The Eternal Heroine's Top 10 Moves!

Allan Paris

Once we all can come to a collective decision. I will update the OP with her top 10 moves along with the description of what they do.

I already know of at least 3 but I'll wait until everyone else tries her out.

Keylay

:P::P::6::P::K:
I used this in DOA4 because it's safe. You're left at -11 but there is gap between you the opponent so they can't throw punish you.

:6::P::K:
Her fastest mid and it's safe on block

:3::3::K:
Safe launcher. You're at disadvantage if blocked but it leaves a gap between you and the opponent so they can't throw punish.

:F::+::K:
I rarely used this attack in DOA4 but now that it causes an unholdable stun, I'll be using it a lot more. She can get a few guaranteed attacks after it and it can't be held by the opponent.

:4::F::+::K:
It causes sit down stun. On normal hit it doesn't guarantee anything but on critical hit, you get a guaranteed launcher with :3::F::+::K:

:4::P:
Good poke

:3::P::P:
It's a natural combo so they can only hold the first hit. It's best use will probably be for getting Critical burst I suppose. If you stun the opponent and then do this move. You can get CB in the next attack.

:9::K:
Cartwheel can only launch the opponent after you build up the critical threshold but it's still a good attack and can be used against opponents on the ground.

Doug Nguyen

Do you have more to add to the list of safe moves for Kasumi. I always getting throw punished since they block all my attacks.

Allan Paris

You're still going to get throw punished. She's still unsafe as shit. Some of her moves you really have to respect the follow-ups so you'll get away with those. Other than that she may have strings leaving her at -7 making it so that only grapplers can punish her.

When we all get to play the game her moves safe/unsafe wil be broken down in here so we can figure out her top 10 moves.

Keylay

You can add two more safe moves to the list: :3::K: and :6::P::P:. They both leave Kasumi at a disadvantage but with a gap so the opponent can't throw punish.

I found a move that leaves you at 50/50.

:4::K::K:
It leaves you at -5 on block and you have two options. Go into a crouching guard which will protect you against 5 frame throws, low attacks, and high attacks or go into a standing guard which will protect you from mid attacks, high attacks, and low throws. The second kick causes ground bounce if the first kick connects so you can do :4::K::K::Link::P::P::7::K::6::P::+::K::K::K:. On normal hit, the second kick causes a sit down stun and you can follow up with a BT :4::P: to launch the opponent but not very high. The opponent can sidestep after blocking the first kick and punish though.

It doesn't work against characters with 4 frame throws which include Tina, Lisa, Bass, and Hayabusa.

Murakame

have you guys tried out her sidestep kick? It could just be that people mash alot but after throwing out a few safe pokes like her jabs and mixing that in with her movement I've gotten a few hits. its -9 on block and launches on counter hit but its 31 frame startup....

Allan Paris

That kick 3H+K was once good and now it's not. It no longer crushes and is unsafe. So the chances of hitting someone with it are very low. That's the same kick she uses as a SS attack.

I do nominate 66P as a top 10 move.

It causes a deep stun on normal hit, it's a good whiff punisher, it has a follow up that guarantees attacks from her teleport. 66KK is stance dependent from it you need to be in an open stance to get it. I will double check on the stance again to be sure. The punch from the teleport P+K is always good, though. It never misses.

Murakame

for pokes Id say 4P, 6P. both of these stun on counter hit and the follow up to 6p pushes them back so you might be safe. Critical burst combos off these two did 100+ damage. I haven't tried any normal combos though.

I'd also like to mention her 9P flip.It causes a guard break and from there you can teleport and do a mixup, but its risky. for example if they block the kick I can follow up with teleport P and it will catch them if they are pressing buttons. If they block teleport P kasumi is at -7 but if the block is anticipated teleport throw will catch them.If 9PK hits just use teleport KK or P+K because teleport P is whiffing for me.

Here's something else too. The second hit of her 66KK can be held.Do you guys think that it would be possible to bait holds from a stunned opponent using just 66K? there's nothing to lose by trying to bait the hold because 66K already extends the stun. If the move actually can be used to bait holds the opponent will start to respect 66KK followup and that's another possible sitdown stun added to Kasumi's arsenal. Also 8P is up there. Crushes lows and is -5 on block.

The second kick causes ground bounce if the first kick connects so you can do :4::K::K::Link::P::P::7::K::6::P::+::K::K::K:.
you can extend that a bit with a :2::P: before :P::P::7::K: and ending with :P+K:. its one more point of damage lol I haven't seen if any more damage can be gotten from it.

I'd also like to mention her 9P flip.It causes a guard break and from there you can teleport and do a mixup, but its risky. for example if they block the kick I can follow up with teleport P and it will catch them if they are pressing buttons. If they block teleport P kasumi is at -7 but if the block is anticipated teleport throw will catch them.If 9PK hits just use teleport KK or P+K because teleport P is whiffing for me.

Here's something else too. The second hit of her 66KK can be held.Do you guys think that it would be possible to bait holds from a stunned opponent using just 66K? there's nothing to lose by trying to bait the hold because 66K already extends the stun. If the move actually can be used to bait holds the opponent will start to respect 66KK followup and that's another possible sitdown stun added to Kasumi's arsenal. Also 8P is up there. Crushes lows and is -5 on block.
I've been messing around with 9PK more and found that the elbow is the worst option; at least against someone fast like Kasumi. Evasive crouching pokes stop it. Also the grab after :6: :P+K: followup can be crouched even if they block 9PK. So the best option is :P+K:. On hit this will do damage and on block it leaves Kasumi at +1. the opponents only response to :P+K: is a hold. When you see the opponent is starting to hold then :6::P+K: throw becomes a threatening option because of hi counter damage. Throw should be safe because IMO mashing buttons after a blocked P+K is the worst thing thing they can do. I'd rather take no damage.

Allan Paris

You're using 6PK incorrectly if you are constantly being crushed out of it. Most crushes in this game will only crush highs while some of them still have the ability to crush some mids and its not many of them that can. That elbow is not only 1 of the fastest mid punches in the game it's also great for poking. If a move is going under it then you should check the distance in which you are trying to apply the move. That elbow has no range to it and should be used at close range at all times.

6PK puts blocking opponents out of range of hitting her but leaves them close enough for her to hit them if they decide to attack after blocking.

Murakame

You're using 6PK incorrectly if you are constantly being crushed out of it. Most crushes in this game will only crush highs while some of them still have the ability to crush some mids and its not many of them that can. That elbow is not only 1 of the fastest mid punches in the game it's also great for poking. If a move is going under it then you should check the distance in which you are trying to apply the move. That elbow has no range to it and should be used at close range at all times.

6PK puts blocking opponents out of range of hitting her but leaves them close enough for her to hit them if they decide to attack after blocking.

You might be right about the teleport elbow after 6PK; I always hit P as soon as I do the :6::P+K:. Is there ever any reason to do 6PK and not follow up with a teleport move?

Allan Paris

I mean I wouldn't do it. You cannot teleport from 6PK at all. So you're going from one move to a completely different one.

If you found a way to keep someone to stand still long enough for you to do 6PK and then follow up with one of her teleporting moves. Then by all means do it.

Murakame

You're talking about 9PK or :9::P::K: right?
yeah the move that causes guard break. lol holy shit i feel like a idiot ive been calling it 6PK. you guys must have thought i was talking about elbow then kick follow up. my bad! so yeah the teleport elbow after :9::P::K: isnt hitting them unless they are trying to attack you but its -7 if blocked. P+K is advantage on block but can be held.

Murakame

Are people holding out on their recommendations lol? I'll list a few

Punches

PP
Its a natural combo and you have quite a few options from it. you can go for the 2K or 6PK extenders or free cancel and try a grab. 2K is a good stun you can use to continue pressure, but some players are lame and try to mash out of PP2K, and the 2K ends up getting hitting as a counter hit which sucks because there's not much you can do when the opponent is knocked down except watch out for a wake-up kick.

3PP
This is flat out her best counter poking move. Despite it being her slowest mid at 13 frames, they can only hold the first hit unlike 4PP. It works wonders for building up the stun threshold.

4P
This move is godly. It has some range on it and stuns on counter hit; It's how I start most of my combos with her. Just don't 4PP unless 4P connects on counter hit. 4PP is unsafe and the second P can be held, so limit its use to mixups during stun.

6P
This is a fast mid and you can follow up with the K for a knockback that makes Kasumi safe. Occasionally you can finish 6PK with 2K for a quick low but don't abuse it. 6P also stuns on counter hit.

66P
Whiff punisher and stuns when it connects.

2P
This is fast and beats highs.

Murakame

Kicks

This beats lows.

A standard Mid range poke and I believe it stuns on counter hit.

This move is slow but it gives you the same stun from PP2K, so it can be used to begin pressure.

H+K
One of her only normal hit combo starters and causes unholdable stun for 15 frames I believe if they safe escape. 4PK is a guaranteed launch if the stun threshold is not at the max, and 6K works if they do not SE. It also has mixup in forms of a low kick or a hoshinpo transistion.

Throws

33T
97 points of damage on hi counter!!!

236T
Its a launching throw and you have some good options from it...like starting an untechable combo for frame advantage or the vortex. It's the easiest way to start it as well because there's no reason you shouldn't be able to land this throw with Kasumi.

Murakame

Special Moves
9PK

This is too good to not use. On hit you can go into an untechable combo to get your frame advantage or start the vortex and on block you can attempt a mixup of P or Throw.

3 P+K
This is good to use against turtles. The P follow up causes sit down on hit and the throw is 65 points of damage.

Ridge

Special Moves
9PK

This is too good to not use. On hit you can go into an untechable combo to get your frame advantage or start the vortex and on block you can attempt a mixup of P or Throw.

3 P+K
This is good to use against turtles. The P follow up causes guard break and the throw is 65 points of damage.

Good info Murakame but I dont think I totally agree with you on 3 P+K. Or at least Im not understanding it. When I use the P follow up Im not getting the gaurd break on block. Is it that animation that makes them crouch a little when they get hit by it? I expecred a gaurd break like something from 9PK with the follow up P+K on block. Either way good stuff man,

Murakame

Good info Murakame but I dont think I totally agree with you on 3 P+K. Or at least Im not understanding it. When I use the P follow up Im not getting the gaurd break on block. Is it that animation that makes them crouch a little when they get hit by it? I expecred a gaurd break like something from 9PK with the follow up P+K on block. Either way good stuff man,

I actually need to test it out more because the guard break from it is inconsistent. But when it happens you'll see the opponent sort of get knocked off balance for an instant. I wouldn't rely on using it as a guard break. If you expect the opponent to block use the throw instead. Use P if you are attempting a long range whiff punish or trying to beat out incoming attacks.

Keylay

I actually need to test it out more because the guard break from it is inconsistent. But when it happens you'll see the opponent sort of get knocked off balance for an instant. I wouldn't rely on using it as a guard break. If you expect the opponent to block use the throw instead. Use P if you are attempting a long range whiff punish or trying to beat out incoming attacks.

It doesn't guard break. It causes that knock back animation on normal hit. On critical hit, it puts them in a sit down stun.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD