The Art Style and Graphics Discussion

Jadeinchains

Watching it right now. From what I've seen it's pretty incredible what they were able to do. I'm gonna check out if they have any other videos cause this is actually really good. :)

To bad Soul Calibur is... "on a break" right now.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Rime is already out and I can't believe I actually didn't notice. I haven't bought it yet, but here's some screens from Neogaf:

1495897421-rime-20170527164614.png

1705270826043292.png

1495897426-rime-20170527165016.png

170527080624238161.png

170527082445785692.png

170527082558597102.png

(This is the PS4 Pro version by the way. It does still only run in 1080p resolution but it has higher resolution shadow maps, better texture filtering and LOD.)

So pretty... :)
But do I imagine things or is the game less vibrant in color and Detail compared to how it looked in previews?
Anyway, here's some of the hauntingly beautiful concept art of the game:

rime___mediterranean_by_abeloroz-d6j31ry.jpg

002.jpg

rimestructureconceptart__large.png

rime-game-tequila-works-pc_xone_switch.jpg

ShinobiGuy

Had it preordered and played the first island yesterday. Found the colors very vibrant, but haven't followed it much prior. Great game though.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Hey Tyaren got any pics of Powergirl? I like how she looks and how bad her voice acting sounds

Nope, I don't care for her or Supergirl. The currency to buy skins (like Power Girl) and shaders is hard to come by. I actually have more than enough by now but I am not wasting it on her. She's basically just a big titted Supergirl with indeed grating voice acting.

I think I rather spend the currency on John Stuart, Green Lantern's skin:

jpg

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Nope, I don't care for her or Supergirl. The currency to buy skins (like Power Girl) and shaders is hard to come by. I actually have more than enough by now but I am not wasting it on her. She's basically just a big titted Supergirl.

I think I rather spend the currency on John Stuart, Green Lantern's skin:

Oh I see your point. Honestly I when I saw her I didn't really focus on her boobs, her bob is way better than normal supergirl and her outfit has better balance and presentation than supergirl. Her voice acting is funny too, it sounds so fake and forced, as if the VA had got cheated out of the salary the other VAs did and in revenge she did her job but half assed it, plus she comes off as a feminist

When I get the game I think I'll use her, Harley and Aquaman but maybe some others if any revealing dlc outfit parts are added

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Oh I see your point. Honestly I when I saw her I didn't really focus on her boobs, her bob is way better than normal supergirl and her outfit has better balance and presentation than supergirl. Her voice acting is funny too, it sounds so fake and forced, as if the VA had got cheated out of the salary the other VAs did and in revenge she did her job but half assed it, plus she comes off as a feminist

When I get the game I think I'll use her, Harley and Aquaman but maybe some others if any revealing dlc outfit parts are added

To be honest, I think they just mirrored her bob cut, it is the exact same otherwise. And if you dislike Supergirl's default design you can completely change it to your likes with different gear.
I really want her mini skirt, but hadn't the luck to get it so far:

xhQOsny.jpg

By the way, as you asked, there is indeed the possibility to have Aquaman even skimpier clothed. I've now seen him topless without any armor in multiverse.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
To be honest, I think they just mirrored her bob cut, it is the exact same otherwise. And if you dislike Supergirl's default design you can completely change it to your likes with different gear.
I really want her mini skirt, but hadn't the luck to get it so far:

xhQOsny.jpg

By the way, as you asked, there is indeed the possibility to have Aquaman even skimpier clothed. I've now seen him topless without any armor in multiverse.
Uh....screenshot it for me if you ever unlock it!!

Jadeinchains

Not gonna lie I was excited to see Power Girl in this game and to be honest she's a mess. Not only does her hair look bad and so does her face but she also sounds like a man tbh. Then you have the fact that all her lines of dialogue sound like she has a stick up her ass with how un-fun and dull they are.

Power Girl - "YoU CaN'T hANdlE ThIs MUCh WomAN!"

That voice acting.

giphy.gif

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Not gonna lie I was excited to see Power Girl in this game and to be honest she's a mess. Not only does her hair look bad and so does her face but she also sounds like a man tbh. Then you have the fact that all her lines of dialogue sound like she has a stick up her ass with how un-fun and dull they are.

Power Girl - "YoU CaN'T hANdlE ThIs MUCh WomAN!"

That voice acting.

giphy.gif
I like her hair and face but her voice is literally a joke although I think it's intentional. Someone in the comments said that deep down she's insecure so she sounds over the top to sound cooler so maybe the VA did a good job....maybe??

Argentus

yeah they really butchered Karen in the game, it's pretty pathetic. There's really no indicator that it even IS Power Girl aside from the name over the life bar.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well she is a reskin after all so they probably didn't really make her a priority. Imo they should've just used Laura Bailey who already voices super girl, she would've done a good job and used her Saints Row 3 voice over the VA who's different and didn't seem to know how to do her voice direction

Tyaren

Standard Donor
yeah they really butchered Karen in the game, it's pretty pathetic. There's really no indicator that it even IS Power Girl aside from the name over the life bar.

Power Girl is basically a fancy costume for Supergirl, that also got its on voice actor and a couple of unique lines. The costume is not supposed to be a full-fledged character.
I think they are doing a great job with skins and it is actually a really smart idea to get some fan favorites in the game that way, even though they didn't make the cut. And let's be honest here, many of the DC/Marvel characters are carbon copies of eachother anyway. There really is no need to have Supergirl and her big boobed alter ego Power Girl in there at once.
Many Power Girl fans are glad she's at least in the game this way instead of not at all. And she's free. Nothing pathetic about that at all.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So the game does indeed have some color and contrast. The images KasumiLover posted appeared all very washed out and dull. Is it because Chapstick's is the PS4 Pro version or did you @KasumiLover69 tinker with the contrast setting in your game or PS4?

The game looks kinda nice there. :)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah how did you get the game looking like that that??

And nice pics, 2B looks so professional and 9S looks so Eliot-type cute in those pics, although A2 and Simone are my favorite girls in the game

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD