DOA5U The Nereus Shuffle: An Explanation to the 4H+K tech

Nereus

Standard Donor
One of the differences between VF Jacky and DOA Jacky is his wall game. It is similar, but things like P+KK and 4H+K do not work well near walls in DOA. In VF, however, it allows Jacky to gain tremendous damage in VF.

I have found a way for 4H+K to work near walls even though 4H+K wall splats. Here is a video displaying his 6PK string as it wall splats the opponent. Notice the direction in which the opponent falls down. SKIP TO 0:17:

Notice anything weird? The 6PK makes the opponent fall in a specific direction depending on the stance Jacky is in. After further testing, it does not matter which stance your opponent is in. So if Jacky hits the opponent with 6PK while he's facing forward, the opponent will move up, or in the 8 direction. If Jacky has his back-turned, the opponent will move downward, or the 2 direction. This is important in deciding which side to move in order for the 4H+K to land.

Here is another example with the 4H+K in action. Notice which direction i move in order for it to work. SKIP TO 0:22:

This can lead to some interesting setups with the environment as well. Also. the trick is moving in the opposite direction that the opponent is falling to get the 4H+K to land more efficiently. Be careful though, as you also have to be aware of how close you are to the wall because if you try the 4H+K a second time... it may wall splat. And you don't want that :eek:

Lulu

OMG THATS AMAZING !!!!..
LoL... I can't even free step behind opponent's after critical bursts and yet you can do it on wall splats.

What sorcery !!!!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD