The DOA5LR Mila General Discussion Thread

Argentus

LoL... I can taste my own foot.
Anyway the "skid".... is that what its called.... I love it..... the part I like most is that if you follow it up with the Super Man Punch it knocks the opponent face down instead of up. Setting up Mila's other mount.

I find this to be usefull in a Mila vs Mila mirror match. Since people don't know the timing for that one as much as the face up mount.
this is true. Most people don't know how to get out of the "kneeing" mounts, just the regular punching one. I don't normally follow up the skid (I just like watching the full animation lol)

And I just call it the "skid" because they are skidding backwards.

Lulu

this is true. Most people don't know how to get out of the "kneeing" mounts, just the regular punching one. I don't normally follow up the skid (I just like watching the full animation lol)

And I just call it the "skid" because they are skidding backwards.

In Mid Air and Slow Motion to Boot. ;) Team Ninja really know their stuff.
LoL I've been referring to it as the Zero-Gravity Bounce.

Edit: okay now this is weird during that specific bounce. It does not guarantee a ground throw if you knock down with:3::H+K:.... but it does if you knock down with :9::P:.... which ironically does more damage....specifically 1 measly point more to be exact... lol.

Mila's knee mount also doesn't do any explosive floor damage in the Lab Stage but her regular mount does...... and man that shit hurts.

Last edited:

Lulu

FINALY !!!!
Completed Mila's Combo Challenge..... seriously though.... out of all the people they could have paired Mila with it had to be Pai Chan ? Bad, Team Ninja, Bad. :confused:

Lulu

Is anybody Curious about making a Ground Throw Guide for Mila ? I mean when you perform a hard knock down that doesn't guarantee a ground throw from a juggle but leaves you at advantage if you go for it and miss ?

Lulu

LoL..... Mila's :6::P+K: is also a Limbo Stun as it turns out. Anybody git any ideas about how to make it work ?

Argentus

Is anybody Curious about making a Ground Throw Guide for Mila ? I mean when you perform a hard knock down that doesn't guarantee a ground throw from a juggle but leaves you at advantage if you go for it and miss ?
LoL..... Mila's :6::P+K: is also a Limbo Stun as it turns out. Anybody git any ideas about how to make it work ?
No idea. Dont know what limbo stun is

Lulu

No idea. Dont know what limbo stun is

Its that stun that makes the victim turn around and bend over backwards..... it can't be stagger escaped and it doesn't allow holding.

Usually characters have a way of triggering this type of stun from the front.... but if they don't then they have a different move they can use to turn the opponent around and trigger it from behind.

Now what hilarious about Mila is that she has the Stun but has absolutely no way of getting her opponent to turn around.

Lulu

A Limbo Stun is the stun where their body shifts into a position on leaning back with their torso body and face looking up the sky. Think of Matrix dodging bullets except you are the one in pain.

LoL.... thats so hilarious !!! LoL

Also cool new Avy ! ;)

Argentus

Its that stun that makes the victim turn around and bend over backwards..... it can't be stagger escaped and it doesn't allow holding.

Usually characters have a way of triggering this type of stun from the front.... but if they don't then they have a different move they can use to turn the opponent around and trigger it from behind.

Now what hilarious about Mila is that she has the Stun but has absolutely no way of getting her opponent to turn around.
A Limbo Stun is the stun where their body shifts into a position on leaning back with their torso body and face looking up the sky. Think of Matrix dodging bullets except you are the one in pain.
Ohhhhkay the backturn stun. Didn't know that had a name. If anything id been calling it rolling hammer after the turnaround stun from dbz games.

Jefffcore

do you mean option selects?

Try CB > 8k > p6pp > 3pp > 2p > 2T. (Make sure 2p and 2T are separate motions, don't hold down)

Or you can do 3H+K as a pseudo force tech after 3pp

3h+k will give you +19/20 if they stay on the ground, and +1 or +2 if they tech (depends on the weight class).

2p > 2T gives you +6 if they tech, and the ground throw if they don't.

Both have their benefits.

If you're playing a character that puts themselves back turned for long enough, you can do 6p+k (limbo), or 1p+k to set them up for a BT combo. 3pp is guaranteed after both.

Last edited:

Lulu

LoL.... I forgot we this thread existed.... I was posting in the 5Ultimate thread yesterday.... absolutely no response.

Anyway (copy and paste):

So everynow and then I revisit the combo challenges because I find new stuff everytime I go there.

Anyway after a Critical Burst, one challenge asks you to:
:P+K:
:6::P:
:3::P::P:
:6::P::P: (:P::6::P::P: is also possible)

Is that the maximum damage Mila can get from that Bound ?

Or was Team Ninja just testing if I could Free Cancel ?

Edit: It turns out that is the maximum damage you can get from that.... atleast I think it is..... lol it does an extra 2 Points worth of Damage..... it also creates a new Ground Throw setup:

:P+K:
:6::P:
:3::P::P:
:K:
:2::F:

Anyway I noticed not all of Mila's breakable Throws leave her at a disadvantage when they get Broken.... for example her Ground Throw on Face Down head torwards opponents leaves her exactly at +0. Which is fantastic because there is a guaranteed setup for that throw.

So uhm yeah..... now I don't have to go pick up Bayman.... GO MILA !!!:mila:

Lulu

I can't believe I didn't notice it before but Mila's :6::P: is SOOOOO BAD !!! :(

its got crappy range and its eaily crushed... the follow ups are unsatisfactory.

LoL I don't even use it at all anymore. Mila's legs are better anyway.... I'l stick with :3::K:.

Her free stepping speed is also abit slow.

Lulu

That's her only 12 frame mid. It has plenty of uses at neutral.

The thing is when I'm at neutral I always mainain R1F Distance.... I'm rarely ever that close to my opponent.

Whats weird is its also pretty crappy in the stun game too... theres only like 2 stuns that will leave Mila close enough to land :6::P:.

I'd actually be willing to have a slower :6::P: in exchange for a few extra centimetres.

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
The thing is when I'm at neutral I always mainain R1F Distance.... I'm rarely ever that close to my opponent.

Whats weird is its also pretty crappy in the stun game too... theres only like 2 stuns that will leave Mila close enough to land :6::P:.

I'd actually be willing to have a slower :6::P: in exchange for a few extra centimetres.
i dont play a lot mila because im on rig but if i wil play the character and think about her 6p i say this :
6P in 12F its pretty cool because the fastest middle punch start in 11f in the game so its good
6P have a really good recovery 19F so if you use it to test the guard of opponent its can be interresting
6P have a good delay on his follow up and you can use it to do free cancel and do pressing
6PK are safe and can use as a good poke
6PP are UNSAFE but if you use this follow up INSTUN close to a wall or something else (breakable object, fall...) its gonna be pretty interresting also recovery of the follow up are 18F ! so against some opponent little slow to react a fuzzy guard can save you to a throw punsih too slow...

yeah its a move with short range but mila have a lot of other weapon to make a "ko" (damage output, good damage on throw, ground throw, offensive hold TC, low hold with interresting frame advantage, CB garanty set up in stun,...)

if you want have more information about 6P with pro player opinion call in MP @Hurricane Rev or something unique i think these players know a lot mila.

Lulu

Well..... I still don't like it.... I started out this game playing Tina so I'm comfortable with slow :6::P:s (even though Tinas is only 1 Frame slower and its range isn't much longer than Mila's).

You know whos got the best :6::P: in the game..... This Girl: :pai:

Its 11Frames and its got good range and an interesting animation. She inches backward after performing it making it the most annoying move to be poked with.

Its the ideal Fishing tool in the game.... atleast I think it is. If mila had this :6::P: she could jump back into the Top 5 on the tier list..... I think.

Lulu

So whats the deal with Mila's :3::H+K:..... when I used after my favourite Bounding Set up: :7::[K]::5::7::[K]:.... it doesn't guarantee a ground throw..... but when use after a Dangerzone (Star Wall) I can ground throw the AI with the recovery on.

What sorcery is at work here ?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD