The Nier: Automata Thread

Awesmic

Standard Donor
This detailed review explains the why Nier: Automata is a great title for the ages, and not just a flavor of the month.

It contains minor visual spoilers, so you've been warned.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
tumblr_oo5m0czmlv1sgot1ro1_1280.png

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Got endings A B C G U a very short while ago.

I LOL'd at the boss where these hologram clones began arguing among each other after too many started trying to gang up on A2. Appreciate the irony on this one. This entity was supposed to have transcended humanity yet it still fucked itself over because of the fact that they were second-guessing itself.
Kind of like how humans do in specific cases. Now, I am looking into A2's dashing charge mechanic.

EDIT:

Fixed.

EDIT 2:

Spoilers initiated.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Oh GDH you needn't worry about the charge mechanic, it doesn't do anything besides just allow her to dash farther before she breaks into sprint, 2B and 9S have worse ones since as soon as they dash charge they'll immediately break into sprint like A2

Argentus

You forgot the Platinum label and funny enough, it came during the time that developers and creators was pretty much bowing down to the vocal minority constantly bitching about things so Yoko Taro's "I don't give a fuck" attitude was a breath of fresh air in comparison.
one of the rare times I agree with you.

Aside from 2b's ass, there's not much sex appeal about the game. And even then, she's such a stoic Lady of War, that you could play without the skirt on, just ass, like I do (Fully admit her ass is nice, but it's more that I hate that goofy frilly dress on a battleborg), and it's not even noticeable (All the fanart of her in sexy poses just makes me laugh because she'd sooner kick your ass then ever do that haha)

That said, I am HATING the 9s Playthrough. I'm still annoyed 2bs just suddenly ended out of nowhere so I couldn't finish the sidequests, but 9s is such a bore to play by comparison that his story is just a huge chore to play through. His much more limited combat abilities don't help.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
one of the rare times I agree with you.

Aside from 2b's ass, there's not much sex appeal about the game. And even then, she's such a stoic Lady of War, that you could play without the skirt on, just ass, like I do (Fully admit her ass is nice, but it's more that I hate that goofy frilly dress on a battleborg), and it's not even noticeable (All the fanart of her in sexy poses just makes me laugh because she'd sooner kick your ass then ever do that haha)

That said, I am HATING the 9s Playthrough. I'm still annoyed 2bs just suddenly ended out of nowhere so I couldn't finish the sidequests, but 9s is such a bore to play by comparison that his story is just a huge chore to play through. His much more limited combat abilities don't help.
His hacks make up for his ability lack, if I had to say in order the people i enjoyed using most it would be A2, 9S, and 2B last. His story will get better once you do route C, that's when he the good stuff begins

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
DLC set incoming
IMG_20170417_085550.jpg

Screenshot_20170417-085646.png

Screenshot_20170417-085702.png

Screenshot_20170417-085637.png

Lol, looks like they trying to pull a FFXV, but it may be fake regarding the CEOs. Either way I'm definitely gonna buy

There's also gonna be a colosseum where you can fight harder difficulty opponents and unlock hair and costume color changes

Last edited:

Aerospark

Standard Donor
I thought A2 was going to get Kaine's costume...I want a recount!
Yeah... I mean considering...
A2 has Kaine's memories inside her. It'd make more sense for A2 to get Kaine.
But the costumes all look good! I wonder if you can swap 2B's and A2's outfits. Probably not, but it'd be nice.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Yeah... I mean considering...
A2 has Kaine's memories inside her. It'd make more sense for A2 to get Kaine.
But the costumes all look good! I wonder if you can swap 2B's and A2's outfits. Probably not, but it'd be nice.

I mean don't get me wrong that much either since:

2B/2E and the rest of the Executioner Models is basically made after A2's image and abilities

So there is some precedent of 2B getting that costume over A2.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Completed the Coliseums and unlocked the outfits and the twelve hair colors... A2 was the hardest and 9S was the easiest to unlock.

Here's the hair color and costume showcase I did myself if any of you even care to see

Sotherius

Ok, got this game last week, and i did pretty much everything i wanted to do (so, i missed a few sidequests in general), Is time for me to share my feelings on the game. But since i'll go ham with spoilers, be warned.

I have to admit, i started frustrated with the game already, i pre ordered it, but it took 2 months for the game to arrive due to brazilian's shitty mail service. And then, when it arrived, i had to send it back to the brazilian representative of Sony responsible for making brazilian copies of the game, because due to a defect, the pre-order physical copies of the game couldn't be updated.

But going to the actual game now. First i have to say that i had previous general knowledge of the whole nier story and plot points due to watching other playthroughs and reading a lot about it.

But, when the game started, i got somewhat really disappointed in the beginning, side quests were in general boring, and the combat wasn't that great, and the story was really predictable in a lot of times. But i was playing and having more fun.

Now, combat isn't the best combat in action games, not even one of the best combats platinum has done, but it is fun for sure, upgrading weapons though? a pain, mainly if you want the best piece of content of this game...

A lot of good sidequests later though.

The game is still a bit short, but grindy (luckly you can leave the game grinding for you).

Anyways, i liked the story in the end, sad for the fact that you play mostly as 9s in the game, including the first emil fight that you have to use 9S. Don't get me wrong, i really like 9S as a character, but boy his moveset is pure garbage.

2B has the most solid design, even more with that combat suit of the operation on beginning of the C/D route, she looks so badass.

I like A2 a lot, but her design doesn't strike me that well, it is really cool the idea of her fake skin showing gaps to show how much she has been through without repairs, but that kind of breaks apart when the transport via machines actually just uploads the yorha android conscience into another body... So who knows...

A story point that i feel heavily disappointed is that magic is only mentioned once in the game (maybe more in the archives), when a key part of nier plot point is that androids and all advanced technology was somewhat derived from magic experiments.

Now, the thing i most liked, was for sure Emil, and his two sidequests, his 2 boss battles. 2B development as well was great, on how she at the game point only wanted to keep 9s safe because she killed him so much. How the machine lifeforms developed on their own and how yorha was a cover up (even though that was obvious since the beginning to someone that knew nier's story).

In general, really great game, but i don't see myself coming back to it anytime soon, not after that grind to get the second emil fight (that was really worth it), and i don't plan on getting the dlc, i've heard the bosses are just reskins of adam and eve, and the costumes are not really tempting me in any way.

Side note, i wonder how hard will be for people to get ending E in a few years, where not everyone will be playing and there will be way less save files to sacrifice.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD