The lack-of-stagger-escape glitch poll

Do you think the glitch is good for the competitive game?

• Yes

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 24.2%

• Total voters

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
So a lot of people seem to like this glitch that is present in the 1.03 version. It certainly seems to lend a lot of setups a bigger danger factor to them and create a strong anchor for different strategies.

Team Ninja plans on patching this out in Feb, but I'd at least like to see how people feel about it before it goes. And who knows? They do read the forums. It's at least good for them to know where the community is at with this. The future can hold anything...

Feel free to vote either way, but be warned I'm probably going to delete scrubby longwinded posts by people who don't even travel to tournaments complaining about everything related to guaranteed damage. People who don't support the scene and have no intention of ever doing so have no extended say in anything. You know who you are (and everyone else does too).

DR2K

Yup more guaranteed damage and less random is a great thing.

My guess is TN was fiddling around with the idea of removing fastest escape, accidentally left it in and called it a glitch.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
^I'm for keeping this "glitch" in there, though at the same time I can't help but think that somehow Itagaki's hand is in this.

Worst-case scenario is that after realizing he had nowhere else to go after plans for Devil's Third were scrapped (and people lost interest) he was secretly re-hired back into Tecmo which led to this sudden "delay". The DOA4 launch delay incident shares a similar story. But that's just me being paranoid and having over-the-top conspiracy theories, as usual. For once, I gotta believe that ain't the case.

Tokkosho

i think they should keep SE but make it less effective (shave off like 5 frames at most?)
@BERTHA, it prevents you from being able to SE in Online and versus matches.

RoboJoe

I'm trying to understand the nature of the glitch since I don't have a PS3 and can't test it for myself. From what I've heard the glitch is that the player is set to automatically slow escape, but not at the fastest possible speed, nor can they slow escape faster however many inputs pressed. Am I correct?

My knowledge of the game is too limited to see any negatives of this glitch, so unless there is something extremely unbalanced, I'm all for it since it would basically make sit down stuns what they should have been in the first place.

Doug Nguyen

Thats awesome please!!! Makes delaying attacks of more use. And i always forget to slow escape so it would be great for me.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
What exactly is the glitch? You can't slow escape at all?

Certain stuns are not slow escapable at all. I'm not sure that this applies to all of them, but it seems to apply to everything thats important.

RoboJoe

Certain stuns are not slow escapable at all. I'm not sure that this applies to all of them, but it seems to apply to everything thats important.

Which stuns? Sitdown I assume is one of them, otherwise this wouldn't be nearly as exciting a change as it is. What else is inescapable?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

Seems to be any deep stuns but again limited testing on it. It's not auto-pilot staggering, it's just that max stagger escape shaves off 1 or 3 frames from the total stun instead of what it used to be 10-15. This isn't every stun, but it seems like the deep ones are the ones affected.

Basically, this means that any sit-down stun guarantees critical burst. any.

DR2K

tumblr_inline_mggzedwSKp1qfb1ni.gif

Ghosty-J

This is the greatest glitch ever. Keep it in. While we're at it, especially keep it for the 360 users so everyone can taste the rainbow : D

Seems to be any deep stuns but again limited testing on it. It's not auto-pilot staggering, it's just that max stagger escape shaves off 1 or 3 frames from the total stun instead of what it used to be 10-15. This isn't every stun, but it seems like the deep ones are the ones affected.

jebus.gif

Marcio

I voted "yes" because I think more guaranteed setups means less guessing and that is a step in the right direction for competitive gaming.
In other words:
I am a 360 user and I wanna taste the rainbow!!! :rolleyes:

Musourenka

As long it's on the deep stuns that should give you strong followups, I'm cool with that.

Maybe there's a way to get that "glitch" in the 360 version somehow?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD