Community The History of EVO: A Five-Part Blog

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Hey guys, Virtua Kazama here.

As you guys may know, EVO 2015 is just a couple days away. For the DOA community, of course DOA5 Last Round will be there as a side-tournament and as part of the Battle Royal 2015 series. More people are expected to enter after the success of last year's side tournament, thanks to Team NINJA's support.

To celebrate the occasion, I have conducted a 5-Part blog of the history of EVO Championship series from B3: Battle by the Bay, to EVO 2015. The blogs will be on Destructoid.com.

Part 1: B3: Battle by the Bay-EVO 2002 (Now Available)
Part 2: EVO 2003-EVO 2005 (Now Available)
Part 3: EVO 2006-EVO 2009 (Now Available)
Part 4: EVO 2010-EVO 2012 (Now Available)
Part 5: EVO 2013-EVO 2015 (Now Available)

A friendly reminder: EVO 2015 is this weekend. Be sure to tune in to the Bifuteki stream to watch the Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, since it is part of the Battle Royal 2015 Series.

If you want to take a look at the scoreboard, it's right here. Hope you guys enjoy it!

And to everyone that is going to EVO 2015, good luck and play hard! Oh, and get those points!

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
After seeing all of that Third Strike footage, I really hope that Capcom brings back the tech bonuses for SFV. I always thought that was a really cool mechanic.

petopia

I think EVO 2005 forgot about a stigma during an EVO x MLG event, boos were made during the finals of a Halo 2 event.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD