The Genra Thread

SilverForte

At this point as long as he returns in spirit, I wouldn't mind. I just want his gameplay back. If they did something similar to spartan that would be alright.

Kronin

Like promised I gave a contribute for requesting Genra and/or his moveset tweeting Team NINJA about it: https://twitter.com/Kronin1/status/706157898628526081

This time I did something slighty different trying to create a sort of not serious meme, overall because the material wherewith work is very limited in the case of Genra (it's not easy to get screenshots from DoA3 or Dimensions as for the other games, more the artworks available about him are few).

Anyway I think that it's better than nothing, not that I'm expecting to see the character in DoA5LR (I think that there are chances for more stages after Azuchi, but not for more charas after Naotora), but just for giving evidence that there are some fans of Genra out there that would like to see at least a development of his moveset in the next game.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Here's a quick little something I put together. An edit of my avatar, featuring Osamu Saka and the two DOA villians he provided the voices for. That man can do one hell of an evil laugh. It would be great to hear him do it again before he passes. The guy is 85, as of this posting.

Osamu Saka DOA.jpg

https://twitter.com/Forlorn_Penguin/status/707792299531436032

Last edited:

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
At this point as long as he returns in spirit, I wouldn't mind. I just want his gameplay back. If they did something similar to spartan that would be alright.
Pretty sure the new character has at least one of Genra's strings (PPP). Hmm, just the big swing (6PP and BT 4P) but totally ripped from Genra.

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Came upon this DOAO image of Bankotsubo doing Genra's DOA3 stance. I guess someone pasted Genra's DOA3 data over the tengu.bin file in DOAO. It should be possible to put it into DOA2U as well, but I never thought to do that myself. I can only imagine it'd just be a glitchy mess though. Still, it was interesting to see. The stance makes him stand lower than normal, causing his tengu-geta to clip with the ground.

Thought I'd share.

Tengu-Genra stance.jpg

SilverForte

Heya so I came up with some stupid tech today. Turns out after the 6pp crumple stun, you can do a 5t or 2t, and still have enough time to get them with any move that is 19f or faster. This means a launch or 9p lol. This basically means that if they hold after 6PP, they get thrown, if not, they still get hit by the followup. This character is retarded.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD