The King Of Fighters XIV Thread

Banana56

The King Of Fighters 14 was revealed today at Tokyo Game Show and it will come out in 2016

15_kof14.jpg

15_fourteen01.jpg

15_fourteen02.jpg

15_fourteen03.jpg

15_fourteen04.jpg

15_fourteen05.jpg

Zeo

A slightly refined version of the MI series look. Guess SNK finally got tired of all that hard work drawing every frame and went the easy route.

synce

Nice to see the series isn't dead but I'd rather have the neogeo sprites over PS2 models and animation.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Keep in mind that it's coming out to Japan first. Of course since PS4 is region-free, no one is gonna care since they will buy it regardless.

I just hope it doesn't end up like KOF12.

d3v

Looks horrible. Model quality looks like a late 7th-gen budget title.

Stages seem to have bad textures and low polygons. Nothing in this screams "I have to be on PS4".

Animations are also looking meh for now.

Meanwhile, that stage seems to hint at 3D movement, which doesn't belong in a proper KoF game.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Meanwhile, that stage seems to hint at 3D movement, which doesn't belong in a proper KoF game.

I disagree with this, though the camera angle is different in each shot, they look to remain on a linear plane. I don't see them going for 3D movement in this one, just they tried making it more cinematic for the trailer or the moves are cinematic on hit, most likely the trailer though.

d3v

I disagree with this, though the camera angle is different in each shot, they look to remain on a linear plane. I don't see them going for 3D movement in this one, just they tried making it more cinematic for the trailer or the moves are cinematic on hit, most likely the trailer though.
Well hopefully that's the case. But what we've seen so far stinks too much of Maximum Impact.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Looks pretty awful. It is very possible the gameplay will set it apart but the look of the game is just off putting right now.

Shiranui

I'm really excited for a new KOF, but I'll confess this is not what I expected. I don't know why I thought the game would look amazing, with a nice cartonish/manga style like SFIV or a pretended 2D anime looking like GGXrd. But no. It's a mix between realistic and anime style, very similar to Maximum Impact, but in a very awful way. Grey/cold colors, bad illumination, no ambient feeling, terrible BG, poligan models, unexistant art direction... I feel really disappointed.
Still, I'm pretty excited to see how the game is (gameplay, characters, MAI SHIRANUI, history, etc) and see if they improve what they have shown in TGS2015. I really hope it.

Yurlungur

Keep in mind that it's coming out to Japan first. Of course since PS4 is region-free, no one is gonna care since they will buy it regardless.

I just hope it doesn't end up like KOF12.

Speak for yourself, raiden surfboarding on elizabeth was amazing

d3v

So aside from those two, rekka versions of Iori and Kyo are confirmed as well. So we have 6 characters, considering that the first trailer showed their non-rekka versions?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD