The Art Style and Graphics Discussion

Tyaren

Standard Donor
With every game character or creature there is a point where the illusion of it being a real being shatters. That happens due to the smallest things, like a small movement or blink of an eye.
Trico was the first game being, that not once broke that illusion to me. From beginning to end, every time I stared at him in awe, even when he didn't expect it, he remained a living, breathing being in my mind.
Alone for that achievement The Last Guardian should imo be forever praised as one of the greatest technical breakthroughs in gaming.

gWnAM9X.gif

isrMS9W.gif

Jadeinchains

With every game character or creature there is a point where the illusion of it being a real being shatters. That happens due to the smallest things, like a small movement or blink of an eye.
Trico was the first game being, that not once broke that illusion to me. From beginning to end, every time I stared at him in awe, even when he didn't expect it, he remained a living, breathing being in my mind.
Alone for that achievement The Last Guardian should imo be forever praised as one of the greatest technical breakthroughs in gaming.

gWnAM9X.gif

isrMS9W.gif

I remember you saying that Trico never broke immersion before I played the game and honestly after playing the game I have to agree. At no point even while he was disobeying me he never once broke my immersion. When he jumped in the water he'd displace it and his feathers would get soaked and become dark, And he'd doggy paddle which was adorable. :p And when he got out of the water he'd shake the water off. Same that when I was running around trying to figure stuff out he'd lay down or scratch his ears with his feet. XD Every little thing was perfect.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I remember you saying that Trico never broke immersion before I played the game and honestly after playing the game I have to agree. At no point even while he was disobeying me he never once broke my immersion. When he jumped in the water he'd displace it and his feathers would get soaked and become dark, And he'd doggy paddle which was adorable. :p And when he got out of the water he'd shake the water off. Same that when I was running around trying to figure stuff out he'd lay down or scratch his ears with his feet. XD Every little thing was perfect.

Yeah, he also hesitates each time that he is about to jump into water, you can really sense his wariness and tension.
And don't forget him doing his...business. He by the way sometimes does it when you cuddle and pat him a lot and when he is really relaxed. You also got a trophy for it, did you notice? XD

Jadeinchains

Yeah, he also hesitates each time that he is about to jump into water, you can really sense his waryness and tension.
And don't forget him doing his...business. He by the way sometimes does it when you cuddle and pat him a lot and when he is really relaxed. You also got a trophy for it, did you notice? XD

Lol yeah I got it once just near the end of the game. That was a crazy detail but it was funny. And yeah I remember having to get food to lure him into jumping into the water and even after that he still wasn't happy to the other times he had to.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
You can't take screens in the Marvel vs. Capcom story demo, but someone captured some screens via capture card:

35394688393_a40cd662cb_o.png

35363559314_24a32b3757_o.png

What surpremely ugly character models! D: Why do we still see this in 2017? People are bound to complain and make fun of them?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Dragon Quest XI is out in Japan and here's some screens someone took on the PS4:

GyadqRs.jpg

AODYkW4.jpg

3LlP6GR.jpg

AVsH2at.jpg

EWknk3U.jpg

Looks pretty nice imo...(even though I never will become a fan of Akira Toriyama's art style)
The game world certainly seems to be very big and varied. There are multiple distinct regions, like European, Asian and Middle Eastern looking regions. There are also ice, fire and an under water region.
You will be able to explore many towns/cities as well and apparently they are pretty big. :D

DontForkWitMe

Went back to playing mass effect andromeda after the numerous patches that improved the game from its initially laughable launch and its actually pretty damn good now. With the improved character creator i was actually able to make a decent looking black guy.

some pics

35430715634_1e2667a7ef_o.jpg

36097288072_bbe895e23d_o.jpg

35869828140_622a5f55b0_o.jpg

36129272171_036c8623ba_o.jpg

36264156355_952f0abfb2_o.png

35459943643_f8a81dd1bf_o.png

Tyaren

Standard Donor
some pics

Nice. :) Does ME Andromeda have a photo mode or are those cutscene screens?

On another note:
Do you guys remember the Power Rangers-like exosuit DLC that was planned for FFXV and then quickly cancelled, when the owner of the Power Rangers licence threatened legal action, lol?

Final-Fantasy-XV-408.jpg

Well, they completely redesigned the suits and they now look like this:

DGB1DM2UQAAfORz.jpg:large

Fits well with the overall visual style of the game, especially the darker later parts, but I also find them quite ugly and drab. :/ I don't know if I will be ever using those. The Power Rangers suits would have brought a bit more silliness and color to the combat.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
At least they seem to be of high quality what model and textures are concerned. Here is a closer look in video form:

They remind me very much of General Glauca of Kingsglaive:

b03b8d254d6c31d7c1c00992244d4ac6.jpg

Juihau

Do you guys remember the Power Rangers-like exosuit DLC that was planned for FFXV and then quickly cancelled, when the owner of the Power Rangers licence threatened legal action, lol?
Is that what happened?.. I find that a bit hard to believe, when FFXIV recently got this.

79d18b389e.png

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Anyone interested in the upcoming GT Sport? There will be an in-depth photomode mode in it:

What you can do in there comes staggeringly close to photo realism:

1501572734-stdiotour2-001-8qbv.jpg

20170726144830-1280x720.jpg

032.jpg

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Anyone interested in the upcoming GT Sport? There will be an in-depth photomode mode in it:

What you can do in there comes staggeringly close to photo realism:

stdiotour2-001_8qbv.jpg

20170726144830-1280x720.jpg

032.jpg

Wow! :eek: I'm not personally interested in racing games so It's a pass from me but It looks amazing. I think I could trick people into believing that's real life those pictures If I didn't tell them anything before hand. Are you interested in it?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD