The Fall Classic 2014 Tournament Experience by MC Kwiggle

Mr.Kwiggle

Well now that I finally have a moment to make this post..here goes :D This past weekend had to have been one of the most memorable events in my life. Knowing that I was going to get the chance to once again see all of the doa community and my friends has had me excited for weeks!

The best part of doa isn't just playing it with your friends online, but actually meeting them in person and having the opportunity to hang out with them. Anywho who missed this tournament missed probably the best event today for doa5u as well as the good times and memories made this weekend.

First I would like to give a special shoutout to Tom Lee for supporting the game and community as he has. He is such an amazing person and fun guy to be around. Meeting the big man himself that is the creative director of your game...jeez there's know other way to describe it save for calling it awesome lol. I would also like to thank his partner Tani who also came down and got to hear what our feedback was. He really appreciated hearing what the doa community has to say about his game and that we have discussions about more than costumes lol

Now them onto the friends, between electrified Mann, xcali, chosen1, @Sly Bass, master, sweet revenge, shade swifteye, Allan Paris, lopedo, Matt Ponton...the list just goes on and on., sorry for not tagging everyone . Nothing can compare to hanging out with you guys. It is always such a pleasure to be around you all and talking about various things. A big part of what makes the tournaments so enjoyable is just seeing how well the community gets along offline and knowing that no matter what happens in the tournament, it's all in the name of good fun and making memories with each other. Now then on to the tournament...

The first day of dead or alive 5 pool play was absolutely insane. There were so many matchups that I have dreamed of seeing that unfortunately were not all able to make on the stream. Some of the most memorable moments would be fights such as hajin shiniobi vs mr wah and sweet revenge vs something unique. This is the reason why you all need to make an effort to make it out to these tournaments. The amount of progress and training the doa community has made and put in definitely showed Saturday. People were ready to bring their A game this tournament. One of my favorite players from this weekend is ninjacw. The way he was playing nyo tengu was ridiculous and he clearly showed that he has what it takes to compete with the pros by taking out sweet revenge. The matches all the way up until top 8 couldn't have been any more intense and were all filled with high levels of competition.

The top 8...well as you all saw my first fight in top 8 didn't go to well. I was completely unprepared to fight when my name was announced as I thought they were going to do the losers bracket first. My little brother came in hot off of playing injustice while I'm over here trying to process that I'm the first match of the day so as I attempted to warm up against he was already at 100. No excuses..I got bodied free..lol was completely and utterly not in the fight at all. BOOM 2-0......

Hold on a minute....did I just lose..........to my little brother oh hell no...wtf!!!!!!!! What is going on the world!!! The guy that I make rage at home just bodied me my first fight!? Didn't help that I had friends who never watched me play watching that fight......oh I was mad but it was all good....now I have a target AHAHAHAHAagwovdlabfkelbfe)-@;&,!>[=*}ۥ'c...(ahem) sorry
So as I silently plotted my sweet revenge (haha see what I did there ) I looked at who I would have to face in the losers bracket. Gehaktbal and lopedo.

When lopedo sat down in the chair next me we made eye contact...immediately started dying lol we already knew this fight was about to be random as idk what and that it whatever happened, someone would either be losing or gaining the title "BEST IN THE WORLD!!!!!!" After defeating Rachel, Jann Lee made an appearance but was overtaken by vampire Christie one step closer to my target...

So when going up against gehaktbal it was very unsettling. I had only seen him fight so many times during the tournament and was very unfamiliar with how he played. I had no idea what to expect, and when I saw him out Zack on the screen I was like oh wth where's Rachel lol as the rounds went back and forth I slowly started to realize a pattern and used it to my advantage. After defeating gehaktbal it was time to watch my little bro fight Excali.

During there entire fight I was watchin waiting to see excali lose (sorry buddy lol) but you were in the way of me and my target. As I watched them go at it back and forth I was almost certain my brother sonic fox was about to win..then the horror..he lost...my target just lost...my little brother just lost.....what happened to grand finals rematch I was so vividly picturing in my head??? Can I still call him a target...what do I do...console??...body him ???? I don't know. As me and him got into I was still angry from out first fight. In what came down to a very close set quickly turned into a quick 2-0 lead in my favor. Yoytah this Marie ho!!! Lol as he was looking mighty stressed and didn't know what to do he went for Christie. I told him to calm down, you're going to lose but it's alright just stay calm, you won injustice, let me win my game lol so after he stole the first round with Christie I quickly proceeded to 3-1 him knocking him out. Ggs lil bro still the king of injustice tho!!! Now then Cali...

Now this is a battle you all have seen time and time again. That cheap little thing..his mashy Helena and alpha..my cheap M C co leader...I couldn't have asked for a better grand final...
As the battle ensued I was met with the only character that outdoes me in length of strings. I was making some on points reads counter the floating jello left and right. I guess I got a little too counter happy..B.U.R.S.T.....B.U.R.S.T. Again...B.U.R.S.T everywhere!!!!!!! omg if my head explodes into that ground one more time!!! Where's the critical burst!!!!! He was trying to prevent the reset so bad but I was coming for blood. This was my tournament..I wanted it...I've been workin for it...after resetting the bracket he made one last effort to bring that mashy cheap Helena out but Christie was ready for the kill.

After beating him in the grand finals I had the biggest sigh of relief...my hard work and time had paid off. I just won the biggest doa tournament to date and doing it after being sent to losers first match. The feeling was almost euphoric as I looked at the crowd and and everyone cheering for me. I did it..I won..I just couldn't shake the feeling of awe. I would like to thank everyone that came out and supported this event and made this one for the books. The level of competition was at an all time high and I couldn't have asked for a better tournament. Shout outs to Big E, Shin Blanka, Team Ninja, Team sp00ky, and Pwnit.com for making this event possible!!! this is the age of Christie

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Want to give this a thumbs up. Keep doing your thing out there man, let no one stop you.

EDIT: Also kwigs, you can tag them from the tournament if you add the @ and then the name together, it should pop up.

Last edited:

Kronin

Again congratulations for your victory @Mr.Kwiggle! If I've to say the truth, I was cheering for Xcal in the end... lol, sorry don't kill me XD Nothing against you, it's just that I like too much how he can be so versatile with his characters. But your performance with Christie was exceptional too, the final was surely an awesome match really exciting for the show that you and the opponent were able to put in scene. You deserved the title and I'm glad that you ended to got a such recognition in what very likely will remain the most important tourney of the DoA5U age! ;)

Last edited:

Intelligent Alpha

Yeah, the tournament this year was completely ridiculous! You guys were on point! Congratulations, again! To condense all of that into a few paragraphs ... don't know how you did it! Blowing that PL (actually, that's not as bad as people think; the cross-under is wide open!). Tip my hat to Xblades, too! He stayed in there!

Mr.Kwiggle

Yea idk why the pl whiffed there's like no timing to it and it just whiffed for no reason lol but yea I tried to got every aspect ofthe tournament this weekend. Think I did pretty good lol

Chaos

Mr. Kwiggles Christie is too..... damn....... STROOOOOONG! LOL

Anyway, Spending hours improving your skills really pays off, congratulations! :)

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Mr. Kwiggles, you are definitely my favorite DOA playr atm. If I was able to make it out, I definitely would have been starstruck and would have asked for an autograph.

Zeo

I was heartbroken when I found out at the last minute that I wouldn't be going as I knew what kind of event this would end up being. Despite that it was amazing to see and you looked like you had a blast. Nothing made me happier than to see a friend of mine bring home the gold.

But be ready, I look forward to meeting you all hopefully in last round and being there to shake things up even more!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD