The Fight Stick Thread

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I know that it's been a while, but I thought I would upload my TE2 stick & then my new Hori RAP4 stick (what I use now).

Attachments

• My Stick mod.jpg
    My Stick mod.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 500
  • Mai stick art complete.png
    Mai stick art complete.png
    753.9 KB · Views: 610

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Finished my Fighting Edge. Custom parts, joystick Sanwa JLF with 2lb tension spring and octogonal restrictor, Seimitsu buttons, all bought last year on a vacation trip in Japan, in Akihabara Shop "Mak Japan".

And here is my weapon, with Ayane custom art...

I hope you like it, :)

Greetings

Nice. I have the black Fighting Edge. You would also be able to make the buttons light up with custom buttons (you could make it light up purple along with changing the LED light to purple too). Seen videos in shops where I go.

Manjimaru

Standard Donor
Yes, it's something like that...

jsdSq6O.jpg

But it's too bright to play. I prefer to play without lights.

I also have a Korean lever CROWN 309.

Is a fantastic lever for 3D games, its return to neutral position is instantaneous. Maybe better than SANWA JLF for 3D games. For 2D games i prefer Sanwa JLF moded with Kowal actuator, 2 LB spring and octogonal restrictor but for 3D games I feel very comfortable with CROWN lever.

In the end it's a matter of feeling comfortable and natural with the game, and it is a different thing for each person.

Greetings

Lulu

fight-pad-pro.png

So the Madcatz (Rest In Peace) SFV Fightpad Pro just became $60at my local store. And I spend more time playing FG than anything else. I want something thats more reliable than my default controller.

So what do you guys think about it ?
Will it last longer than my Xbox Controller ?

Lulu

Quick update.

So I took the plunge and ordered the Fightpad Pro... okay maybe it wasn't so much a plunge because I emailed loot asking them exactly which version of that controller they had... the original version apparently had the worlds worst D-Pad in existence. So really even if it was 90% off it still wouldn't be a good deal because I heard it was unusable...

After I emailed them the product listing was updated ad it seems like the controllers they have in stock are the new revised ones with a more familiar D-Pad, I won't know if its the right one until Tuesday but sure it must be.... right ? They can't *#$# This Up... can they ?

Lets hope it all works out.

Lulu

Finally Got My Fightpad (The Bison One)... ayt so first impressions.

This thing is huge.... which I'm fine with because I'm a former Xbox Owner so my bones have already been condition to just deal with it.

The D-Pad doesn't require as much Force to press... this is great because it only takes 30 Minutes for my 360 Controller to make my thumb ache.... hopefully having a Softer D-Pad will let me play longer... especially with Charge Characters.

The Face Buttons... now the first revision of this cobtroller had an issue where some buttons would stick.... they would just stay embedded in the controller after pressing them.... I haven't had this problem.

The Face Buttons aren't as round as the ones on the 360 Controller so your thumb hits the button nice and flat, you don't get that uncomfortable pressure sensation from the convex shape of rounder buttons.... this also means that pressing buttons that are beside each other like O & X at the same time is a teeny tiny bit more Consistent. Now... the buttons aren't so flat like on Sony's DS3 to the point that the edges are basically 90 Degree Angles that prevent you from easily sliding in between buttons... the socket around the button is also slightly caved in to make sliding easier.

The Triggers (Yes, a Fightpad with Actual Triggers) are just like the D-Pad... soft and easy to press.... they don't resist as hard as both the 360 & DS3 Controller.... I can also confirm that The Triggers will register as Buttons within the System so even if the DeadZone in the game is somewhat high, you will still get a solid button input so long as you pass the Deadzone within the Physical Triggers... I don't know how senstive those are.

Touch Pad is exclusively a PS4 Feature so nothing I do on it registers on my Computer... the Touch Pad Button does work though.

Oh and one last thing.... the button order isn't identical to the one on the 360 Controller... basically what I'm saying is; Square is A, Cross is B, Circle is X... and so on.

prototypetom

I've been quite happy playing pad - but looking at my Q4 under my tele is making me a bit sad now i'm back on the FG train. Got next to no budget atm... But I see these ps3 to ps4 usb dongle things on amazon. Do they work? they're about £30 which i could justify... if it works. the website (brocks or something?) lists the Quanbas.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I've been quite happy playing pad - but looking at my Q4 under my tele is making me a bit sad now i'm back on the FG train. Got next to no budget atm... But I see these ps3 to ps4 usb dongle things on amazon. Do they work? they're about £30 which i could justify... if it works. the website (brocks or something?) lists the Quanbas.

Comes down with the quality of the stick. Most of the cheap ones don't last long from what I hear. Think if it came down to the minimum numbers for sticks on a huge lifespan, probably anything above $80.

prototypetom

Comes down with the quality of the stick. Most of the cheap ones don't last long from what I hear. Think if it came down to the minimum numbers for sticks on a huge lifespan, probably anything above $80.

Sorry. I wasn't clear - I HAVE a pretty good stick (imo) , Quanba Q4 which suited my investment in the games on Ps3. I've read about a product that would make it work on my Ps4 - a Brock ps3 to ps4 dongle thing. I was wondering if anyone had experience of these things? I can't afford a new stick atm, but i could afford this usb adapter thing - if it works properly.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Sorry. I wasn't clear - I HAVE a pretty good stick (imo) , Quanba Q4 which suited my investment in the games on Ps3. I've read about a product that would make it work on my Ps4 - a Brock ps3 to ps4 dongle thing. I was wondering if anyone had experience of these things? I can't afford a new stick atm, but i could afford this usb adapter thing - if it works properly.

Ah gotcha, the Brook converters yeah. I tried them at the events and they are pretty solid, only issue is adding more latency timing for gaming on the stick but it's not a huge issue. Hardly noticeable if anything when I tried it (depending on the stick attached to it I guess). I don't own one, but I tried one with a stick and had no long problems.

The ones I'd avoid I hear are the CRONUS MAX converters. Apparently those things mess up the USB slots on the console for malfunction. I never tried those so I wouldn't know if it was true, but they are also banned at tournaments.

Manjimaru

Standard Donor
Hori Rap V purchased in Akihabara, very good price.

First take off original artwork:

Buttons Sanwa "Gun Metal Grey" and "Metallic Gold":

Joystick Sanwa customized with 2 lb spring, Kowal 1mm actuator, octogonal restrictor and extended shaft. My "Perfect Sanwa" configuration:

Finished:

"Viewlix"...

"Noir"...

"Fighting Edge" is another level...

Last edited:

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Someone help me design a hitbox for stoners — we’ll call it a “hotbox.” I want to be able to smoke in between matches and during tedious supers. Should be tourney legal at Evo, right?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD