The Dragon Quest Discussion Thread

Jadeinchains

I went a little crazy since it was my first day with it so I'm already 5+ hours in. That's me done playing for the night though so depending on how much you play you could catch up still.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well it's been 5 days since the game dropped! ^.^ How far is everyone? I just met Sylvando so I'm a bit slow atm but I'm really enjoying taking everything in, the game is so beautiful and I love the evolved feeling! <3 Its definitely keeping me occupied until TGS xD

Jadeinchains

I'm a good distance in I'd say and I'm loving it, I can absolutely see why DQ11 and the DQ series in general gets so much praise because from the moment I started the game I've been in love with how much charm it has, And the world and characters are just so great. :)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm a good distance in I'd say and I'm loving it, I can absolutely see why DQ11 and the DQ series in general gets so much praise because from the moment I started the game I've been in love with how much charm it has, And the world and characters are just so great. :)
Atm Veronica and her sister uh.... Idk her name but they're my favorites and of course Sylvando xD I'm trying to grind for money and such so the battles won't be tough since I was stuck on an early boss >.> Also I got a "puff puff" from two girls as well:cool::oops: I was shocked to see what that actually implied but at least my protagonist got a motorboat xD

DedUp

So far I only just got Veronica and Serena into the party. I was playing with the 'No Shopping' Draconian Quest but I restarted so I could also add the 'Super Strong Monsters' one as well. These option have made the game more enjoyable for me since fights are more dangerous and exploration is more rewarding when you can't just buy your equipment and healing items at the store. I'm thinking that I probably should of also added the 'No Fleeing' Draconian Quest as well since every time I need to run from a fight, the enemy blocks me and it ends up in a party wipe anyways.

This is the first modern Dragon Quest game I've played and it's really great the way it holds on to the old school sensibilities of the series. It makes me really glad that I decided to start getting into the series.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I applaud anyone who's skilled enough to use that draconian setting stuff, I'm too nervous to try tbh xD also Someone needs to come take my game copy of Tekken 7, maybe Jade or someone can step on it since every hour in I get the urge to practice in Tekken and I need to focus on DQ xD my attention span with games is gonna be my downfall real talk >.>

DedUp

I found that with the tougher monsters I could usually do okay with normal fights, but sometime a fight composition might have more/unexpected enemies which could occasionally lead to a party wipe. I did have problems with the Griffin twins but figured out a strategy to get me the win. Now I'm fighting the big scorpion and I've hit a brick wall. He has a couple of attacks that damages the entire party which leaves my healers desperately trying to keep up with the damage being done and his tail attack is usually enough to kill one of the party with no way to resurrect them yet in the middle of the fight. Using Veronica's debuffs helps a bit but I still can't get his life out of the healthy white range. I think I'm going to have to break down and grind some before taking him on since it appears level 14 characters just aren't cutting it with this guy.

Edit: Well with a little grinding and some luck I finally brought him down. Almost everyone was up to level 18 (Serena was still at level 17) and I gave Erik the poison dagger ability which did a lot of good work. Erik and Veronica still got taken out but with poison taking its toll, Sylvando making his attacks and the main character and Serena getting to use their Pep ability near the end that ups their defense and healing ability, we pulled through.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Can someone help me, does anyone know how to beat those bitches Jade and Rab in that tourney? They're ridiculous, Rab heals large amounts and is forever putting me or Vince asleep and Jade keeps attacking and don't have a chance to recover. I'll change this message if I figure a way to beat them but I've already lost 4 times and I want to really jump them because I'm so annoyed...

EDIT: I think I figured it out, my HP in its current state won't cut it so I'll just keep level bringing my main character until I'm in a safe range. I'm also buying better equipment so I can take Rab out first

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Continuing to play this game and honestly I feel like I can say this is one of my favorite jrpg's I've played now, The world and characters are just so good. ( also the outfits are great, I'm happy that there's a lot )

( I'll put this in spoilers for others that aren't where your talking about yet )

I'm guessing you've beat them by now but yeah I just aimed for Rab when I was doing that fight against them, You can unfortunately get super unlucky in that fight if Vince acts like a moron and keeps acting the opposite person from you, Or at least that's how I felt about him since I was trying to gang up on Rab.

DedUp

I just recently finished this fight myself.
I decided to focus on Jade as she seemed to be the main one dealing damage. I basically played fairly conservatively, making sure that my HP never got too low and Vince was usually pretty good to hit me with the Strong Medicine when I needed it. I did get lucky though when at one point my HP was low and Jade went for a foot sweep, which missed, instead of another attack which would have killed me. Once I finished Jade off, Rab went down pretty easily as he had depleted his MP and was resorting to his weak cane attacks. I think I was level 24 when I did this fight.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah I was finally able to beat them, for whatever reason Vince finally got a brain cell and focused on Rab like I wanted him to do xD I thought that was all it was gonna take to get Jade but.... I won't spoil it for anyonr but no one told me SPIDERS were going to be in the mix 0.o

just_me

Standard Donor
Well, I think I'm done with the game… cleared everything including post-game content. The final boss isn't even that easy at max Level and good gear. Though it's not like I actually thought about party composition or anything like that… I got almost all trophies just playing through the game, so I might try to get the remaining 4 to platinum the game.

Really liked the game overall… though the story, gameplay and even the UI are really… traditional XD Some UI elements look like something from RPG maker.

edit: got the Platinum… wasn't that bad, just a few collectibles and waste some time on the slot machines.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Has anyone passed the game yet? I think I'm close to finishing but idk if there's more to do post game after this final fortress xD

Jadeinchains

Oh opps I forgot to say but yes I just finished up everything about a little less than a week ago. :) Absolutely loved it and it's definitely one of my fave jrpg's now, Who knows when we'll hear about DQ12 but I'm 100% a DQ fan now and will be following it's development whenever we hear about it! :)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Oh opps I forgot to say but yes I just finished up everything about a little less than a week ago. :) Absolutely loved it and it's definitely one of my fave jrpg's now, Who knows when we'll hear about DQ12 but I'm 100% a DQ fan now and will be following it's development whenever we hear about it! :)
Was there anything post game you had to? Or are you basically just free to sandbox like the GTA games do once you pass? XD also you were NOT lying when you said the outfits were good, Serena's dancer outfit and Sylvandos outfit I have as my avatar are definitely my faves <3

Jadeinchains

I don't want to say anything specific lol about it but If you want to know If there's stuff after the story I'll just very non specifically say in spoilers ( but without actually spoiling anything )
Yes, yes there is lol, There's stuff more to do after in post game. :)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't want to say anything specific lol about it but If you want to know If there's stuff after the story I'll just very non specifically say in spoilers ( but without actually spoiling anything )
Yes, yes there is lol, There's stuff more to do after in post game. :)
Thank you! And also sorry if I "outed" you spoiler wise, I'm just finally happy I'm almost done with it xD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It took two months of max level grinding but I finally beat tge game today, I burst into tears like twice during the final moments xD

I really hope they make a follow up game since it was amazing from start to finish!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD