted one would be added into the game. The list had females, males, and even bizarre creatures like Tengu such as a giant mantis or a salmon. Unsurprisingly the result ended with Vampire girl being first place, Sexy Tekken Force Girl being second place, Shin Kamiya (fangirl #1 pick) got 3rd place, sexy zombie bride getting 4th place, etc. You get my point.

If a game like Tekken that doesn't make their fan-service aspect too obvious compared to DoA has a fanbase that would prioritize the "sexy" females over rugged males or bizarre creatures then you know how the overall DoA community would have handled it. Since TN is making the characters paid DLC unlike Tekken Revolution that made the female vampire free (with some big grinding involved though) that means whatever character they pick has to be marketable outside of a niche demographic and bring something different (even if minor) to the DoA table.
Normally, I would kind of agree with this, but plenty of the other choices were terribad. Let's take a look.

Elisa: A lot of people thought the storyline behind her was stupid. But, she was marketed on possibly bringing fireballs and other special attacks. That appealed to a lot of people. And there was much facepalming to be had when her big boob option was revealed.

Sexy TF Character: While the sexiness was played up by Namco personally, I saw a lot of people that voted her because it was a vehicle to possibly get a style like Krav Maga into the game.

Shin Kamiya: He clearly has his fans. People thought he could be expanded upon.

Zombie Bride: While female, she's also a zombie. Probably got votes on that alone.

Female Paul: Uh... Why?
Female Ganryu: Uh... Why?
Average, run-of-the-mill old man: wat?
Giant Praying Mantis: Plenty already think that Kuma, Roger, and Alex don't fit.
Salmon: lolno. He was even marketed as not being able to do anything.
Tougou: He has his fans, but people kind of hate Lars and that probably ruined it for him.

It would be folly to solely extrapolate from who won "lol boobs are awesome" when there were clearly other things involved. And Namco was obviously pushing for TF lady pretty damn hard and that had nothing to do with the fanbase. But, probably all they did take from it was "lol boobs are awesome." I wouldn't doubt it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD