The Late Shift with lopedo. (DOA podcast for the people, by the people)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopedo

During my travels and 10+ years of experience, I've noticed a trend. People go out to tournaments, praise the game, praise the people.... then the hype dies down. For the past few tournaments, we've had these post meetings. Tom Lee, a developer for our game, generally gives everybody a talk about how we need to step it up as a community.

On the off chance that you don't know, DOA has never been the most loved game in the FGC. There are a million and one reasons as to why, but the one thing that had always escaped us, in my eyes, is a good community. Who wants to be a part of something awful and self deprecating? The old guard is leaving. FSD as you know it, the Facebook groups, everything needs to be refreshed and rejuvenated.

And who is going to do it? Me? You? Everybody. If you like DOA, if you LIKE our community, our game and dislike all of the drama that surrounds it, raise your hand. Join me in starting the revolution.

Steps, goals, proceedings.

The Late Shift with lopedo will be a weekly (at first) one hour (at first) podcast starring yours truly and at least one guest. These guests will range from top names like MC Kwiggle and XCaliburbladez to folks who are behind the curtain such as our own Matt Ponton and Tom Lee. Interviews conducted by me will shed light to the public on the status of what's going on. No more rumors or behind closed doors discussions. We are all leaders and creators. Bring your own brand.

Recognition is the primary objective of this revolution. We are revolting against those who have cast us out for little to no reason. Why do we not deserve the numbers that other fighters pull in during tournaments? Is our game really that much worse? No. Are we, the people who play it, that much less entertaining than those guys? No.

Keep it simple:
Step 1: Spread DOA. Share, reblog, retweet. It's not hard. You see this thread? Link it on your personal social media. Chances are, at least one friend will tune in and decide that we're entertaining. That's exposure. That's building our brand.

Step 2: Don't shit talk the game. If we hate our own game, why would anybody else like it.

Step 3: Don't expect a massive return overnight. This podcast may start with 1 viewer, and that's okay. If a community comes together, the FGC will notice. How long until we're featured on a major FGC website? I dunno, could be never. One extra person attending an event or watching one on Twitch, though, is just as big.

The revolution starts tomorrow.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/lopedo/2015/09/07/the-revolution-begins

Raansu

One of the biggest assholes in the community probably shouldn't be spearheading this. Lopedo makes me look like a saint and I'm not a very friendly person. Whenever this dude gets on voice chat he starts mouthing off immediately.

RenderingStar

One of the biggest assholes in the community probably shouldn't be spearheading this. Lopedo makes me look like a saint and I'm not a very friendly person. Whenever this dude gets on voice chat he starts mouthing off immediately.
And who were you supposed to be? This is what he's talking about lol Lopedo isn't a bad person or an "asshole" you people are all just sensitive, #Iggbye

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
This is an outstanding idea that will only help the community realize how much wasted potential is swirling around in it. I try to help out in any way I can, but this shit I approve of. The lopedo has spoken!

"Step 2: Don't shit talk the game. If we hate our own game, why would anybody else like it."

^This x1000

Raansu

And who were you supposed to be? This is what he's talking about lol Lopedo isn't a bad person or an "asshole" you people are all just sensitive, #Iggbye

Lopedo is nothing more than a troll who goes out of his way to be an ass. Has nothing to do with being sensitive, I'm just making a factual statement. The dudes an ass and he's been known as such since the DoAC days. He's literally the worst kind of person you want representing a community.

Something like this should be done by people in the community who don't go out of their way to troll people. Someone like Hajin or Emperor Cow.

RenderingStar

Lopedo is nothing more than a troll who goes out of his way to be an ass. Has nothing to do with being sensitive, I'm just making a factual statement. The dudes an ass and he's been known as such since the DoAC days. He's literally the worst kind of person you want representing a community.

Something like this should be done by people in the community who don't go out of their way to troll people. Someone like Hajin or Emperor Cow.
As I said before your being sensitive. Have you actually spoken to him when he wasn't trolling? Most likely not because you allowed yourself to be trolled. Thats where I end my statement lol.

Alcyone

Like the game, don't like the community.

My reason for disliking the community is that I have spotted a lot of two faced people who try to deceive you for whatever reason they desire. My 2nd reason would be the amount of ass kissing people would go through just to hangout with someone of a higher social status within the DoA Community while trying to put you down for not being cool. then you have the drama queens who can't accept someone getting the attention they want. The level of disrespect coming from well known players against newbies is the #1 reason people quit DoA.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!

My reason for disliking the community is that I have spotted a lot of two faced people who try to deceive you for whatever reason they desire. My 2nd reason would be the amount of ass kissing people would go through just to hangout with someone of a higher social status within the DoA Community while trying to put you down for not being cool. then you have the drama queens who can't accept someone getting the attention they want. The level of disrespect coming from well known players against newbies is the #1 reason people quit DoA.

You just described every community associated with everything in life.

Just my personal feeling but if a person can't roll with the punches here they can't roll with the punches anywhere. I disagree with the idea that the DOA community is somehow worse off than other fighting game community pockets. The elements are pretty much the same everywhere you go, sometimes you just luck into grouping with the right people earlier on and start thinking better of it.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor

Do you actually speak to any of these so-called disrespectful players you keep referring to day in and day out in a FSD status every day? Have you actually met me or any of the others in person? And actually have a conversation with any of us? Almost every time I see someone say something like this, it is based off online interaction or speculation from online lobbies or just from something 'you heard'.

Alcyone

Do you actually speak to any of these so-called disrespectful players you keep referring to day in and day out in a FSD status every day? Have you actually met me or any of the others in person? And actually have a conversation with any of us? Almost every time I see someone say something like this, it is based off online interaction or speculation from online lobbies or just from something 'you heard'.
Do I speak to them? Personally I wouldn't, but I've encountered some which caught me off guard.
Online interaction? Yes
Speculation? Nothing I say will come from any other source but my own personal experience.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor

^ This.

Alcyone said:
Do I speak to them? Personally I wouldn't, but I've encountered some which caught me off guard.
Online interaction? Yes
Speculation? Nothing I say will come from any other source but my own personal experience

You basically just proved his point. Online interactions are NOT reflective of how people act offline because they are two different environments. In my experience, I have never met any DOA player offline that was any sort of disrespectful asshole. It's all in people's heads that offline players are malicious twats. No DOA player offline will give you any grief with regards to the game, as long as you're not a dick back to them of course, but that's plain common sense.

Looking forward to seeing how lopedo's show develops.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Online interaction? Yes
Speculation? Nothing I say will come from any other source but my own personal experience.

Basically, you are proving my point. Because you've never actually interacted with any of these apparent disrespectful well-known players you speak of. It is all speculation and wild camp fire stories.

To the general public;

I often wonder if people actually want our members to actually try and do something very positive for the community. I don't know what it is, but every time there is an attempt towards something positive, it is frowned upon or others get lazy and decide not to contribute. It is an awful trend that needs to stop.

This project is to be a community effort, along with other positive things some of us other players have been doing recently (tutorial streams, videos, guides, etc). It would be nice for a change for people to stop trying to be so negative. If you want to be a part of something positive and help out, great. If you don't want to be, that's fine but don't bother trying to drag down those that want to make an honest effort.

Last edited:

Raansu

As I said before your being sensitive. Have you actually spoken to him when he wasn't trolling? Most likely not because you allowed yourself to be trolled. Thats where I end my statement lol.

Have you ever heard the dude talk? The only thing that ever comes out of his mouth is trash talk and racist comments. It doesn't bother me, but it still doesn't change the fact that Lopedo is well known for being a troll.

Hell awhile back I was in a chat with some people and he joined it. I didn't say anything and his first words were "I thought Raansu was dead? Whats he doing in here? Go fucking kill yourself." That's the kind of shit Lopedo says.

With that said I find his idea of bringing a community together unnecessary as this shit goes on in every community and its not unique to doa, but he's the last person that should be in the spotlight for trying to make the community look good.

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Have you ever heard the dude talk? The only thing that ever comes out of his mouth is trash talk and racist comments. It doesn't bother me, but it still doesn't change the fact that Lopedo is well known for being a troll.

He has, this past weekend at Summer Jam. They even had a set on stream in Top 16.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
From what I've seen, Lopedo does tend to have a fair amount of respect for the people that actually do show up at offline events. Online? Yeah, but quite frankly, it's a cesspool of bullshit there anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD