• Yes!

Votes: 59 71.1%
  • No!

Votes: 24 28.9%

• Total voters

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Anyway, there need to be a set up ban at SJ and TFC if it's not patched by then. Simple as that. There also NEED to be a patch to this for the sake of online, because let's be real, just because some of us hate online doesn't mean it doesn't matter in terms of support, and we don't need scrubs ruining online for other players just because a ridiculous set up.

Also, I see people blaming "TN". Don't blame a game company just because they can't find every little "bug", no company is going to deliver a "perfect" game in that regard, it's up to us as players to discover shit, too, and since Gen Fu was largely over looked in Vanilla this is what happens.

The question should be now "how" can this be patched without ruining the character? This should be the next step addressed to TN so we can prevent a bad patch as much as possible.

Tenren

I really still dont believe people who dont go to tournaments should get a vote. Either way I feel TN will patch it soon. Same with milas down punch infinite in vanilla. It was patch fairly quick after it was found along with some other bugs at the time. If Matt feels it should be patch then do so. He knows Fu better then me. The odds of me actually ever landing this in a tournament are prolly slim to none. I wouldnt take time to practice it. It will prolly be banned till its patched. Im voting no just to troll lmao

gnooz

Banning a move is so stupid like banning a character. DOA5 sucks badly confirmed again. They should patch this if it is serious, make a patch thread instead.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
It would be like Americans voting on German legislature.
Even still, what about those casual players who could fall into this infinite and be turned off by it? Surely even tournament players can see the value of a non-competitive player's input on the subject matter.

Brute

Standard Donor
Even still, what about those casual players who could fall into this infinite and be turned off by it? Surely even tournament players can see the value of a non-competitive player's input on the subject matter.
They are free to make their own rules regarding it if they can actually come to a consensus on the matter.

This thread is dealing specifically with how it will be handled in a competitive tournament setting. Thus, those who are involved in and affected by the competitive tournament setting should be the ones whose votes matter.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
This thread is dealing specifically with how it will be handled in a competitive tournament setting.
Then it would be uncompetitive for this infinite to be allowed in a tournament setting, because not only would it be an unfair advantage, it would be boring to watch.

Brute

Standard Donor
Then it would be uncompetitive for this infinite to be allowed in a tournament setting
That's for the competitive tournament players to decide.

Though it's looking like that is what they decided anyway. Reactions to this are pretty one-sided across the board. It's not like anyone's voice is being drowned out, since they're all saying pretty much the same thing.

Zanistor

Personally don't think an infinites sghould be allowed in competitve play, particularly in a fighter that lacks a decent damage drop off.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Well, I mean, it's not technically an infinite combo. It's just an unblockable setup that resets into itself, so combo scaling doesn't really matter.

The matter's already decided for weeks, though.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Well, I mean, it's not technically an infinite combo. It's just an unblockable setup that resets into itself, so combo scaling doesn't really matter.

The matter's already decided for weeks, though.

Technically speaking it somewhat is. The answer to that...is that we Humans have the possibly to wiggle out certain things that the computer isn't programmed to do. The CPU is programmed to SE on fastest as well as guard in a standing position. This is a late response I know. There is a way to get out of it though...the computer just isn't set up to do it. Even easier to get out from a slope situation.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD