The Eternal Heroine's Top 10 Moves!

XxSakuraLuvaxX

Believe it or not, a certain known troller Kasumi player in 4 and 5 figured out a pretty amazing tactic.

6P2K - If the 2K hits, it's extremely common for the opponent to hold/block. A 33T will cover the distance.

9KP - If 9K hits on the ground (psuedo force tech), delay the second P until they get up- if it hits, you get a sit-down stun and if blocked, -2.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
:P:
+9i jab
+Start up of her P strings
+Nice exchange with PK
+P & the P strings has nice tick throwing options (with 6T & 236T)
+Few strings have guaranteeds (PPK etc)
+Free cancels into other options

:6::P:
+11i mid
+Safe option with 6PK (tracks, -12 on block, but lot of push-back)
+Interrupts lots of her opponent's start ups & transitions
+Launching option of 6P6K (guaranteed from 66T~T & H+K in certain situations)

:4::P:
+12i mid
+Ducks under most of her opponents strings (crush properties)
+Nice juggle ending options (4P2K, 4PKK) & a launcher being hit confirmed (4PK)

:4::H+K:
+Sit-down stun
+-6 safe on block
+Guaranteed options (3P, 3PP, 4P, 6K, 6KK, P+K, & 66P options)
+Wall splats
+Bounds
+Guaranteed after breakable objects
+High bounces as a follow up after you free step after CB or ceiling hit

:H+K:
+Turn around stun on CH
+Tracks
+Transitioning options
+Guarantees 9K, 66P (with 66PP options), 4PK, 33K & 6P6K (both of these in certain situations)

:426::F+P:
+12i Launch throw
+Best throwing option for misholding
+Has strong juggling follow ups
+Good as tick throwing option
+Ceiling hits with juggling options
+Guarantees a powerblow on ceiling stages

:6::6::K:
+Whiff punisher
+Stuns on CH
+2 follow up options after it (66KK, sitdown stun that bounds unsafe at -17 on block & 66K~K sitdown stun that also bounds, safe on block at -3)
+Both 66KK & 66K~K wall splats for a follow up
+Situational follow up after 3PPP, 66PP6+KP, PPPPPP. Hard to react to. The opponent has to SE it in time before reacting to it.

:6::6::P:
+Stuns on CH
+Whiff punisher
+66PP options as a follow up
+66PP guard breaks

:2::P:
+12i low
+The move itself is self-explanatory on block

Honorable mentions
K, 66T, P+K, 6T, & 3P

I was killing time before I went to a meeting about my next college enrollment, got bored, ran up on this thread & went ahead & listed the ones in my opinion. If I'm missing out on something in terms of other tools, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

JusTheBest29

Here are 10 of Kasumi's best moves imo in no specific order.

P
9i frame jab and goes into strings and options

6PK
Practically safe chain that can't be throw punished and can be be followed up by 1P, P+K,, and K to create a critical stun

H+K
Causes a turn-around in a critical stun and can be followed up with 6P6K, 2K, and 6K. Using Hoshinpo after H+K can be used to rush in on the opponent.

Good force tech. Can be used as a bound on counter and critical level 2 and 3.

4P
Great poke thats a high crush along with amazing followups like 4PK and 4P2K. Just a good poke to throw out in general

66P
Whiiff punisher. Great for causing stuns, 66PP guard breaks and can be linked into Hospinpo.

Whiff punisher. Stuns and 66KK has a sit-down stun. 66K~K is practically safe on block

Main low that's used for stuns and good for building pressure

P+K
Tracking mid that's best used imo in stuns to use Hoshin after and leave opponents confused

236T
12i frame throw which launchers opponent into the air for multiple followups.

If you think there's another move that you think is good that I missed feel free to reply. P.S Kasumi needs an OH

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I really don't know why people would risk a lot of potential damage with 2K after H+K. H+K 2K into a CB isn't worth going for imo when you have H+K 9K which is guaranteed in place of 6K that was guaranteed in vanilla. H+K 66P is great also. You're giving your opponent another chance to make a good defensive read when you don't even have to with that. Especially now since H+K is also holdable. H+K 66PPP+K is great because it's a force tech for people who slow escape with +8 with nice options after. So losing out on the damage in that case is worth it. Even 33K as a situational (guaranteed against the wall) is better than going for that. By you going for that, you're pretty much bailing them out when you don't even have to. I mean yeah sure, you'll say it's "a CB" it's nice if land it, but she has better ways of setting one up than that & an opponent can catch onto it.

I mean IDK what you're doing, but I'm also not trying to sound like I'm singling you out. I hope that you don't take it that way & my bad if it did come off that way. I was posting so everyone would read because I've seen tons of people use it. A lot of which that people use it to no avail to good players. Now in vanilla, it was a situational along with 6PK 2K into a CB from 66T~T but they took it out. Maybe it's just me who thinks that way about it. Maybe people know something that I don't. IDK, but I don't see why it's being used so much with the other options that she has from H+K.

4H+K I listed because not only it's safe at -6, it has various ways that it can be used as I mentioned above. With so many ways that it can be used, like H+K, I don't see how it's not one of her Top 10 moves. It can even be used to create some space.

JusTheBest29

I really don't know why people would risk a lot of potential damage with 2K after H+K. H+K 2K into a CB isn't worth going for imo when you have H+K 9K which is guaranteed in place of 6K that was guaranteed in vanilla. H+K 66P is great also. You're giving your opponent another chance to make a good defensive read when you don't even have to with that. Especially now since H+K is also holdable. H+K 66PPP+K is great because it's a force tech for people who slow escape with +8 with nice options after. So losing out on the damage in that case is worth it. Even 33K as a situational (guaranteed against the wall) is better than going for that. By you going for that, you're pretty much bailing them out when you don't even have to. I mean yeah sure, you'll say it's "a CB" it's nice if land it, but she has better ways of setting one up than that & an opponent can catch onto it.

I mean IDK what you're doing, but I'm also not trying to sound like I'm not singling you out. I was posting so everyone would read because I've seen tons of people use it. A lot of which that people use it to no avail to good players. Now in vanilla, it was a situational along with 6PK 2K into a CB from 66T~T but they took it out. Maybe it's just me who thinks that way about it. Maybe people know something that I don't. IDK, but I don't see why it's being used so much with the other options that she has from H+K.

4H+K I listed because not only it's safe at -6, it has various ways that it can be used as I mentioned above. With so many ways that it can be used, like H+K, I don't see how it's not one of her Top 10 moves. It can even be used to create some space.
I don't normally use 2K after H+K mainly because of the reasons you've mentioned above. But I use it sometimes because most of the people I fight don't stagger escape or just don't expect it and if people do hold after the 2K there's always a hi-counter Oboro for a lot of damage.
As for 4H+K... I'm not even sure why I forgot this move. I agree with everything you said about this move because it is pretty amazing.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
I don't know, but I would rather add :8::P: to my list. i20 mid punch with deep stun even on normal hit. Relatively slow, but is save on block (-5), tech-jumps immediately over low attacks and works against dumb evasive stances like Helena's BKO. Can be also used as whiff-punisher. (This move is underrated imo).

I'm not going to list all moves I consider as her top-one's because they are almost the same as JDE's, except the one I mentioned, which I would chose instead of :4::P: or :6::6::P:. :3::K: is another candidate for that place, but yeah ...

Btw, why is 4P guaranteed after 4P, @JDE? xD

Tenryuga

I'm suprised :3::P: isn't in more lists lol. Y'all are using a character that thrives off counter hits yet you won't list the one mid that has two free hits (both with good stun) for landing one on both CH and in stun? Let's not forget :3::P: delay :P: either as a blockstring or :3::P::P: leading into the elbow that allows a :6::6::K:.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
I'm suprised :3::P: isn't in more lists lol. Y'all are using a character that thrives off counter hits yet you won't list the one mid that has two free hits (both with good stun) for landing one on both CH and in stun? Let's not forget :3::P: delay :P: either as a blockstring or :3::P::P: leading into the elbow that allows a :6::6::K:.

:3::P: is too slow to be used primarily as move for counter hit attempts. For me, it's not more as a stun extender and, like you are say, start-up for a delayed string that results in a more unsafe string on block as :6::P::K: (because of it's push back), therefore no top move from my point of view.

Tenryuga

:3::P: is too slow to be used primarily as move for counter hit attempts. For me, it's not more as a stun extender and, like you are say, start-up for a delayed string that results in a more unsafe string on block as :6::P::K: (because of it's push back), therefore no top move from my point of view.

13i is fast enough to counter strike when players are at disadvantage or free cancelling. Granted it is her slowest mid but yeah this move definitely does not have speed issues.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Ok yeah. That was a typo. Thanks for catching that. lmao

13i is fast enough to counter strike when players are at disadvantage or free cancelling. Granted it is her slowest mid but yeah this move definitely does not have speed issues.
Double post because the edited button wasn't working for me on my laptop. I was torn between 2P, 3P & P+K in the last slot. Yes, 13i & the deep stun is amazing along with the use of 4H+K, negating low holds, & launching at max stun, but 2P I thought was great because the 12i low crush & how annoying it is when you're in their face near the walls or in other situations. I did however list those as honorable mentions with 66T, but in all honesty, 6T could be even be listed as an honorable one too since it's a 7i punish throw that is annoying with P, 2P, PP (tick throw). Maybe even more annoying than 66T. That 5T & 236T are your best options for tick throwing.

I don't normally use 2K after H+K mainly because of the reasons you've mentioned above. But I use it sometimes because most of the people I fight don't stagger escape or just don't expect it and if people do hold after the 2K there's always a hi-counter Oboro for a lot of damage.
As for 4H+K... I'm not even sure why I forgot this move. I agree with everything you said about this move because it is pretty amazing.
That's true too. It's just you have so many options to the point that you don't even have to take that chance. I would agree with you about her 8T going back to an OH.

Allan Paris

See here's the thing, I can list 10 moves but I am lazy and I do not feel typing the reasons for each one. I know it's in the OP but if you guys don't mind, can I list the moves and come back to them another time?

JusTheBest29

See here's the thing, I can list 10 moves but I am lazy and I do not feel typing the reasons for each one. I know it's in the OP but if you guys don't mind, can I list the moves and come back to them another time?
It's fine with me. We get to hear your opinion on this topic either way.

Allan Paris

:6::6::H+P:

:4::P:

:6::P:(:K:)

:3::3::K:

:P:

:4::4::P:

:3::P:(:P:)

:4::H+K:

:H+K:

:2::P:

When it comes time to put the list together that we all can agree with, I have no problem with taking my oddball attacks out that you may see and going with the majority.

UprisingJC

1.6PK - It is highly delayable and safe, tracks, stuns on NH on a crouch opponent.(In vanilla it didn't and left her at -1). Ideal move for following with 44P.

2.3P - Her main deep stun extender and also can be used to retaliate to stop the opponent from SSing due to the follow-up 3PP being fast(i11) and highly delayble.

3.H+K - No need to explain I guess...

4.8T - One of her anti-mid-wake-up-kick and anti-SSing tools. Even though it doesn't catch her opponent after he/she gets up from the ground, Kasumi is still safe for most of the time due to the distance between them after she jumps over her opponent. Sometimes using 3P+K9PT can be a surprised to the opponent.

5.4H+K - It guarantees any mids that execute in 16 frames and have a long-enough reach, covers a long distance and is safe on block.

6.33K - Low-risk when getting hit(but not always, with a correct timing she may get a hi-counter hit...), safe on block. Another ideal move for using 44P afterwards.

7.44P - Aside from her SS P, this is also a choice for a Kasumi player to use when being at disadvantage.
1.Safe on block - -3 and there're follow-ups after it.
2.Tracking
3.Stuns on NH and it's a deep stun.
4.You can use 44P6P sometimes.

8.P+K - One of the fastest and best SS moves in-game.

9.66T - 70+ guaranteed damage afterwards...

10.236T

I don't know, but I would rather add :8::P: to my list. i20 mid punch with deep stun even on normal hit. Relatively slow, but is save on block (-5), tech-jumps immediately over low attacks and works against dumb evasive stances like Helena's BKO. Can be also used as whiff-punisher. (This move is underrated imo).
It's not a deep stun. +14 at least and +22 at most.

Last edited:

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
Kinda thought 66PP would be in more lists. Can the opponent crouch the second P if they block the first? Other wise, it's like her only good guard break.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD