The Battleborn Thread!

Argentus

Game is playable in an hour so I figured id make a thread while its installing.

A first person moba that I had zero interest in, UNTIL I took a chance and played the beta. Wound up hooked.

For those of you who tried it, who was your favorite character(s?)

What system are you getting it on?

I found myself loving Shayne, Orendi and Grelka I think her name was? The elf with the poison arm.

Got it on ps4.

My only REAL gripe about the game is that melee is a nightmare in first person, a problem from borderlands as well.

Anyone else excited?!

Hurricane Rev

I am really looking forward to playing this game as well. I absolutely Loved Borderlands 2 & the Pre-sequal. So I am having high hopes for this game. I think I will be using Phoebe in the game. I really need to sit down with the game & to learn those different type of skills and attributes in the game because right now, I am literally lost for them lool.

I tried out the beta on the PS4. I didn't play too much of it (Because I literally haven't got the free time to play anything right now) but the time that I had with it, it was really cool and I hope to know more things about the game when it arrives for me.

I will be playing it on the Xbox one though and my copy should arrive either today or tomorrow perhaps.

EDIT: My Copy arrived just now lool.

Last edited:

Argentus

I am really looking forward to playing this game as well. I absolutely Loved Borderlands 2 & the Pre-sequal. So I am having high hopes for this game. I think I will be using Phoebe in the game. I really need to sit down with the game & to learn those different type of skills and attributes in the game because right now, I am literally lost for them lool.

I tried out the beta on the PS4. I didn't play too much of it (Because I literally haven't got the free time to play anything right now) but the time that I had with it, it was really cool and I hope to know more things about the game when it arrives for me.

I will be playing it on the Xbox one though and my copy should arrive either today or tomorrow perhaps.

EDIT: My Copy arrived just now lool.

I just burned through campaign to unlock characters last night. Gonna play again when I get off work. Hit me up if ya want to team up

SpellBound

I'm really interested in this game along with overwatch. I will be picking up battleborn tomorrow

Argentus

Two major downsides though.

1) since gearbox wants everything in first person, its hard to see what the hell is going on in this game sometimes. Trying to melee is hard because good luck keeping track if enemies in your fov especially because

2) might as well be Knock back: The Games. The only thing enemies really do is pinball you around with every attack doing insane knock back so you're constantly being shoved around, and it can get really disorienting.

Argentus

reviving this because the massive winter update happened a few days ago. I know this game never really got big due to lack of marketing and having to compete with overwatch, but I still love it. Had to drop out because its team based and I couldnt get a team going again but joined a ps4 group so plenty of people to play with now.

the last of the dlc characters released with the update, and I am LOOOOVING Beatrix :). Forgot how freaking fun this game is.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I stopped playing it completely. It's a good game but far too much of it's portion went for the multiplayer. Some people (such as me) expected this one to be similar to Borderlands in terms of length and story, or having the exact same type as Borderlands while having a multiplayer on the side that's MOBA. Sadly the multiplayer aspect took away the game's potential to be one of the most funniest RPG type game. The multiplayer was tons of fun on a fair note, but it wasn't the main reason why I bought it. The comedy and humor was there but unfortunately didn't last long as I thought it would be.

Deleted it off the hard drive. Very fun game but don't see myself going back into it.

Argentus

I stopped playing it completely. It's a good game but far too much of it's portion went for the multiplayer. Some people (such as me) expected this one to be similar to Borderlands in terms of length and story, or having the exact same type as Borderlands while having a multiplayer on the side that's MOBA. Sadly the multiplayer aspect took away the game's potential to be one of the most funniest RPG type game. The multiplayer was tons of fun on a fair note, but it wasn't the main reason why I bought it. The comedy and humor was there but unfortunately didn't last long as I thought it would be.

Deleted it off the hard drive. Very fun game but don't see myself going back into it.

well it was intended as multiplayer first and foremost, so that's on you.

On the plus side, it DOES have a campaign and story mode (coughoverwatchcough), and yesterday it just released ANOTHER (4 so far) Ops mission.

So far they've released

Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion
Toby's Friendship Raid
Oscar Mike vs The Battle School
Montana and the Demon Bear.

All really freaking funny.

sadly with the winter update Meltdown got nerfed so now its over in only like 5 minutes, so Incursion is the only mode worth playing anymore. used to be Incursion and Meltdown if you wanted to really play, then Capture and Faceoff if you just wanted quick team deathmatches. now Meltdown got changed so its over just as fast so Incursion is the only real mode left.

loving the new dlc skin for Shayne that came out yesterday, too haha.

16402649_1847687628814957_7901612414858875676_o.jpg

16463717_1847687542148299_8485120904350000208_o.jpg

OMG they added in a big head mode sometime in the last two days haha

16487587_1847730412144012_4164615310077801367_o.jpg

16487769_1847730262144027_809037842859686286_o.jpg

16422782_1847730342144019_4055129665756469485_o.jpg

one of the funniest damn matches i've ever played. especially seeing Kleese's (The old man in the chair there) OH SHIT face when i pulled him in haha

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
well it was intended as multiplayer first and foremost, so that's on you.

On the plus side, it DOES have a campaign and story mode (coughoverwatchcough), and yesterday it just released ANOTHER (4 so far) Ops mission.

So far they've released

Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion
Toby's Friendship Raid
Oscar Mike vs The Battle School
Montana and the Demon Bear.

All really freaking funny.

sadly with the winter update Meltdown got nerfed so now its over in only like 5 minutes, so Incursion is the only mode worth playing anymore. used to be Incursion and Meltdown if you wanted to really play, then Capture and Faceoff if you just wanted quick team deathmatches. now Meltdown got changed so its over just as fast so Incursion is the only real mode left.

loving the new dlc skin for Shayne that came out yesterday, too haha.

16402649_1847687628814957_7901612414858875676_o.jpg

16463717_1847687542148299_8485120904350000208_o.jpg

OMG they added in a big head mode sometime in the last two days haha

16487587_1847730412144012_4164615310077801367_o.jpg

16487769_1847730262144027_809037842859686286_o.jpg

16422782_1847730342144019_4055129665756469485_o.jpg

one of the funniest damn matches i've ever played. especially seeing Kleese's (The old man in the chair there) OH SHIT face when i pulled him in haha

Alright to start off from this gullible post I see above, 1) Gearbox never told the consumers that the game was strictly multi. It was not revealed until the game was released completely. Not even in game articles etc.

2) They mentioned expanding the story but this is no different than what FFXV was doing, which is a cost practices scheme. Gearbox's strongest concept is strictly BL which they should of kept that way and people wonder why BB doesn't seen grand as most would think it would.

Argentus

Alright to start off from this gullible post I see above, 1) Gearbox never told the consumers that the game was strictly multi. It was not revealed until the game was released completely. Not even in game articles etc.

2) They mentioned expanding the story but this is no different than what FFXV was doing, which is a cost practices scheme. Gearbox's strongest concept is strictly BL which they should of kept that way and people wonder why BB doesn't seen grand as most would think it would.

1) The ads and articles never said ANYTHING about battleborn, which was one of the main problems with it. it does have both solid multi and campaign modes.

2) Eh, its doing like BL2. The ops missions are equivalent to the headhunter packs.

But they never hid that it was a primarily multiplayer game or anything. We've known that since its first announcements and teasers way back when.

Battleborn is still a solid game, whether you like it or not.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
1) The ads and articles never said ANYTHING about battleborn, which was one of the main problems with it. it does have both solid multi and campaign modes.

2) Eh, its doing like BL2. The ops missions are equivalent to the headhunter packs.

But they never hid that it was a primarily multiplayer game or anything. We've known that since its first announcements and teasers way back when.

Battleborn is still a solid game, whether you like it or not.

1) A solid campaign is not one of having one lower than the other. The campaign is by far the weakest point of the game when it's literally beatable in a few hours. Come now, we are not that gullible here.

2) There is no resemblance to BL2. The only similarities is the BL paint graphic scheme and the humor. Everything else is entirely it's own concept of leveling and resulting factor of an entirely different game (which could of potentially been it's own series if they managed to have it completely even in design and development.)

Battleborn is a "alright" game in overall reviews/gameplay/promotional/audience. Now let's provide something of a comparison.

Now in terms of "opinion". I think it's a good game with a short story. Could be longer and would have better reviews off it if it did. Now in terms of global ratings of the game that isn't based off "you". It's an ok game that has shifted in content for competitive eSports than updating the game and it's humor.

I don't make gullible posts and I don't fall for such indoctrination of a post such as yours. It's not an exaggeration hype level of gaming "whether you like it or not."

Argentus

welp the Phoebe Operations mission released, so that's the end of the first "season" though they've already started talking about more dlc down the road.

1) A solid campaign is not one of having one lower than the other. The campaign is by far the weakest point of the game when it's literally beatable in a few hours. Come now, we are not that gullible here.

2) There is no resemblance to BL2. The only similarities is the BL paint graphic scheme and the humor. Everything else is entirely it's own concept of leveling and resulting factor of an entirely different game (which could of potentially been it's own series if they managed to have it completely even in design and development.)

Battleborn is a "alright" game in overall reviews/gameplay/promotional/audience. Now let's provide something of a comparison.

Now in terms of "opinion". I think it's a good game with a short story. Could be longer and would have better reviews off it if it did. Now in terms of global ratings of the game that isn't based off "you". It's an ok game that has shifted in content for competitive eSports than updating the game and it's humor.

I don't make gullible posts and I don't fall for such indoctrination of a post such as yours. It's not an exaggeration hype level of gaming "whether you like it or not."

1) I specifically point out the campaign and Ops missions and stuff because it's still more content. Me being bias against Overwatch i suppose.

2) I was referring to how the OPS missions are short solo missions like the Headhunter packs of BL2.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD