The Art Style and Graphics Discussion

Chapstick

DC86J8eXYAAPIuW

DC86NW8XUAQzsnm
original-18462-1436203963-4.png

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Digital Foundry took a closer look at the tech and graphics of the PS4 exclusive Spider-Man:

Impressive stuff. If it still looks like that on release day, we've one of the best looking games on our hands. Especially when you consider Manhattan will be huge and freely explorable.

Jadeinchains

For real though... Better hair on ps2 than in T7... tragic.

And the next fighting game coming out on next gen is MvC which based on what we've seen isn't much better. ( Worse looking actually ) Please when Doa6 and SC6 come out show people how you do it!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
This is the ugliest "hair" (looks more like a melted plastic wig) that I have seen for years. Even PS2 games had nicer hair:

Hey it's better than this XD her default hair suits the coat nicely but clips into the hood plus it moves like trash

2017-06-23_22-44-37.jpg

I love hime cuts so much for my personal fetish reasons but it looks so bad in T7. Unless they give her a bobcut, her own exclusive pinned up hair from T6, her braid, or her old short flower hair in gonna stick with the generic pinned for the time being. I actually like
Also question, you guys prefer....

T7 Hwoarang
DCkP6mMUQAA1xYi

Or street fighter Hwoarang?
Fotor_148600429940719.jpg
For real though... Better hair on ps2 than in T7... tragic.

And the next fighting game coming out on next gen is MvC which based on what we've seen isn't much better. ( Worse looking actually ) Please when Doa6 and SC6 come out show people how you do it!
I have to disagree XD that Cassandra hair does not look better than the pinned up T7 hair, it looks fuzzy and there's no detail on the separate strands, Leo has hair almost like that and it's way better done and executed in terms of look and detail. But T7 only struggles with longer untied hair, shorter hair looks fine as long as it's a designated way. And I don't think MVC infinite will really do hair well because of the artstyle, injustice 2 has the best hair so far but mainly because of careful texture and they use certain styles for the longer ones like wonder woman's and poison ivy ties hers back. Power girl has the best hair imo

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I sense some kind of Stockholm Syndrom going on with @KasumiLover69 and Tekken 7. It's buttugly, has a shitty story mode, lacks other modes in general and has astronomically long loading times, but it holds some of KL's favorite characters ransom and he won't get a new DOA or Soul Calibur for years, so he's convinced himself that he actually likes Tekken 7 and that it is pretty, lol.

Also question, you guys prefer....​

T7 Hwoarang
DCkP6mMUQAA1xYi

Or street fighter Hwoarang?
View attachment 23469

I have to disagree XD that Cassandra hair does not look better than the pinned up T7 hair, it looks fuzzy and there's no detail on the separate strands, Leo has hair almost like that and it's way better done and executed in terms of look and detail. But T7 only struggles with longer untied hair, shorter hair looks fine as long as it's a designated way. And I don't think MVC infinite will really do hair well because of the artstyle, injustice 2 has the best hair so far but mainly because of careful texture and they use certain styles for the longer ones like wonder woman's and poison ivy ties hers back. Power girl has the best hair imo.

Frankly, Hwoarang looks fugly in both art styles, but nothing looks quite as fugly as Tekken X Streetfighter.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I sense some kind of Stockholm Syndrom going on with @KasumiLover69 and Tekken 7. It's buttugly, has a shitty story mode, lacks other modes in general and has astronomically long loading times, but it holds some of KL's favorite characters ransom and he won't get a new DOA or Soul Calibur for years, so he's convinced himself that he actually likes Tekken 7 and that it is pretty, lol.

Frankly, Hwoarang looks fugly in both art styles, but nothing looks quite as fugly as Tekken X Streetfighter.
What? XD no I genuinely like it, the graphics are good imo, they could've done better in some areas but they have shown it's possible to improve things over time, I'm sure they'll for example fix lili's hair in like a patch eventually, it's ok appearance wise, they just need to loosen the actual physics up. The load times aren't as bad as people make it seem, it's only like 14 seconds for me, and when you're not selecting a stage or character again it's virtually no loading at all. The story mode for the mishimas was good but character stories yeah they could've did better with, too many cliffhangers but on the plus side lili basically was the center of attention in all endings she made an appearance in. And it'll get bowling soon too

It also helps that almost everyone in the cast is attractive to me so I can basically dress anyone up how I want them to and ogle. And don't insult Hwoarang >.> I prefer him in SFXT tho, he looks like thug which I like and he's easy to use in that game as well as attractive. T7 is pretty crisp and has good lighting and skin shaders too

@Jadeinchains I would but....uh I'm afraid I'm pushing my luck with my pics here so I may just wait till the new DLC comes out

Nikotsumi

I think that most of us can agree that Tekken 7 looks really bad.
Now that I think about it, when Tekken 6 came out (2009), graphics weren't too bad... or at least I never complained about it, but man... Tekken 7 is horrible. 8 years have passed and of course you can see improvements, but what I mean is that it didn't get the improvements it should have got.
T6 > T7.
And let's not forget how default Hwoarang actually looks like in Tekken 7:

frtest18_R.jpg
That design is trash, and it's rare for me to be this harsh.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Seriously, even the loading times is horrendous. Do we really need that "Get ready for the next battle" startup quote? it's even in TRAINING mode like seriously lol.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
And let's not forget how default Hwoarang actually looks like in Tekken 7:

frtest18_R.jpg

By the way @KasumiLover69, that is a tight shirt. XD
>.>

That reminds me, since the first day of summer was sometime this week we should be getting the first DLC soon, I'm looking forward to that since it's likely swimwear and it's for everyone apparently plus new custom items. And I do prefer the T7 loading screen in training since it has that hype factor to it, DOA just kind of loads in pure black background and it gets kind of empty especially on stages like Crimson and any new stage post LR that takes way longer to load up

Argentus

Dunno if you guys already went over this, but I just heard about Cuphead. Everything is completely hand drawn. It's based on the old, old, pre hayes act surreal cartoons. I actually used to watch a lot of those growing up as a kid thanks to old recordings on VHS. I'd watch marathons of really really really old cartoons, I loved it, so i am just IN LOVE with this game.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Dunno if you guys already went over this, but I just heard about Cuphead. Everything is completely hand drawn. It's based on the old, old, pre hayes act surreal cartoons. I actually used to watch a lot of those growing up as a kid thanks to old recordings on VHS. I'd watch marathons of really really really old cartoons, I loved it, so i am just IN LOVE with this game.

I actually like that, I'm not a fan normally of games that use hand drawn sprites and stuff but I like how this one is executed

Jadeinchains

OMG lol! XD Seriously though it's true! Genuinely the world looking art style I've ever seen.

...Time to reply to my damn self quickly :p, Can we talk about how it auto corrected "worst" to "world"! World?! TxSF is the world looking artstyle I've seen apparently... smh.

Yeah I've seen some stuff of cuphead at E3 etc, I used to watch old mickey Mickey mouse and donald duck cartoons when I was younger and also Betty Boop so I really love the style of this game! :D

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Cuphead looks indeed amazing. Like a real 30s cartoon.

Cuphead is one of the very few games were the plague of video games, that is chromatic aberration, is actually put to good use.

For anyone who doesn't know what CA is:

Chromatic_aberration_%28comparison%29.jpg

pp011185crb.jpg

Chromatic-aberration-effect.jpg

Tekken 7 also heavily relies on it. That is one reason why it is so blurry and headache-inducing.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Cuphead looks indeed amazing. Like a real 30s cartoon.

Cuphead is one of the very few games were the plague of video games, that is chromatic aberration, is actually put to good use.

For anyone who doesn't know what CA is:

Chromatic_aberration_%28comparison%29.jpg

pp011185crb.jpg

Chromatic-aberration-effect.jpg

Tekken 7 also heavily relies on it. That is one reason why it is so blurry and headache-inducing.
Those images literally gave me a headache >.>

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD