The Nier: Automata Thread

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Well think about it, I see nothing wrong with it but my mom would probably kill me if she found out I accepted a PC from someone in Canada XD She'll question me and ask who've I been talking to and I'd have to explain everything, but I'm thinking about just saying it's a friend who moved to Canada and that he sent me his old PC or I could ask my friend Icelyne if she'd be willing to have it mailed to her and the just give it to me. If not then if the other person here I'm referring to doesn't want then it's all DB's which i don't mind since I know it's going to good use regardless.

Let's face it, the PC struggle is real these days XD. Oh and also I'm experimenting with the heavy swords in Nier....I've gotten used to the slow speed and realized they pack a mean swing :-0 You can kill a group of robots in less than 2-3 seconds in comparison to the small ones

Be like this Canadian who gave you the laptop is a Hayabusa fanboy. Then she'll understand.

@DestructionBomb, yea if @KasumiLover69 doesn't want it, you can have it. Just cover shipping, which isn't much

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I like A2 the most. Won't say why though to avoid spoilers! :p
I perfectly understand XD Also for anyone who wants faster experience points and wants to level up several levels within little time I found a great farming location for both gold, material, and machine cores and experience points. Remember the desert where you fought Adam in his "fetal" state? Just go back to that location, there's gonna be an endless horde of robot monsters of varying sizes back to back, and you get so much experience and money and 2 machine cores per 2-3 minutes as long as you have the diamond drop rate chip. I was at level 54 earlier today but was able to get to I think 60-64 within 20 minutes, you just have to choose a powerful sword so it'll go by quicker.

You can also actually get an even more valuable machine core:
In the one mission where you must help Pascal protect the children and when he realizes they all committed suicide, just kill him, you'll get a machine core from him that's more valuable than even the vanilla ones, although if you wanna abuse this, you're gonna have to do the mission a few times after the story, but I'd you willing it's easy money XD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Combo vid??? Well damn, I love the devotion! I'm also obsessed with the heavy swords atm, I'm using the yorha one and I like how unlike the small ones it's takes I think 2-3:good hits to defeat a crowd of robots, especially the big ones which have been a chore for me beforehand XD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
That was one of my favorite parts in the game to do! XD I remember one robot who at least had some logic, he said "Dying won't make us gods..."

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
That whole level was actually pretty sad though especially the ones
committing suicide and jumping in the lava
Yeah I was shocked when I saw that, I remember thinking "What are you guys DOING??" The saddest thing was:
When 9S got killed in his ending, that left me feeling really bad :'-( Even the thumbnail for that chapter selection where he's just laying there dying makes me feel some kind of way >.>

David Gregg

Yeah I was shocked when I saw that, I remember thinking "What are you guys DOING??" The saddest thing was:
When 9S got killed in his ending, that left me feeling really bad :'-( Even the thumbnail for that chapter selection where he's just laying there dying makes me feel some kind of way >.>

If you mean Ending B, it seemed sad at first but actually ended up being okay since his data was stored in surrounding machines and they could recover and upload it to his new body. Now if you mean Ending D then yeah that ending really sucked and even though he was corrupted I still was really mad at his character which basically led to A2 and his death. I'd like to believe Ending C and E are canon (since E starts where C left off) and hopefully D is not. :/

UpSideDownGRUNT

If you mean Ending B, it seemed sad at first but actually ended up being okay since his data was stored in surrounding machines and they could recover and upload it to his new body. Now if you mean Ending D then yeah that ending really sucked and even though he was corrupted I still was really mad at his character which basically led to A2 and his death. I'd like to believe Ending C and E are canon (since E starts where C left off) and hopefully D is not. :/
I disliked 9S for the most part anyway but he got really insufferable in the 3rd campaign

Interesting you said ending C leads to E.... I got ending from doing ending D

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I liked 9S, the only character I didn't like much was ironically 2B but only towards the beginning, she was way too cold and came off as a stoic bitch, but about midway when she began to care more for 9S that's when I liked her. Out of the three post passing the game, I actually use A2 more followed by 9S and I use 2B least. She's hot no doubt about it but she feels like an empty vessel when I play her which is why I don't use her nearly as much as A2. And once you complete the story, you realize that there's a reason why she's pretty limited, A2 imo is what 2B should've been and 2B is what A2 should've been, A2 was supposed to be a woman of few words but she has way more talk time than 2B does and she's not even the protagonist. 9S does a good job pulling the conversation weight tho which is where 2B struggled, all this "We don't get to choose our assignments" and "9S works just fine" and "Yorha aren't supposed to be emotional remember?" and "...." shit really made me dislike her personality initially XD

Last edited:

David Gregg

I disliked 9S for the most part anyway but he got really insufferable in the 3rd campaign

Interesting you said ending C leads to E.... I got ending from doing ending D

Ending E will be unlocked after you've seen both C and D endings so it doesn't matter which order you see them. The reason why I think E takes place after C is because when the pods are going to the androids waiting for them to awaken, 9S is missing his left arm (which was the corrupted 2B arm he put on) which happened in Ending C after A2 cut it off.

Also in D it's a very vague ending but somehow you have the option to let 9S go up to the moon in the "ark" with the rest of the machines (not sure if it's physical beings or just this collective consciousness). It doesn't seem possible that E could've occurred after that one.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Important lesson that can also apply in real life. Thanks Weird Machine.

tumblr_omzebnmd_K31tt3wuco1_1280.png

- Weird Machine

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Important lesson that can also apply in real life. Thanks Weird Machine.

tumblr_omzebnmd_K31tt3wuco1_1280.png

- Weird Machine
Lol, Liu Shan from Dynasty Warriors taught me that too XD I love the dialogue that they all have, like one giant robot said "I may be big, but it doesn't mean I'm strong". The developers did a great job making the robots act almost like they're real people, Ngl I hesitated killing some of them because of that reason, I don't even attack the ones at the amusement park anymore XD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD