DOA5U The Butterfly Kunoichi - DOA5U Ayane Breakdown

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I used to use 2K as an untechable, but I opt for 2P on downed opponents instead to pressure opponents into hesitating while getting up. I haven't actually bothered exploring untechables because her force techs are really that solid.

Have you explored anything recently?

Ok I see. I'm just curious lol.

Recently I tried to developped this

After a stun, I have 4 options to extend the stun : high hit, Mid Punch, Mid Kick, low hit. This way, my opponent cannot always guess right and counter ith success.

For example after a hit confirmed KK in neutral :

HH[H]

KK > H+K > 66KK4 > BT 7K 83
KK > 8K > PPPK 76

HHMp[Mp]

KK > 6PP > 66KK4 > BT 7K 96

HH[Mp]
KK > 6P > 3P > BT 4P > BT PP4PP7K 96 ???

HHMp[Mk]

KK > 3P > 66KK4 > BT 7K 85
KK > 3P > H+K > 66KK4 >BT 7K 93
KK > 3PP > BT PP4PP7K 88

kk > 4P > BT PP4PP7K

kk > 236K 58

KK > 4K > 8KKK 77
KK > 4K > PPPK 77
KK > 4K > 66KK4 > BT 7K 83

KK > 3K > H+K > 8KK > BT PP4PP7K 101
KK > 3K > 4K > 8KK > BT PP4PP7K 101
KK > 3K > 4P > BT PP4PP7K 90

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Yeah, I've been using these as well.

KK > 4P+K also leads into the usual juggles, that also includes our force tech options

Same for 66KK4/BTPP6KK4 > 4P+K.

Could you post these in the Combo Discussion thread with the damage output as well? I'll update the OP with them when I get in San Jose (on a fixed schedule at the moment).

I actually have a few more combos to update the OP with, I just keep forgetting about that thread, lol.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Pleasant surprise to find this guide on the Front Page. Thanks, Hajin, this guide is really outstanding (love the props to XDest too). Your hard work is appreciated!

An adjustment to throws:

214H+P now does 99 dmg on Hi-counter (+ environmental dmg)
236H+P also gets decent damage on Hi-counter at 90 dmg

64H+P is still beastly with the ability to now get 80+ on opponents without a wall, however I will admit that I sorely miss the FT options.

Needlessly to say, Ayane's throws are awesome now. BT H+P is even more amazing with 77 dmg on Hi-counter for a 6-frame throw.

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I believe every character forum deserves one like this. My buddy HD Kiba from the Dustloop/Blazblue community inspired me to write this up. Reading through his thorough write ups for Tsubaki and speaking with him often, felt like I should do more for my Ayane brethren as well.

RoboJoe

Yeah, sometimes I consider doing something like this for Gen Fu. I'm not afraid of posting info because it might be bad, someone else can correct it. I'm afraid that no one will ever correct it because the Fu forum has always been a ghost town. I could probably throw together a really basic guide for the character, but something comprehensive like this is beyond me. It would just be the blind leading the blind. I admit I'm envious of the Ayane and Akira forums for having lots of people, including knowledgeable players.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Yeah, sometimes I consider doing something like this for Gen Fu. I'm not afraid of posting info because it might be bad, someone else can correct it. I'm afraid that no one will ever correct it because the Fu forum has always been a ghost town. I could probably throw together a really basic guide for the character, but something comprehensive like this is beyond me. It would just be the blind leading the blind. I admit I'm envious of the Ayane and Akira forums for having lots of people, including knowledgeable players.

Yeah, I sort of...treat the Ayane sub-forums as my own responsibiliy. So I try to ensure that my section is filled with needed info for other Ayane players. And I have help from a few other Ayane players on the forums (a few here and one over at DOAW).

It's actually nice to know I'm not doing this alone anymore.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
She's actually netting 70 to 74 without a wall if she's 64H+P.

I've gotten about 81 dmg off of 64H+P before any environmental damage.

Anyway, good work again on the guide. Glad that we have someone like you this dedicated to Ayane. I also agree that essentially every character (especially the complex or underappreciated ones) deserve a true breakdown.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I've gotten about 81 dmg off of 64H+P before any environmental damage.

Anyway, good work again on the guide. Glad that we have someone like you this dedicated to Ayane. I also agree that essentially every character (especially the complex or underappreciated ones) deserve a true breakdown.

What is the combo you're using? I'd like to try it out.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD