Balance The Karate Master

TakedaZX

Before that, we need to talk guys.

To begin, #BuffEin brothers. The topic of importance this morning is 8P.

I've been very reluctant to allow this move to be a sit-down stun and it's because I was afraid of making him too powerful on stun to launch. Recently I've collected data on the other characters around him. I lost it but Mila, Ayane, Hayate, Hitomi, and Ryu seem to put Ein to shame on stun to launch. It's kind of made me have a change of heart.

If CH 3P, 8P were to guarantee 33K, he'd get 97 damage. If 33K is guaranteed, you'd better bet your ass 3KK is as well. 3KK would net him 100 damage instead, and if close enough to the wall, he'd be given the gift of 3K(W!)K, PP6PK which would tag anywhere from 15 to 20 points of damage top of the set up. This tops out at 114. With the damage buff to 8P on top of that, you can add 3 more points to all of the above set ups.

This works out.

Problem is, now Ein is left without a true mid punch launcher. 9P is neglected for a reason.

I was thinking, maybe instead of giving him that 3KK situation, how about the sit-down stun be Ryu 214P status. The SD stun will push away taking away the general mix-ups allowing 8P's advantage to be moved up to +20 if it needs to be, where after he can follow up with a new launcher (236P+K) which is a cross of animation between Leon's 214P and Ein's 3P.

It'll result in similar combos to 33K but the raw damage will be 25 on NH.

Just ideas guys. What do you think?

Tenryuga

I don't care what is done. Just as long as its better than Ayanes stun launch. She already has keepout and whiff punishment skills miles ahead of him and is better than him at close range. Now she has to outdamage him too? Gtfo with that man.

LightSonic

I think 8P having a sit-down stun would be a nice idea. I was actually thinking the same thing when I was playing with some Ayane and Hitomi's a couple days ago. His stun to launch is just bad compared to those two. :/

TakedaZX

He's trash. Alright guys, I'm altering the list. Half of the shit in the bottom is coming up and half of the shit up top is getting improved. I already took 3K on NH from +18 to +23 again. Why? Because Ryu gets his 6K to stun on NH for +40. It shouldn't be as big of an issue for Ein to have his at only +23 because he doesn't get any of his launchers for free. Not even 4K or 3KK will be free until CH+.

8P is becoming a SD stun. Fuck what everyone else says.

4P+K is getting a solid guard break, none of this +5 nonsense. If this was DOA4, MAYBE. Fuck this shit.

46K SHOULD BE +5 for him but I'm gunna settle at +3 at WORST. Got dammit.

He's getting some guaranteed BT stuns and I'm gunna even mention set ups into a free CB.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Here's a few things that has been translated so far on Ein's 1.04 changes:
New taunt: :214: :214: :H+P+K:

4P+K has gotten a damage buff (not too sure by how much though
5T is now 48 dmg
6T is now 55 dmg and 65 on HiC
214T is now 62 dmg
33T is now 70 dmg and 80 on HiC and has a new SFX
1K is now -8 in NH
2T is now 55 dmg
66T does 40dmg
3T now does 50 dmg

There's a couple things more but I don't think any one has translated them just yet.

As you can see, for the most part #BuffEin was a success! :ein: TORIYAH!!

Last edited:

Tenryuga

Our crouching has become faster as well as 4P+K. 33T got a change in sound effect (FUCK YEAH!). Overall our damage output is increased and we get a new taunt in addition to those things. None of his other issues were addressed however but I'll take whatever I get because its all buffs.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Yeah, they apparently fixed the issue with 33Ts input as well so people should fear it because not only is it alot stronger but we should be able to get it as we should. time to practice HiC 33T baits.

UpSideDownGRUNT

SRK has released fully translated patchnotes for each character.
THis is Ein's:
  • 214214H+P+Kor4APL: Added “Koi!” taunt
  • 4P+K: Start-up changed from 38-71 to 33-48F. Damage increased from 40-60 to 50-70.
  • 1K: Advantage on normal hit changed from -7 to -8F.
  • T: Damage increased from 46 to 48
  • 6T: Damage increased from 53 to 55. Wall 6T: Damage increased from 63 to 65.
  • 214T: Damage increased from 63 to 65.
  • 33T: Damage increased from 66 to 70.
  • Wall 33t: Damage increased from 76 to 80.
  • 2T: Damage increased from 52 to 55.
  • T on rear-facing opponent: Damage increased from 57 to 58.
  • 2T on rear-facing opponent: Damage increased from 62 to 65.
  • High P, High K, Mid P, Mid K, Low P, Low K Holds: Damage increased from 55 to 58.
  • Jump P, Jump K Holds: Damage increased from 60 to 63.
  • 66T: Damage increased from 35 to 40.
  • 3T: Damage increased from 45 to 50.
  • 33T: Hit sound effect changed.
  • Fixed issue where the frames for stand/crouch were slower than other characters.

UpSideDownGRUNT

The best change is that we shouldn't have problems with his 33T input and WRK anymore, since they apparently fixed 33T inputs and made crouching better. And 33T does alot more damage now 33T is definitely his best throw now especially against a wall.

Number 13

Yeah things could have been worse. Won't change my turtling zoning style unfortunately (his close range game is still mostly booty), but I at least get slightly better damage rewards now.

Last edited:

Zeo

It's not enough... but it's something I guess. It addresses the couple of throw damage issues he had at least.

TakedaZX

Yea. Frankly this isn't a "buff" situation. It's normalizing him with the rest of the cast. His throw and hold damage is the same as it was in DOA4 where life was 240. Everyone else's throw damage is a lot higher than it was then. Now he's finally hopped on that train which is why I'm not impressed. Also there were no damage improvements to his strikes. I can deal with this though I think if 6P+K becomes a regular strike again, it should receive the damage buff.

The crouching change was another addition to this "normalization" of Ein in this game so that he could be considered on par at his BASE with the other characters. Other than that, the taunt and 33T sound are good changes for "that's cool" but they're not buffs to anything except the players morale.

The 4P+K change was necessary. That thing was way too slow just to get the max advantage.

His 1K change was a NERF in reality. It just makes it easier for people to duck out of the high punch.

His core issues still remain untouched. Until then, I won't accept this as a true step over the line from Ein tier.

Anyway, @Zeo. I have something to run by you about 1K2K and 2KH+K that we talked about the other day. Get on skype when you have free time.

Zeo

The changes are not final. The changes are in the loketest phase and subject to be altered.

Calling all Ein players, the tweet, various changes to the character in the finalized list, I don't care, but TWEET TWEET TWEET and RETWEET to Team Ninja's twitter. We NEED to get that information out there. There is still a chance to get at least a fraction of the Ein we want but we may never get another chance like this. Things are changing now and we need to take action. Let's go people!

TakedaZX

The changes are not final. The changes are in the loketest phase and subject to be altered.

Calling all Ein players, the tweet, various changes to the character in the finalized list, I don't care, but TWEET TWEET TWEET and RETWEET to Team Ninja's twitter. We NEED to get that information out there. There is still a chance to get at least a fraction of the Ein we want but we may never get another chance like this. Things are changing now and we need to take action. Let's go people!
^This

Also here's a little information on why 1K6P was nerfed. You probably never noticed it but 1K6P cannot be instant crushed by a 2P. I went to the lab and tried it on NH. When I didn't delay it, 1K6P hit on CH ever time. When I delayed it by 1 frame (which simulates the 1 frame change in disadvantage on NH), 1K6P was instantly tech crouched.

This change makes absolute sense.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD