The DOA5LR Mila General Discussion Thread

JusTheBest29

So whats the deal with Mila's :3::H+K:..... when I used after my favourite Bounding Set up: :7::[K]::5::7::[K]:.... it doesn't guarantee a ground throw..... but when use after a Dangerzone (Star Wall) I can ground throw the AI with the recovery on.

What sorcery is at work here ?
Honestly, its better to use :9::P: instead of :3::h::+::K: after the :7::[K]: bound as it offers 1 more point of damage than :3::h::+::K: and a guaranteed :2::F:.

Lulu

Honestly, its better to use :9::P: instead of :3::h::+::K: after the :7::[K]: bound as it offers 1 more point of damage than :3::h::+::K: and a guaranteed :2::F:.

Since I play the AI.... sometimes I get lazy and just go for :6::6::K:. Its no Dragon Kick but it will do in a pinch.

Lulu

So this is Weird.... in the Stun Game.... Mila's :2::K: is inconsistent. Sometimes it gives me a Shin Stun and other times it gives me a Trip Stun.

Why does this keep hsppening and how can I control it ?

Lulu

So I was in the home stage and I just found out that if you use a threshold launcher and juggle the opponent into a breakable object.... you can't use a critical burst afterwards.

That explains alot.

Edit: I also just Found Out Mila has one Frame Manipulation Technique. Her :4::K::F::h: will only follow up with Feint :P: if you use it at point blank but using it from further ensures that her Feint :P+K: and Feint :K: can not be stagger escaped......

Perhaps I should add these to the breakdown.

Last edited:

JusTheBest29

So I was in the home stage and I just found out that if you use a threshold launcher and juggle the opponent into a breakable object.... you can't use a critical burst afterwards.

That explains alot.
Yes when that happens best option for Mila is charged 7K into 6H+K

Lulu

Yes when that happens best option for Mila is charged 7K into 6H+K

I'm also surprised just how far away Mila can use that :7::[K]:.

On average she has 50 frames of advantage when she knocks you into a breakable object..... that means you have 12 Frames to dash forward and charge the kick...... if theres a wall behind it then its totally worth the risk.

Lulu

Well this is interesting.
At first I was upset that Mila's :4::K: triggers wall splats. And then I was also upset that I could not use :4::P::P::h: Feint :P+K::6::P: as a wall Combo.

So I decided to combine my disappointments into something beautiful:
:4::K:(wall slam):F::h::P+K::6::P: (wall splat)

Now it doesn't do alot of damage compared to her other wall combos but who cares..... its fun ;).

Edit: Also regarding Mila's Power Launcher Juggle: its likely that when you land a critical burst you'l be relatively close to wall (depending on the sized of the stage. So using :3::3::P+K: as a relsunch could cause problems.

I tried using :9::K: but this requires a form of timing I'm not use to. So instead I use :6::H+K:..... why you ask...... because it looks very similar to Akira's JFK. :oops: and thats as close as I'm ever gona get to Having an Akira JFK experience.

I don't know how much damage it does though.

Last edited:

Lulu

So there I was.... getting my ass kicked by this Jack Ass: :rig:. But I had an oppertunity.... he tried to grab me but I high countered him straight into a maximum damage critical burst juggle.... sending him flying straight in to the Wagon. I followed my Dangerzone training and :6::6: :7::[K]:. After the charge kick connected I got a Bound instead of a Sit Down stun

So..... WHAT HAPPENED ? :eek:

Lulu

Hey its me again..... damn its dry as a bone in here.....

Anyway. I've been doing some some special Danger zone Juggles and I noticed moves like :P+K: and :3::H+K: don't always guaranteed Mila's Ground Throw.

The question is..... why ?

At first I assumed it had something to do with Distance because using :3::H+K: after the Generator bounce on Scramble doesn't guarantee the Ground Throw but the Star Wall does.... it bounces much further away...... however the RPG Bounce on Hot Zone is significantly further away but doesn't guarantee Mila's Ground Throw either........

:9::P: seems to be alot more consistent when it does connect..... however I don't like because it knocks down abit differently than :3::H+K:...... to give you an example of what I mean. The Star Wall on the right side of the show stage (or on the Clown's Left Side if you want me to be more specific) doesn't Bounce the same way as the one on the left side. :9::P: & :3::H+K: give the same knock down on the left side, Face Up Head Away (FUHA). But on the right side :9::P: still gives the same knock down but :3::H+K: however gives a Face Up Head Torwards Knockdown instead.... granting Mila an entirely different ground throw..... one we don't get to see often and doesn't require any special timing..... its free effortless damage.

I've had a similar thing happen in The Tiger Show while using Tina. The same move gave Tina different knock downs depending on which Tiger you hurl the opponent into. Anyway thats a minor Concern.... the ground throw was guaranteed in both Scenarios so its all good.

My concern is the Dangerzones where :3::H+K: no longer works.

Kuga

Lulu: I think nemy must be at right height in air for these moves to give guaranteed 2T.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD