The Nier: Automata Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The save file thing imo is a bunch of baloney, I played offline the entire time and I still got offered to sacrifice my save file and that apparently players sacrificed theirs for me....i don't believe that's true so I didn't sacrifice my save

Character wise I felt A2 was the best but only because of the added dash move and berserk mode, she's basically what 2B should be, she's the only one I play now because her design imo is much more ragged and unkempt plus she has that long hair custom and actually shows emotion. 2B was my least favorite, she came off as a cold, emotionless bitch and the fact that she kept her true feelings hidden until it was too late made me feel nothing for her, love her appearance but personality wise she's a turn off. 9S is my second favorite for obvious reasons, and his plaustyle imo is the best....he has access to easy no work damage via his hack, as long as you hack correctly you'll take off large portions of opponent health and the fail risk where you lose health is much less threatening than A2s flawed berserk mode and 2Bs self destruct....well unless you have health gain chips which makes you virtually unable to die

The combat imo is great, simple and effective, and the story is actually long imo, it took me a week to pass the whole thing

And there's more to the DLC than just the CEO fights, those are hidden in one of the coliseums. The DLC has you complete three Coliseums to unlock 9s outfit(his is the easiest), 2bs(Hers is average in difficulty but her outfit eats major ass imo, and I don't mean the good way either) and A2s(hers is hands down the best outfit, but her Coliseum is tough with the rules). You also get music and there's a secret video type log for a deceased robot that I felt was very touching and relatable. And don't expect much from the CEOs...you can't actually beat them obviously since they're CEOs, they make an epic escape when they're close to death and you can't hurt them anymore and if I remember correctly there's a heavy bullet hell sequence which shocked me since I didn't know I was supposed to back up. I say the DLC is worth it, I made a video showcasing the outfits for anyone who wanted to watch it. And you can't actually use the DLC unless you pass the full game and thag means if you try to get ending E you're not gonna be able to use it unless you complete the whole thing again

I personally say the game is still the best one I've played this year, it was dark, beautiful, and desolate and even now I still play it, I hope they make more DLC, I wouldn't mind bikinis and swimwear or something revealing. The final endings I didn't enjoy since they involved my two favorite characters and the depressing bgm "Widespread Illness"(the best track in the game behind A beautiful Song") did not help the situation feel any better, I literally can't stand the thumbnails for selecting that chapter...9s's expression in that chapter thumbnail is horrifying

Last edited:

Chapstick

tumblr_oqt6aw0Y731rje51ao1_400.gif
tumblr_oqt6aw0Y731rje51ao4_400.gif

tumblr_oqt6aw0Y731rje51ao3_400.gif
tumblr_oqt6aw0Y731rje51ao2_400.gif

Sotherius

he DLC has you complete three Coliseums to unlock 9s outfit(his is the easiest), 2bs(Hers is average in difficulty but her outfit eats major ass imo, and I don't mean the good way either) and A2s(hers is hands down the best outfit, but her Coliseum is tough with the rules).

I know about the costumes, and i kind of wanted them because they're from the original nier, but it is too pricey, maybe later.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I've had it a few weeks now (got it during the jrpg psn sale) but just started getting into it like a couple days ago
Tell me if you complete it and unlock chapter select, I have a gif request that has something to do with rhis... if you wanted to
Fotor_149455444296760.jpg

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I haven't bought the dlc and I'm not sure if I'm going to so hopefully it can be done with his default

Stupid question- are the hair colors for all characters or just 2B?
It's for 2B and A2 only, A2 can also use it with her long hair option too when you unlock it

And trust me the DLC is worth it once you pass the full game, it adds more levels in the Coliseums, and I'm so glad you didnt question as to why I took that pic in particular...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I finished route C & got ending E & it was like

tumblr_nt2x62ueU01tieldso3_500.gif

*hits continue & route A starts*

tumblr_nt2x62ueU01tieldso2_500.gif
It was sad wasn't it?? Now you know why I hated the ending, I was so attached to 9S and A2 that it really broke my heart, and that depressing music when A2 and 9s were talking didn't help

Which ending you get? The red one or the hack one?

Chapstick

It was sad wasn't it?? Now you know why I hated the ending, I was so attached to 9S and A2 that it really broke my heart, and that depressing music when A2 and 9s were talking didn't help

Which ending you get? The red one or the hack one?
I have endings A through E and M

The ending didn't really make me sad and I just ended up hating 9S by the end of the game. What made me sad was what became of Pascal's village tbh

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I have endings A through E and M

The ending didn't really make me sad and I just ended up hating 9S by the end of the game. What made me sad was what became of Pascal's village tbh
Why 9S? Tbh, he had a reason too,he found out alot of sinister stuff and he was also silently suffering from that thing the others had, it was just obvious but I think his hatred for A2 and his love for 2B was what really pushed him and caused him to break, I personally think his personality change was justified

And yeah Pascal had it really hard, as someone who had the purest heart and the most innocent intentions, he deserved a far more better outcome, but he unknowingly taught the children fear. I personally feel like A2 and 9S were definetly the stars of the game, they overshadowed 2B and everyone else

Chapstick

I don't think it's official but it's highly speculated that the **** word was kill when he got hacked by Adam. So the kid had problems even before he saw 2B die. Then there's the scene with all the 2B models. I think he had it in him the whole time and seeing her die just pushed it over the edge :/

I hated Hope in FFXIII too for his whole story arc of misplaced anger at Snow.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't think it's official but it's highly speculated that the **** word was kill when he got hacked by Adam. So the kid had problems even before he saw 2B die. Then there's the scene with all the 2B models. I think he had it in him the whole time and seeing her die just pushed it over the edge :/

Come on now Chap, if you were in 9s's situation and thought something happened when it wasn't like that and you didn't know, you would be angry too. I loved how even when A2 saved him and they cooperated at one point how he was still determined to kill her. I was sad at the moment he told his pod to deactivate safe mode and to only override it wjen either he or A2...you know, that's when I realized that no matter what there was no escaping the situation

I also hated how A2 cut her hair... loved her hair, based on how it looks in game I think she never really cared to trim the fringe and I think she had hair that came over her shoulders but she cut it in shaggy sidelocks so it wouldn't be a hindrance. But then again if she had long hair at the end 9S could easily just grab it and kill her

I also liked how Adam originally had long hair that fell over his eye but I think because he adapted and evolved he learned to pull some behind his ear, and I liked Eve more because he cut his short, but then again Eve>>>Adam

Xhominid The Demon Within

Actually, it means Fuck too.

Go back to 2B's route and do the Jackass missions, it will really clarify a few things as well as a few scenes in the 9S route as well

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I always thought that was just Adam being a troll to 9S when he went on saying how he probably wanted fuck 2B(If someome said that to me and used the name of someone I was close with I would be so fucking mad and embarrassed...)

Luckily A2 wasn't affected, she never seemed truly keen on fighting anyone and like she just wanted to be left alone

UpSideDownGRUNT

It's still unreal to me that Kira is the voice of a main character in a big game like NieR: Automata.

I've been a fan of her since her early Newgrounds days... I'm always excited to hear her in games and anime now.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD