Tengu Players Unite !

Mesharey

Sigh...sadly it's very likely that is just a photoshop, like on Doaw have already noticed making a confront with the apparently original image:

DOA5+_groupC_free-training.jpg
The shadow is different for both characters than the first image, I don't know I hope it's real, well, there's something for DOA at E3.

synce

I can't find the video but yeah Tom Lee did mention E3 and I think something before then too. The weird thing is the new bikinis and cheer costumes will be available after E3...

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Grap3, have you been scattering fake pictures on the internet in an attempt to troll the leaving bejesus out of DOA players again?
You sure seem uncharacteristically supportive of its authenticity...
Usually the DOA 'shop fakes come from DOAW and they're always terrible and easy to spot. If this one is a 'shop, it's the first good DOA 'shop I've seen. Someone already posted what could have been used for the second screen and that character model looks 1:1 like his DOA4 model and the cropping around his legs looks just a bit off.

However, Tengu's model in the first "scan" doesn't resemble any of his previous models and looks like a legit redesign. It could be from a Ninja Gaiden game though. I'm not too familiar with them but I thought Sigma 2 had Tengus in it, though I think they were red. I'm kind of 50-50 on this actually.

Plus, you know I'd rather bitch about DOA than do something constructive like this.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I have another idea for Tengu mixups. Using Nightpup's earlier idea in which Tengu can press H immediately after takeoff from DOAD's 1P+K (DOA4's P+K) to feint the attack, he could additionally have the option to hit P (or 8P or 6P, either one is fine by me) allowing him to cancel the torpedo and transition into 9P, from which he has full access to the 9P mixups I mentioned earlier.

synce

K now we have Momiji and almost definitely Leon...

Shimbori said he'd like to bring back the 3 'main' cut characters and others in the next DOA game, which was just announced.

And we now have seen one of the few surprises Tom Lee said would be coming our way before E3.

I'm thinking in May they show the full Momiji/Leon fight, and a month later Ein vs Tengu

This is my diet right now:

content-marketing-hype-2.jpg

Also, someone mentioned something about a rainy stage... Wouldn't it be awesome to see Tengu debut in a rainy Miyama?

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'm thinking in May they show the full Momiji/Leon fight, and a month later Ein vs Tengu

I certainly hope so. I will be pissed off to an extent that words simply cannot describe if Tengu is still missing, even after a fucking re-release.

Gultigargar

Just dropping in to show some appreciation for this guy. How could Team Ninja leave a guy with such a magnificent nose out of their fighting game?

I recently discovered that I really like to draw him, so I spent some time animating a few moves for him. I never really played Tengu, though, so I guess they might not exactly be moves he needs, but I did try to make him move like in the games. They're pretty big, so I'll just link to them instead of embedding them:
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/121/b/5/doa_tengu_kick_animation_by_gultigargar-d63qaqj.gif
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/123/6/c/doa_tengu_claw_animation_by_gultigargar-d63xw3v.gif

I hope the guy shows up in the new version of DOA5, even though I probably won't get it unless they make drastic changes to the gameplay and the online.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Just dropping in to show some appreciation for this guy. How could Team Ninja leave a guy with such a magnificent nose out of their fighting game?

I recently discovered that I really like to draw him, so I spent some time animating a few moves for him. I never really played Tengu, though, so I guess they might not exactly be moves he needs, but I did try to make him move like in the games. They're pretty big, so I'll just link to them instead of embedding them:
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/121/b/5/doa_tengu_kick_animation_by_gultigargar-d63qaqj.gif
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/123/6/c/doa_tengu_claw_animation_by_gultigargar-d63xw3v.gif

I could see the first one possibly causing a sitdown stun, or maybe a bounce juggle that could be followed up with 7KP, or 7K 8P+K. It could also guardbreak when blocked. The second could work as a high crush and could also combo into a throw if you hit T as it connects (think Tina's 6KT, or Bass' 236PT). The throw part could simply be the same animation as his low kick hold.

Gultigargar

I could see the first one possibly causing a sitdown stun, or maybe a bounce juggle that could be followed up with 7KP, or 7K 8P+K. It could also guardbreak when blocked.The second could work as a high crush and could also combo into a throw if you hit T as it connects (think Tina's 6KT, or Bass' 236PT). The throw part could simply be the same animation as his low kick hold.
Those are some pretty cool suggestions. What I really had in mind with that kick, though, was that it would cause an untechable knockdown, granting him a guaranteed force tech or down hit.

While I think the idea of the low-sweeping claw attack as a hit-throw is really cool, I also think a low hit-throw sound perhaps a bit too powerful. But then again, I'd rather have characters with unique tools that makes them play differently, rather than having everyone play that awful stun-game.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Those are some pretty cool suggestions. What I really had in mind with that kick, though, was that it would cause an untechable knockdown, granting him a guaranteed force tech or down hit.

That would be cool too.

While I think the idea of the low-sweeping claw attack as a hit-throw is really cool, I also think a low hit-throw sound perhaps a bit too powerful. But then again, I'd rather have characters with unique tools that makes them play differently, rather than having everyone play that awful stun-game.

Well, it could perhaps deal less damage than the low kick hold, but like you said, it would be cool just because it's a unique tool. Besides, I want Tengu to be a force when he comes back. After how badly he's gotten the shaft over the last seven years (bottom tier in DOA4, bottom tier in DOAD, cut from DOA5), he really deserves a good comeback. Give him all the new tools, transitions, buffs and mixups that Nightpup posted, as well as the 9P mixups and maybe even the 1P+K transition that I suggested. He also needs buffs to his frame data, like an 11 frame jab, for starters.

synce

Tengu getting something guaranteed? Blasphemy! Tengu's gotten progressively shittier with each game, I'm scared to see what TN does with him in DOA5HC lol

Really I'm fine with him being crap, just change him up a little. I want to see a new stance or transition moves

EDIT: Oh hey I thought that animated Tengu looked familiar, you're the artist of that Tengu/Bass cosplay I posted earlier! Nice work

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I would honestly love Tengu back ...
He used to be my "Secret Weapon" .. lol
Theres a huge satisfaction that comes with winning with Tengu...

Now if we only get Raidou as well ... mmmmmmmmm
(Genra and Kasumi-a can go to hell).

Leon, Momiji, Tengu, Ein... and a possible Raidou ... and wishful hoping for more VF love ..

And I hope they completely forget about Shiden .. lol (what a waste of space >__>)

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Tengu getting something guaranteed? Blasphemy! Tengu's gotten progressively shittier with each game, I'm scared to see what TN does with him in DOA5HC lol

Really I'm fine with him being crap, just change him up a little. I want to see a new stance or transition moves

I managed to do alright with him fairly consistently in DOA4, but I DO NOT want to put up with that again. They NEED to make him good again.

Kronin

After the old trio back, my wish would be to see again Genra and Raidou.
Also if I like Akira, Sarah and Pai no more VF character for me in Doa5 - I would prefer to see them in an eventual future crossover of the series - if we need of another guest I would be glad to play with Ryo Hazuki or Spartan 458/Nicole (also if this is impossible considering the exclusivity of the Halo franchise).

Shiden for me it was really interesting: a sort of Doa3 Hayate, considering the big difference in his DoA4 counterpart, anyway in DoA5 would be needed to make him much more different from his son; for the same reasons was nice to play with Doa2's Kasumi in her clone, but also in this case I would prefer an evolution of Kasumi alpha gameplay.

Impossible final wish: the inclusion in the roster of Sonia/Irene ;)

Anyway I'm sure that we will see Ein and Tengu together with Leon and Momiji, but not so much of other characters (anyway I hope always to be wrong XD)

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Impossible final wish: the inclusion in the roster of Sonia/Irene ;)

I've always thought that they could bring in Irene as a playable character with SPARTAN-458's movesest, without the plasma grenade throw. She's in the CIA, so the idea of her being trained in military CQC (SPARTAN's fighting style) isn't far-fetched. Plus, she was in the story mode of DOAD, so she's already a DOA character anyway.

Anyway I'm sure that we will see Ein and Tengu together with Leon and Momiji, but not so much of other characters

That's my prediction too. Hopefully we're right.

synce

Sonia would be broken bruh... Those legs could probably reach people from across the screen...

Tengu though I'm expecting him to get the Alpha treatment. On paper he'll look like shit, everyone will say he's shit, a few loyal fans will prove them wrong, everyone will complain, and TN will take away his best tools a few months later.

I'm going to come back to this post a year later just to appreciate how prophetic I am. :cool:

MrMoon360

Female tengu would be cool as long as she wore a mask to hide her hideousness lol A mix between our Tengu and Tekken's Kunimitsu, I'd be so all over that you don't even know.

I hope you're not implying Kunimitsu is hiding her hideousness. T. T
wounded_kunoichi_by_ayabreaparasiteeve-d5qaho0.jpg

That would just be mean! D:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD