Yoko Taro, the director of Nier Automata revealed his favorite current games:

- Resogun

- Final Fantasy XV

- Horizon Zero Dawn

- Gravity Rush / Gravity Rush 2

- Danganronpa series

- Life is Strange

-The Last Guardian

Maybe, just maybe, a couple of people who wrote of Horizon Zero Dawn off for silly reasons like it being developed by a Western developer or Aloy not being hot enough, should reconsider giving it a try, considering how close its setting and theme actually is to Nier Automata and that it is one of the director's favorite games. ;)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yoko Taro, the director of Nier Automata revealed his favorite current games:

- Resogun

- Final Fantasy XV

- Horizon Zero Dawn

- Gravity Rush / Gravity Rush 2

- Danganronpa series

- Life is Strange

-The Last Guardian

Maybe, just maybe, a couple of people who wrote of Horizon Zero Dawn off for silly reasons like it being developed by a Western developer or Aloy not being hot enough, should reconsider giving it a try, considering how close its setting and theme actually is to Nier Automata and that it is one of the director's favorite games. ;)
No thanks XD me trying out something just because a game director of my favorite 2017 game made it is like me trying out something I dislike because my friend said they like it. The Game looks good but I wouldn't play it more than one day

Tyaren

Standard Donor
No thanks XD me trying out something just because a game director of my favorite 2017 game made it is like me trying out something I dislike because my friend said they like it. The Game looks good but I wouldn't play it more than one day

Lol, that is not a very fitting equivalence...

- An artist created something you really like
- That artist really likes something similar created by another artist
- There is a big possibility you also really like the similar thing by another artist

- friend likes something
- you already hate that something
- Very, very slim possibility you will ever like it.

Too bad...I guess I also hate taking screens of Aquaman... >__>

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Lol, that is not a very fitting equivalence...

- An artist created something you really like
- That artist really likes something similar created by another artist
- There is a big possibility you also really like the similar thing by another artist

- friend likes something
- you already hate that something
- Very, very slim possibility you will ever like it.

Too bad...I guess I also hate taking screens of Aquaman... >__>
Is that a threat??? :-O

Argentus

same. Everyone says its amazing but I look at it and...just not my type of game. Very pretty, but looks kinda boring to actually play.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
same. Everyone says its amazing but I look at it and...just not my type of game. Very pretty, but looks kinda boring to actually play.
That's how I feel about it too, plus I'm picky on what games I play, I have like only 8 to 11 ps4 games because I'm very choosy. Doesn't mean I know less about games or anything like that, it's just I'm not gonna just buy each and every game that comes out, I try to buy what I know I'm gonna play and what interests me

Argentus

That's how I feel about it too, plus I'm picky on what games I play, I have like only 8 to 11 ps4 games because I'm very choosy. Doesn't mean I know less about games or anything like that, it's just I'm not gonna just buy each and every game that comes out, I try to buy what I know I'm gonna play and what interests me

i have a lot more than that, but largely due to flash sales. I'm still very picky on what i pick up new/full priced.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I fail to see how HZD and Nier are similar?

We talked about this a while ago in...I don't even know in which thread, I don't think it was in here or the Horizon thread. To make it short:
- Story focused
- real time action combat
- open world RPG
- post apocalyptic setting
- trying to figure out how and why the world got destroyed
- fighting for the survival of humanity against machines that have taken control of earth
- Main characters have similar origins and purposes, but that goes into spoiler territory...

just_me

Standard Donor
- Story focused

Maybe… though the writing in HZD is for like 15 year olds, while I thought that Nier at least has some interesting elements to it.

- real time action combat

That's just ridiculous… when it comes to mechanics and pacing the games share basically nothing. Nier: Automata is best described as simplified Bayonetta imo, while HZD is more like Gears of War or something… can't come up with a good comparison since it's a general style of combat I do not enjoy much.

- open world RPG
Again only true in a pretty loose sense… past it's tutorial act HZD is your standard open sandbox almost like Skyrim, while access to areas in Nier is heavily tied to story progression. Basically beating a boss unlocks the next area, which is more in line with something like Dark Souls. Both are completely different open world experiences.

- post apocalyptic setting
- trying to figure out how and why the world got destroyed
- fighting for the survival of humanity against machines that have taken control of earth
- Main characters have similar origins and purposes, but that goes into spoiler territory...

Most of these elements have completely different focus and emphasis in the respective games.
I can apply most of these points to Breath of the Wild:
  • World was overrun by Ganon and corrupted machines ✔
  • regaining memories of events that lead to the current state is a major plot point ✔
  • well from Ganon, but his army are magic machines ✔
  • hero created by “goddess” to stop the “ancient evil”… pretty damn close actually ✔
The real purpose of 2B's and Aloy's existence is pretty different and while the identity twist/reveal in HZD was fairly obvious, the hints in Nier are far more subtle.

If you are somewhat picky with your game choices and don't just enjoy good games in general, I don't think enjoying one of these games is a strong predictor for enjoying the other. From the 4 RPG-ish games I played this year (Nioh, HZD, Nier, BotW) HZD is the game I played and enjoyed the least (I still finished it twice with 100% completion in the progression tab…)

Chapstick

I liked both but I enjoyed Horizon more than Nier tbh. The gameplay in my opinion was stronger and it had a lot more polish overall.
I'm curious, out of those 8-11 games were any of the purchases not driven by a fetish or character you found hot? Normally I'd say Crash probably wasn't but after that furry incest avatar you had nvm

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I liked both but I enjoyed Horizon more than Nier tbh. The gameplay in my opinion was stronger and it had a lot more polish overall.

I'm curious, out of those 8-11 games were any of the purchases not driven by a fetish or character you found hot? Normally I'd say Crash probably wasn't but after that furry incest avatar you had nvm

tumblr_nen8aesope1rwtr9qo2_400.gif

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

:oops: Well I'll be honest, here's the games I bought and why I got them:

Senran Kagura- For Ryona plus the fanservice and gameplay

DOA5LR- I wanted it for my birthday gift and I got it along with a ps4, gameplay and hotness and fetishes obviously

KOFXIV- I didn't want it at first but then I saw that Kensou was added and him being in the game in 3D got me to finally get it, I like his character and I find his voice and appearance cute, same with a few others plus Rock Howard who I bought a few months ago since his shirt goes up and down and his design

Persona 5- I always wanted to play the series but couldn't but after I was told by uh....special friend that a 5th one was coming to ps4 I got on the hype train and bought it since I never played it before. So curiosity was the main cause although I also wanted it since I have a small weakness for the protagonist in this game, plus I like all the other girls and pretty much everyone who joins the group, especially Futaba since I find her depression and self loathing relatable as well as how her palace is set up.

FFXV- Wasn't into the series at first but Tyaren mentioned a Luminous Engine that the game would use and he linked me in the thread which was also during the time I began opening up on fsd more. I was too scared to say anything back then but I secretly liked Noctis and of course Luna and Gentiana. So I mainly got it for the actual story and gameplay, hotness and fetishes was pretty low key here.

Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2- For the gameplay, although the game does have Jessica and Maya and the new male protagonist and others who I find cute but that's actually lowkey since I love the dragon quest series ever since I could remember. The game is more cutesy tho so theres not much to ogle

Crash Bandicoot- For the gameplay, nostalgia and the new graphics which make all the characters look amusingly cuter but not in a pervy way, I genuinely like the style

Tekken- For the gameplay, although my personal fetishes and me finding almost 3.9/4 of the cast attractive is another reason I like it.

Nier- didn't want it initially because I thought it would be boring...i watched the trailer and played the demo and instantly had a turnaround, plus I liked 2Bs design and obviously 9s who I like way more. Got the game and played it that entire week for the gameplay and obviously the hotness although I realized A2 was my favorite when I saw her for the first time in the forest kingdom since she had long hair and a depressed vibe and I also began to dislike 2B. This game is honestly mostly for the gameplay but since I already completed it I mainly just ogle now and listen to the music in hopes they add DLC so it can have more value and so I can take more screenshots

I really hope they add more stuff tho, if not missions they can add more costumes that can be destroyed and more hairstyles and maybe DLC missions for Adam and eve and Simone, would love to play as them from their perspective

Chapstick

:oops: Well I'll be honest, here's the games I bought and why I got them:

Senran Kagura- For Ryona plus the fanservice and gameplay

DOA5LR- I wanted it for my birthday gift and I got it along with a ps4, gameplay and hotness and fetishes obviously

KOFXIV- I didn't want it at first but then I saw that Kensou was added and him being in the game in 3D got me to finally get it, I like his character and I find his voice and appearance cute, same with a few others plus Rock Howard who I bought a few months ago since his shirt goes up and down and his design

Persona 5- I always wanted to play the series but couldn't but after I was told by uh....special friend that a 5th one was coming to ps4 I got on the hype train and bought it since I never played it before. So curiosity was the main cause although I also wanted it since I have a small weakness for the protagonist in this game, plus I like all the other girls and pretty much everyone who joins the group, especially Futaba since I find her depression and self loathing relatable as well as how her palace is set up.

FFXV- Wasn't into the series at first but Tyaren mentioned a Luminous Engine that the game would use and he linked me in the thread which was also during the time I began opening up on fsd more. I was too scared to say anything back then but I secretly liked Noctis and of course Luna and Gentiana. So I mainly got it for the actual story and gameplay, hotness and fetishes was pretty low key here.

Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2- For the gameplay, although the game does have Jessica and Maya and the new male protagonist and others who I find cute but that's actually lowkey since I love the dragon quest series ever since I could remember. The game is more cutesy tho so theres not much to ogle

Crash Bandicoot- For the gameplay, nostalgia and the new graphics which make all the characters look amusingly cuter but not in a pervy way, I genuinely like the style

Tekken- For the gameplay, although my personal fetishes and me finding almost 3.9/4 of the cast attractive is another reason I like it.

Nier- didn't want it initially because I thought it would be boring...i watched the trailer and played the demo and instantly had a turnaround, plus I liked 2Bs design and obviously 9s who I like way more. Got the game and played it that entire week for the gameplay and obviously the hotness although I realized A2 was my favorite when I saw her for the first time in the forest kingdom since she had long hair and a depressed vibe and I also began to dislike 2B. This game is honestly mostly for the gameplay but since I already completed it I mainly just ogle now and listen to the music in hopes they add DLC so it can have more value and so I can take more screenshots
It looks like fetishes & attractive characters played a part in every single one of these

I guess that's human and probably normal but I really suggest branching out into other games. I suggested FFX/X-2 HD before and I still do, these days you can get it for such a good price and it's got so much content. Not finding Yuna attractive is not a good reason to skip out on it
I really hope they add more stuff tho, if not missions they can add more costumes that can be destroyed and more hairstyles and maybe DLC missions for Adam and eve and Simone, would love to play as them from their perspective
I'd buy more story dlc for this game tbh. If it was good. I heard what they did add in that $14 thing wasn't very good
tumblr_n2evy7e9FR1r3jqyco1_400.gif

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It looks like fetishes & attractive characters played a part in every single one of these

I guess that's human and probably normal but I really suggest branching out into other games. I suggested FFX/X-2 HD before and I still do, these days you can get it for such a good price and it's got so much content. Not finding Yuna attractive is not a good reason to skip out on it

I'd buy more story dlc for this game tbh. If it was good. I heard what they did add in that $14 thing wasn't very good

tumblr_n2evy7e9FR1r3jqyco1_400.gif
Who told you that?? As a fan of the game, I can give you my honest opinion, the dlc is very good. You're given Coliseums where you can play easy challenges thag give you alot of rewards and clothes and stuff and more music as well as a secret mission in the amusement park where you learn a robots sad story about beinf always slower than the others, it honestly made me feel bad for him and you can also see the harsh realities of the machines in the dlc missions, especially in 9s and 2Bs missions

Also lemme repost the saddest part of the game that brought tears to my eyes.... the music made me lose it when they were talking, to this day I listen to it whenever I'm depressed

Jesus, it's like that singing is ripping out my heart...thats also the ending I got the first time, I was already crying when A2 got hers, but when 9S was hurt I was literally horrified as I watched the suffering and the bright scarlet pour on the floor

I don't blame him for what he did tho, I mean I would probably want to kill the person I thought took my only happiness away from me...well no I don't want to go to jail but I would be ready to fight

Sotherius

The only part of the game that really broke me was.....
The fight against the Giant emil heads in the desert.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The only part of the game that really broke me was.....
The fight against the Giant emil heads in the desert.
I haven't done that yet but I watched it, i can't say it made me sad but I loved Emil, he's such an innocent and kind character. It's also neat how his voice actress Julie Ann Taylor also voices Michelle in tekken, and hilde in soul calibur although now I think about it the voices have similar pitches. I hope 9s's VA can voice a male in DOA or Tekken one day, he was really good and we interacted once on twitter

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
1st playthrough - This is.... underwhelming...why is this game so popular again?

2nd playthrough - This is more lame than the first playthrough

3rd playthrough - Ok....game is starting to ramp up...I like this now....wtf 2B and who the fk is this A2....I am not dealing with 9S solo (legit dropped the game for 2 weeks)

4th playthrough + all three endings - Ok wtf....this is one of the best games I ever played.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
1st playthrough - This is.... underwhelming...why is this game so popular again?

2nd playthrough - This is more lame than the first playthrough

3rd playthrough - Ok....game is starting to ramp up...I like this now....wtf 2B and who the fk is this A2....I am not dealing with 9S solo (legit dropped the game for 2 weeks)

4th playthrough + all three endings - Ok wtf....this is one of the best games I ever played.
Yeah I thought my 1st playthrough was the entire game XD it's definetlymy favorite game of 2017 atm, especially the final fight between....you know, but I got the 9S ending so I ended up all teary eyed XD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD