The Art Style and Graphics Discussion

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm ( hopefully ) gonna get the game soon to see but I'm guessing by changing the time its only while your in photo mode? Also the photo mode was a little annoying in UC4 to me so I hope its actually better in this one. :/
Also the graphics are insane! You can actually see every little wrinkle in the face and everything. I wonder if the facial features are as silly as the other one I saw with her winking? :p

I just wish I had it myself already lol, I want to be exploring it too!

The lighting changes actually carry over to the gameplay, lol. So, don't forget to put the lighting back to its default setting, if you want to play the game with the lighting that the game designers intended for it. It imo looks best.

The photomode is the exact same as in UC4 unfortunately, with just a few enhancements, like lighting change and facial expressions. It's true that it feels a bit weird and unresponsive in the beginning, but you get used to it if you use it enough

The facial expressions are really over the top, lol. So much that I don't use them at all. Apart from winking there is also duck face and a couple of other cringy stuff, where Chloe really contorts her face to the max.

Oh, you will be pleased to know that this game is all about exploration. Levels are now huge and treasures, secrets and puzzles are well hidden.

Jadeinchains

The lighting changes actually carry over to the gameplay, lol. So, don't forget to put the lighting back to its default setting, if you want to play the game with the lighting that the game designers intended for it. It imo looks best.

The photomode is the exact same as in UC4 unfortunately, with just a few enhancements, like lighting change and facial expressions. It's true that it feels a bit weird and unresponsive in the beginning, but you get used to it if you use it enough

The facial expressions are really over the top, lol. So much that I don't use them at all. Apart from winking there is also duck face and a couple of other cringy stuff, where Chloe really contorts her face to the max.

Oh, you will be pleased to know that this game is all about exploration. Levels are now huge and treasures, secrets and puzzles are well hidden.

Yay! Good, My favourite parts of UC4 were the open madagascar type parts so I'll be excited for that and I enjoyed the puzzles and secrets like the treasures. And lol the duck face sounds funny but I think I'll pass on them, I'll check them out though. And that's a shame it's still like UC4's cause that was so clunky but oh well. And Yeah I'll be sure to change the time back!

Crazy_Chin_Guy

Premium Donor
Started playing Skyrim again. Downloaded some nice ENB's. Although the bland gameplay is still the same lol.
IMG_0790.JPG
IMG_0791.JPG

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Gamescom has arrived and in the coming days we'll see lots of new trailers and some announcements. Today lemme share this Assassins Creed Origins trailer with you. It is entirely CGI, which sucks and doesn't say much, but it does look visually very impressive:

Still not really excited for the game... :/

Jadeinchains

Gamescom has arrived and in the coming days we'll see lots of new trailers and some announcements. Today lemme share this Assassins Creed Origins trailer with you. It is entirely CGI, which sucks and doesn't say much, but it does look visually very impressive:

Still not really excited for the game... :/

Completely forgot gamescom was a thing and didn't even realize it was happening. :I This is the German one, right? Well hopefully we see something good then. Not sure anything I'm interested in will be shown but I'll hope.

Crazy_Chin_Guy

Premium Donor
Played 4 AC games and the first one is the only one i like, AC is getting the Tom Clancy treatment where they just pick a scenario and slap AC's name on it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Completely forgot gamescom was a thing and didn't even realize it was happening. :I This is the German one, right? Well hopefully we see something good then. Not sure anything I'm interested in will be shown but I'll hope.

Lol, Gamescom is only the biggest gaming event in the west. It's bigger than E3 actually, more publishers and developers are there, more people are attending. E3 gets more coverage, because it is especially there for the press, Gamescom on the other hand is for players.

Square Enix announced "big news" for Final Fantasy XV on Gamescom, so you better pay attention and then there is this open world action adventure that was leaked in a German magazine yesterday:

DHloHU3XgAAEcPQ.jpg:large

To get back to topic, this might actually turn aut to look pretty amazing (what you can see on these tiny, bad quality pics, lol). :) The game ran so poorly though. So much, that they had to downgrade the graphics in AC Syndicate, which played in London.

Played 4 AC games and the first one is the only one i like, AC is getting the Tom Clancy treatment where they just pick a scenario and slap AC's name on it.

Same for me. I actually liked the first, the others I didn't even try and the last one I played was Unity and that was pretty meh...Paris looked gorgeous though... The game ran really poorly though. So much, that they actually had to downgrade the graphics for the next AC, the one that was set in London.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Oops lol well good thing I know now! ;) Good I saw this then! And that looks really cute lol that little pirate samurai cat thing. :p It will be cool to see more of that. And I'll stay updated now on what happens there If It get's posted here which I guess If it looks good it will.

Argentus

i liked the first one, and the multiplayer of...one of the later ones had potential, but modern gamers are freakin idiots who think everything is call of duty, so i wound up eclipsing everyone in score without even TRYING because I was the only person who thought to SNEAK in a SNEAKING game, kinda killed the fun for me and i haven't bothered with AC since. The actual campaign modes were samey from what i've played, and from what I hear from people who still play, with the exception of Black Flag which is more of a pirate simulator than AC, the AC series has a bad case of "If you've played one, you've played em all".

Lol, Gamescom is only the biggest gaming event in the west. It's bigger than E3 actually, more publishers and developers are there, more people are attending. E3 gets more coverage, because it is especially there for the press, Gamescom on the other hand is for players.

Square Enix announced "big news" for Final Fantasy XV on Gamescom, so you better pay attention and then there is this open world action adventure that was leaked in a German magazine yesterday:

DHloHU3XgAAEcPQ.jpg:large

To get back to topic, this might actually turn aut to look pretty amazing (what you can see on these tiny, bad quality pics, lol). :) The game ran so poorly though. So much, that they had to downgrade the graphics in AC Syndicate, which played in London.

Same for me. I actually liked the first, the others I didn't even try and the last one I played was Unity and that was pretty meh...Paris looked gorgeous though... The game ran really poorly though. So much, that they actually had to downgrade the graphics for the next AC, the one that was set in London.

oh cool, rocket raccoon is in final fantasy!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Oh shit, we can finally obtain glorious FPS with immense graphical output and new look overhaul? let's not stop there. The ability to mod will transcend time and space.

You are a fool Ardyn, off the PC throne you jester. Glorious master race is here.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Oh shit, we can finally obtain glorious FPS with immense graphical output and new look overhaul? let's not stop there. The ability to mod will transcend time and space.

You are a fool Ardyn, off the PC throne you jester. Glorious master race is here.

giphy.gif

So jealous...the graphics (looking at the beautiful character models and running through the pretty fields) was basically all that I really liked about the game in the end. D:
If I had had a photomode my playtime would have doubled easily too... *sigh*

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
giphy.gif

So jealous...the graphics (looking at the beautiful character models and running through the pretty fields) was basically all that I really liked about the game in the end. D:
If I had had a photomode my playtime would have doubled easily too... *sigh*

If I was a rich man, I would of gladly bought you guys a high end PC. Speaking of which, do you consider this to be the true version of FFXV?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
If I was a rich man, I would of gladly bought you guys a high end PC. Speaking of which, do you consider this to be the true version of FFXV?

The next time I upgrade my PC in a couple of years (the one I have right now is still doing well and not that old) I will definitely spend a little extra on better gaming capabilities. I need my PC mostly for design/digital illustration purposes, so it needs to be capable but not as powerful as a gaming PC. Last time I got a new PC it didn't even cross my mind to ever use it as a gaming device.

Regarding the "true version": Lol, well, the true version of FFXV for me would finally fix the glaring plot holes, no, plot gulfs. Until that is fixed and the latter 1/3 of the game in general, it will always be an unfinished product for me. Such a shame, because as you guys know, I was so excited for the game. I was 24/7 hyping myself and you guys in the FF and graphics thread. Good times...until the game actually released. :/

Oh, they released some PC screens:

odswyc.jpg

lkneos.jpg

kqjlcx.jpg

Glorious...

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

The next time I upgrade my PC in a couple of years (the one I have right now is still doing well and not that old) I will definitely spend a little extra on better gaming capabilities. I need my PC mostly for design/digital illustration purposes, so it needs to be capable but not as powerful as a gaming PC. Last time I got a new PC it didn't even cross my mind to ever use it as a gaming device.

Regarding the "true version": Lol, well, the true version of FFXV for me would finally fix the glaring plot holes, no, plot gulfs. Until that is fixed and the latter 1/3 of the game in general, it will always be an unfinished product for me. Such a shame, because as you guys know, I was so excited for the game. I was 24/7 hyping myself and you guys in the FF and graphics thread. Good times...until the game actually released. :/

odswyc.jpg

lkneos.jpg

kqjlcx.jpg

Glorious...

Wow! The game looks amazing. That creature with a gratuitous amount of spikes is really amazing looking. I can't remember ever encountering anything like that in the game either?! Oh! And I just noticed Iris is there too. I bet that thing doesn't lumber either and is fast just to make it even more intimidating.

Altissa looks really good too although I'm still thinking of how restrictive the city is. Oh well at least it looks nice even the woman to the right that looks like a cross between a midwife and a kiosk seller. :p And Atleast the city looks good If we didn't get to see much of it.

I wasn't expecting a FFXV pc version but this looks great!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Oh well at least it looks nice even the woman to the right that looks like a cross between a midwife and a kiosk seller. :p

HkWO3MC7k.gif

Anyway...
A trailer of the long awaited (not by me, I don't care for the series, since I never owned a Dreamcast, lol) Shenmue 3 got a new trailer on Gamescom:

Beautiful environments...but WTF is wrong with those faces?!

giphy.gif

Argentus

odswyc.jpg

lkneos.jpg

kqjlcx.jpg

Glorious...

WhatImHereFor.JPG

Bout the only thing in that game that ever caught my eye, haha.

though looking at her, it's pretty funny that she just looks like your Eliot design, only with brown hair XD. Same hairstyle, too.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
though looking at her, it's pretty funny that she just looks like your Eliot design, only with brown hair XD. Same hairstyle, too.

She actually does, lol. Thankfully I can point out the fact that she wasn't revealed to be a character in FFXV yet in early 2014, when the DOA costume contest took place.

By the way...a pocket version of FFXV for phones was just announced on Gamescom! O: Wat the...?! And here are screens:

g5KJhwE.jpg

52DlvZu.jpg

OczF6cL.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
They truly want to squeeze every last drop out of XV they possibly can

Yeah, they totally do. They also just hinted at a Switch version, lol.
Now speculation starts which version it is getting. The original one of PS4, Xbone (and soon PC) or the mobile one. I kinda doubt the Switch could run the PS4/Xbone version of the game. It is a very demanding game and already standard PS4 and even more so Xbone struggle with it. The latter version already drops down to 720p resolution in some instances. What would the Switch resolution be? 400 something? That's PS2 level resolution. :/

On another note, DBZ looking good in this new Gamescom trailer:

Arc System Works really should patent their graphics engine. It is the best solution yet to bring 2D looks to 3D games. O:

bRcIoFp.png

YpJGk7Q.jpg

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD