The Art Style and Graphics Discussion

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Some more Horizon The Frozen Wilds, because you all are begging me for them. :)

37536318674_8620dc3a4f_o.png

37536321744_b7555171b8_o.png

38215388832_6d6bf2ac41_o.png

38233276392_f0eba412cf_o.png

ShinobiGuy

These are geourgous. I managed to download it yesterday, but haven't played yet. I'll hopefully get some game time today. It's so much better than assassins creed origins. I've played that a bit now and it feels more like a wannabe Horizon than an assassins creed game. It's not bad by any means, but it can't compete with this. Last assassins creed was better.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
These are geourgous. I managed to download it yesterday, but haven't played yet. I'll hopefully get some game time today. It's so much better than assassins creed origins. I've played that a bit now and it feels more like a wannabe Horizon than an assassins creed game. It's not bad by any means, but it can't compete with this. Last assassins creed was better.

I think you are going to love it. :) The Frozen Wilds is in each aspect an improvement over the already pretty damn good base game. Gameplay, graphics everything improved and extra polished.

By the way, I thought my screenshot game was already pretty good...then I saw these... o:

36592227546_f3edb5e105_o.png

36500804721_2e3bc43e47_o.png

36500802821_a7154227e3_o.png

Jadeinchains

Yeah the game is really gorgeous and Frozen wilds makes it look even better with the snow effects, It looks really nice seeing the snow get removed to see the flowers that were underneath it pushed to the side and little things like that, I took a few pictures but not lots, Those pictures are really nice though.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
These are really nice, Jade, but OMG, total spoiler alert! DDD: I was just massively location spoilered.

ljvn5.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Omg really? :eek: Which one? I think I know which one your talking about but that one was pretty early on I was sure?! Is it not?

Mostly the ones in the actual spoiler section. XD Also the first one probably, but I guess since this game revolves around a giant volcano...

horizon-zero-dawn-the-frozen-wilds-screen-05-ps4-us-12jun17

...it's kinda obvious we'll visit volcanic places or furnace themed locations. ;)

Jadeinchains

Mostly the ones in the actual spoiler section. XD Also the first one probably, but I guess since this game revolves around a giant volcano...

horizon-zero-dawn-the-frozen-wilds-screen-05-ps4-us-12jun17

...it's kinda obvious we'll visit volcanic places or furnace themed locations. ;)

Oh okay, And don't worry about the first picture that was actually just an enemy set me on fire and I took the picture as it did lol so that wasn't anything specific. Still I'll be more careful to not post anything until I'm sure you've completed it.

Argentus

Not to say the game's graphics look bad or anything, but i'm still not really seeing anything about it that stands out. After bloodborne and dark souls 3 i'm kinda giant monster'd out i guess lol.

couple of the more colorful pictures look cool like the sci fi areas and that lava pic @Jadeinchains posted look badass, but it still looks like it'd be kinda boring/generic to actually PLAY. Maybe one of those "more fun than it looks once you actually play it" but right now it's just not even on my radar because my backlog is so huge.

Is there like, an ability to hack the robot animals and control or ride them or anything? Still trying to understand the hype around that game but i'm just not seeing it. Maybe i'm just really hard to impress nowadays after having played so many games.

Chapstick

Here's some pics from my NG+ playthrough, like Tyaren's said before just about everywhere you look is a scenic landscape you could find in a painting or on a postcard and it's really been slowing me down since I'm constantly stopping to take pics

WBTDGsy.png

KK0Owx4.png

Y66jRJ8.png

& one of the frozen wilds dlc, the atmosphere of this expansion is actually making me wish winter would get here sooner lol

lj0bkQg.png

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The already beautiful character models of Injustice 2 are even more beautiful now on PC:

still.png

suicidegirl.png

somethingold.png

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Horizon is definitely one of the best looking games that's on the market right now.
Gran turismo is also the best looking racing game on the PS4 right now.
6C6F1083-58A2-4569-BCCD-E0CA7D49CEA7.jpeg

E83FFFBB-4FD1-4890-9E5B-98D2F544F002.jpeg

9A6BB853-3C26-4387-8F61-31F8BDE4F7A9.jpeg

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Speaking of Horizon, will they ever release it on the PC one day?

Also, has there been any word of the requirements for FFXV on PC upcoming? need to know if it's possible for 4K with my PC. I can go up to Ultra settings in other games (Nier, Witcher 3 etc.) but some games require more power cost than others. Steam hasn't updated the requirements for it (least not yet).

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Speaking of Horizon, will they ever release it on the PC one day?

Also, has there been any word of the requirements for FFXV on PC upcoming? need to know if it's possible for 4K with my PC. I can go up to Ultra settings in other games (Nier, Witcher 3 etc.) but some games require more power cost than others. Steam hasn't updated the requirements for it (least not yet).

Horizon Zero Dawn ever coming to PC is as unlikely as a PC version of Uncharted or God of War. They are all Sony exclusive IPs from Sony owned developers. ;)

Also an amazing gif while we are at it:

u39zjBF.gif

Regarding FFXV PC requirements:

Minimum:
  • Windows 10 w/ DirectX 11
  • 8GB RAM
  • Intel Core i5-2400 (3.15ghz) or AMD FX-6100 (3.3ghz) CPU
  • Geforce GTX760 or equivalent GPU
Recommended:
  • Windows 10 w/ DirectX 11
  • 16GB RAM
  • Intel Core i7-3770 (3.4ghz) or AMD FX-8350 (4.0ghz) CPU