Community The E-Mann Interview

E-Mann took out some serious competition last month at Absolute Battle 5, beating Master and Sweet Revenge on multiple occasions. His Helena and Christie are vicious, and this man is on fire. Let’s read what he has to say.

10711103_806398836069057_6917915833352270271_n.jpg

DOAN: How do you feel about your recent tournament win? Taking out Master, and Sweet Revenge out of a tourney is no easy task.

E-Mann: I agree it wasn't easy; words cannot describe how awesome I felt when I won Absolute Battle 5. It’s been ages since my last tournament win. It’s not a walk in the park to take out players like Master and Sweet Revenge ESPECIALLY with Helena, a character they both have major experience fighting against thanks to XcaliburBladeZ and Mamba in recent tournaments.

DOAN: What was your favorite moment at Absolute Battle other than your win?

E-Mann: My most favorable moment had to have been when Master switched his character to Jann Lee. I was so anxious and excited to see how he would use him, and it was definitely an interesting change from other Lee’s I’ve played.

DOAN: How long have you been playing Dead or Alive?

E-Mann: Started DOA in 2010 online and attended my first tournament event in 2012 which was D.I.D. 8 in Dallas, TX.

DOAN: Over time, how do you feel you’ve improved with DOA5 and how long did it take to you transition from Vanilla mechanics to Ultimate mechanics?

E-Mann: I feel I’ve improved at a considerably fast rate compared to most in DOA5, having plenty of high level friends to spar with on a daily basis. I’d say it takes me at least a month or two when a new version of a game releases to get more comfortable when playing, due to my aggressive and consistent force teching fighting style (yea I said force teching lol).

DOAN: How do you mentally prepare to fight against pro players like SR and Master? What’s the secret to beating players like them?

E-Mann: Preparing to fight players like Master and SR takes some really good mental preparation. You are talking about a Legendary Ryu player who knows the DOA world like the back of his hand, and is known for pulling out mind-game tactics that are unheard of, and a veteran Gen Fu player who’s held onto one of the longest tournament streaks ever… taking out top players both In and out the United States. I’d say the main reason why I personally was able to mentally prepare for them is because of all the local tourneys we’ve had over the course of time.

The secret to beating Master and SR… that’s a tough one, considering they both can adapt instantly to any situation that comes their way. My best advice is to learn what attacks your particular character has that can stop their own particular characters. For ex: Gen Fu’s 3p can be stopped by Helena’s 236p or 8p and will put him in a lift stun. Or if Ryu does his hand stand attacks Helena can BKO duck under both second options and interrupt him.

DOAN: What’s your favorite match-up in Ultimate?

E-Mann: Favorite matchup has always been Akira vs Kokoro (though it is rarely seen).

DOAN: What do you think of Last Round currently, and what additions do you look forward to trying out?

E-Mann: I believe it will certainly be a change of pace and I’m really looking forward to testing any new setups, strings, safe or unsafe moves, and HOPEFULLY any new ground game they may give the characters.

DOAN: Which characters do you think need balance adjustments the most whether they be buffs or nerfs?

E-Mann: I’m actually not the type to ask for buffs or nerfs unless it’s something that is clearly unadaptable to and extremely brain dead. Ex: Rachel’s insane stomp right after DOA5U’s release, an infinite, and even Helena’s vanilla 33P4P 6P wake up game. One more thing was how Bayman and Kokoro have the EXACT same 7K kick but only Bayman’s tracks…..very strange to me…..

DOAN: When is your next tournament?

E-Mann: Likely will be Final Round 18 and a 50/50 chance I’ll make KIT in January.

DOAN: Any shout outs?

E-Mann: Giving a shout out to my favorite DOA and rl pal M.C. Kwiggles LOVE YOU BUDDY! YOU’RE AWESOME! ;D. Shout outs to SweetRevenge and Master can’t wait until we duke it out again! shout outs to my all my good buds who cheered me on, Lokki, Rendering Star, Virgin Knight, Panicists Tylor, His Reverence, CrazySteady, Trump King and too many more to name! ;D

To the community: All you need is confidence. ^^ Not over confident or you will get owned, see ya! :D

Last edited:
Pffffft your favorite matchup is Akira vs Kokoro but you rarely ever picked her when I picked Akira.

Lies.

And yeah, shoutouts to the @E-Mann

Pffffft your favorite matchup is Akira vs Kokoro but you rarely ever picked her when I picked Akira.

Lies.

And yeah, shoutouts to the @E-Mann
That's because we rarely played you bijj lol. Also you always have that hiatus thing going on. :/

Yall wanna know E-Mann's secret of beating MASTER and SR? He use his psychic mind reading powers to become the mind fucker monster and wait for it............being too cheap -____- LOL.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD