Should it be banned?

• Yes!

Votes: 59 71.1%
  • No!

Votes: 24 28.9%

• Total voters

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
The next patch for the game will likely be when TN releases NyoTengu to consoles. That will very likely be before TFC, but not SJ. Can GenFu be banned at SJ8 until he is properly "patched"?

Yurlungur

The next patch for the game will likely be when TN releases NyoTengu to consoles. That will very likely be before TFC, but not SJ. Can GenFu be banned at SJ8 until he is properly "patched"?

And leon while we're at it due to his infinites too because it would be really stupid banning a bunch of stages.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
And leon while we're at it due to his infinites too because it would be really stupid banning a bunch of stages.

Leon's is pretty dumb and definitely needs to be patched out, but GenFu's is still dumber and can be done on any stage. Coupled with his usual bullshit makes things even worse.

SweetRevenge117

Standard Donor
Force of nature if they ban the entire character from a tournament thats stupid. Ban the infinite not the character. Come on now.

Allan Paris

If you know how to get out of it, it'd be nice to share that on a thread where the info is relevant...

I honestly do not see it's relevancy because you are losing 50%+ from it anyway. Whether Gen Fu resets the stun or not the character is dead.

If there a way out of it, it would be nice to share it. This can also lead to further testing.

There is nothing further to test with it. You either get reset or you don't, either way your character of choosing is dead.

1 of 2 things need to happen, either it gets banned which it is looking that way or TN goes in and fixes it some time in the near future. This issue is not that hard to solve as a community or for the dev. It's not hard to say, "Hey these setups are broken this reset is banned from tournament play, until TN fixes it". Why this has reached 3 pages and more to come without that I have no idea. The moment I saw it,"broken" was the 1st thing from my mouth. You all need something discuss which I am trying to figure out at this point. Ban it until it is fixed, simple.

This has been in the game since vanilla and it not a current problem that came with the recent patch. It's not just a v1.07 problem. Since TN patches the game like crazy it is hard keeping up with things. This was over looked back then and now it is exposed so they can fix it.

Me saying that I can get out of it (after the 2nd reset) was to clear up that it is not an infinite. Losing 50%+ in the process you might as well take the reset. Once he is done juggling you you have little to nothing left to combat him.

Brute

Standard Donor
A way out would turn it from an infinite into a braindead 75% combo, which are two very different scenarios.

You've been asked multiple times if you'd be willing to share this elusive tech and every time you either ignore the requests or deny sharing what you know.

When you ask: "What am I hiding?" I can only interpret that as sarcasm, because it's quite obvious what StrikerSashi was referring to.

Allan Paris

I am slow escaping and ducking. You are still going to deal with it online because you die once you are caught in it. That's all that matters.

Is this issue that perplex? I mean we are creeping up on 4 pages of a discussion to a topic that I am trying figure out. From discussions FB, FSD, to a couple vids showing it, and we still won't ban it?

Ban it. End thread.

Requiem

I am slow escaping and ducking. You are still going to deal with it online because you die once you are caught in it. That's all that matters.

Is this issue that perplex? I mean we are creeping up on 4 pages of a discussion to a topic that I am trying figure out. From discussions FB, FSD, to a couple vids showing it, and we still won't ban it?

Ban it. End thread.
Thanks for the info, nonetheless. It's noteworthy regardless, even if it remains more or less effectively a full life combo. I agree that a decision has pretty much been made; if people want to talk more about it, their business.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Just going to say @Allan Paris , I've checked it myself. You are not able to stagger escape into duck unless the person mistimes the combo. If they don't mistime it then it's guaranteed.

The 66P would hit you mid as you're turning around ducking (5 frames to do so), but since you obviously are staggering off 9P then they're mistiming the link from the PPP to 9P.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Yo, on some real shit. I laughed so hard that I cried myself to sleep watching the video (& left my FSD account up in the process). xD. For the people who keeps saying "Ban Gen Fu": NO.

Don't blame Gen Fu as a character overall. That's just absurd. Ban the infinite setup. Just fix the setup in the next patch & that's it. Don't nerf him into the ground. Leon's too. That just seems like the better thing to do.

Allan Paris

Just going to say @Allan Paris , I've checked it myself. You are not able to stagger escape into duck unless the person mistimes the combo. If they don't mistime it then it's guaranteed.

The 66P would hit you mid as you're turning around ducking (5 frames to do so), but since you obviously are staggering off 9P then they're mistiming the link from the PPP to 9P.

I am telling you I am ducking out of it. Even when timed correctly, I've had SR do it to me more than once and unless he does not know how to do his own setup then I guess I can't get out of it. I have also taken it into sparring myself and done it, been doing it for the past week. I am also not turning around and ducking.

I don't care at this point because it does not matter. It won't be allowed in tournament play (hopefully) and most likely will be patched in the near future.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD